• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Horrible aerial clash and latest news really shocking. One of my favourite players when he was at Spurs although been really unlucky with injuries

Get well soon Ryan

I hope the Mirror story was exaggerated (after reading the official statement from Hull), and if so I hope they get rightly called out for it. Wish the lad well. Nice touch from ours to post on social media wishing him a speedy recovery.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

As you might imagine I haven't been able to get through to his dad it's a real numbing feeling right now. I knew it was bad when I saw it.

Just praying he is being well looked after.
Thans for the update Roy, and my thoughts are with you too.

Head injuries are awfully complex and dangerous, so all I can hope for is a speedy recovery for Ryan Mason. Get well soon, lad.

That's horrible! [emoji17] Hope it's not as bad as reported and that he'll recover well. Such a nasty injury. Get well soon!

Terrible news. Didn't watch or see anything about the game yesterday, so it came as a shock opening this thread just now.
Best wishes to him for a full recovery.

I hope the Mirror story was exaggerated (after reading the official statement from Hull), and if so I hope they get rightly called out for it. Wish the lad well. Nice touch from ours to post on social media wishing him a speedy recovery.

Seems it was a little OTT, stating he was fighting for his life to get clicks

fudge, get well soon Ryan. If it is a fractured skull what sort of healing time is it, does it even heel?!? This is terrible.

The fracture skull should heel readily enough, but the issue will be the bleeding and what damaged it cause. Even if he recovers with no permanent damage his football career may be over. There could be too much risk for him heading the ball or sustaining a repeat injury, the same way this is becoming more of a concern after repeated concussions.

This sounds more promising, although it is still early days of course :
Ryan Mason Update
The Club can confirm that Ryan has been visited this morning at St Mary's Hospital by Club Captain Michael Dawson, Club Doctor Mark Waller, Head of Medical Rob Price and Club Secretary Matt Wild.

Ryan has been speaking of the incident yesterday and will continue to be monitored at the hospital over the coming days where the Club will remain in close contact with Ryan, his family and the staff at St Mary's.

Ryan and his family have also been extremely touched by the overwhelming support they have received and would very much like to thank all of those who have posted such positive comments both on social media and in the press over the last 24 hours.

Read more at http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/...mason-update-3534195.aspx#LBXORibkwFUPWE3O.99

I'm glad he is reported as awake and speaking. Massive relief.
However, whilst the headline by the Mirror was in poor taste (imo, then could have said serious but stable or words to that effect) i don't think they were exaggerating. A fractured skull AND a bleed on the brain is actually potentially life threatening; i imagine it was the quick intervention and surgery last night which will probably be judged as crucial to his (hopefully full) recovery.

Well, apparently Daws + the Hull medical staff and the club secretary went to meet him today, followed by Cahill, Terry and Steve Holland from Chelski. Can't be that bad if he's regained consciousness, recognizes them all and is talking about yesterday's events, right?

The fracture skull should heel readily enough, but the issue will be the bleeding and what damaged it cause. Even if he recovers with no permanent damage his football career may be over. There could be too much risk for him heading the ball or sustaining a repeat injury, the same way this is becoming more of a concern after repeated concussions.

Thank goodness he's on the mend. Always tried his best when he was playing for us.

Is this similar to Cech's injury?

Back