• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers

horrific, poor bastard, I hope he gets over that as soon as possible

also, very much secondary, there needs to be a better system of compensation for club teams when players get injured in these sideshows, the Irish FA don't have a pot to tinkle in so it won't come from them

thats Everton robbed of a key player at a crucial stage of the season in their fight to guarantee a place in Europe

Was the tackle really that bad? They didn't show any replays, so it's difficult to judge, but it didn't look like a shocking tackle to me. It was a 50/50-ball and they both went for it. I didn't see any malice in it. As soon there is a serious injury, people tend to exaggerate. It might have been worthy of a red, but it was a tackle you see every week.

Was the tackle really that bad? They didn't show any replays, so it's difficult to judge, but it didn't look like a shocking tackle to me. It was a 50/50-ball and they both went for it. I didn't see any malice in it. As soon there is a serious injury, people tend to exaggerate. It might have been worthy of a red, but it was a tackle you see every week.
It was shockingly bad. I've seen the replays.

Bale should have seen red a minute earlier for a similar tackle. Luckily it didn't break O'Shea's leg.

It was shockingly bad. I've seen the replays.

Bale should have seen red a minute earlier for a similar tackle. Luckily it didn't break O'Shea's leg.
I'd like to see those replays. I am still quite certain there was no malice in it though. It's quite easy to see whether someone intents to hurt a player or not. This was just a case of going in a bit too hard for a loose ball.

I don't think Bale should have been off. He slid in in an attempt to score. It was not even a tackle, just unlucky. When you're an attacker you must be allowed to go for those balls.

I'd like to see those replays. I am still quite certain there was no malice in it though. It's quite easy to see whether someone intents to hurt a player or not. This was just a case of going in a bit too hard for a loose ball.

I don't think Bale should have been off. He slid in in an attempt to score. It was not even a tackle, just unlucky. When you're an attacker you must be allowed to go for those balls.
Sorry mate you are wrong on both counts.

you shouldn't be going in for tackles like that full stop, let alone in micky mouse games like this

there is still two months of real football to play

bale should know better, he's got a third European Cup to go and win

Obviously not. And you are wrong. Both tackles were shin high studs up. If you think that is just part of the game then I'm glad we don't play football together.
Taylor's may easily have been a red card. I can't judge, because I haven't seen a replay. I'm just saying I don't think he went into the tackle with the intention to hurt Coleman. And just because Coleman happened to be badly injured, it doesn't automatically make the tackle the worst in the history of football. People always exaggerate when there is a serious injury.

Bale just slid forward in an attempt to score and the ball was bouncing, hence the high foot. It was a complete accident, not an attempt to tackle, and therefore he shouldn't be sent off for it in my opinion. I used to play up front, and I'd be shocked if I was sent off for that. When you're a striker, you wouldn't be doing your job if you didn't go for the ball in that situation. Just bad luck.

Taylor's may easily have been a red card. I can't judge, because I haven't seen a replay. I'm just saying I don't think he went into the tackle with the intention to hurt Coleman. And just because Coleman happened to be badly injured, it doesn't automatically make the tackle the worst in the history of football. People always exaggerate when there is a serious injury.

Bale just slid forward in an attempt to score and the ball was bouncing, hence the high foot. It was a complete accident, not an attempt to tackle, and therefore he shouldn't be sent off for it in my opinion. I used to play up front, and I'd be shocked if I was sent off for that. When you're a striker, you wouldn't be doing your job if you didn't go for the ball in that situation. Just bad luck.
You are trying to justify two fairly horrendous tackles that were pretty similar. And one of them by your own admission you haven't even seen the replay.

fudge it, whatever.

Last edited:
Photos of Taylor going studs first on Coleman's shin :eek:

C7u3FY_VAAA1TA6.jpg

C7u2qcUX0AIRmPz.jpg

horrific, poor bastard, I hope he gets over that as soon as possible

also, very much secondary, there needs to be a better system of compensation for club teams when players get injured in these sideshows, the Irish FA don't have a pot to tinkle in so it won't come from them

thats Everton robbed of a key player at a crucial stage of the season in their fight to guarantee a place in Europe

Nowt to do with them - only playing vs Norway in Group C

Horror tackle and premeditated seeing as Taylor followed through with a scissor to stop Colman. IMO the FA should deal with this at least as severely as Dembele's eye gouge on Costa. Taylor's ban should extend beyond the normal 3 matches because of the detrimental affect on the injured player's career. I wouldn't have complained if Uefa had done the same to Alli for his tackle in the game vs Gent.

Right, I haven't seen any games (did watch 30 mins of Ireland and Wales and saw Coleman's leg hanging off) BUT our guys, any injured?....that's all I care about.

Back