• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Jan Vertonghen is expected to be out for two months after scans confirmed serious damage to his ankle ligaments.

The Belgian extensively damaged ankle ligaments in the win over West Brom on Saturday, and has undergone numerous scans and tests over the past 72 hours.

It is the same ankle hurt last year, an untimely injury which ruled the Belgium international out of the finals of Euro 2016.

We barely noticed his absence last season such was the level of Wimmers performances - fingers crossed it's the same this time around

Although our defense is playing at an even higher level this time around which makes his job harder tbf

Last edited:
Latest story

Tottenham realise their worst fears with Jan Vertonghen injury

http://dailyflailandfable.com

Worst, eh? If he'd snapped a tibia or left a testicle on the turf, then maybe. But no, he's simply twanged a ligament in his ankle.

Two months out, as accurately assessed yesterday by Dr. Norf. We'll manage.

Great opportunities for both Wimmer and Davies. They're already well integrated into the system. I don't think they'll let us down.

It's a loss but the squad built and maintained by the manager looks like it should cope. Wimmer will be the natural replacement. I think the back 3 role will suit him.

Worst, eh? If he'd snapped a tibia or left a testicle on the turf, then maybe. But no, he's simply twanged a ligament in his ankle.

Great opportunities for both Wimmer and Davies. They're already well integrated into the system. I don't think they'll let us down.

Not my words

I'd expect him to play with one testicle.

Hopefully its an old-style Tottenham 2 months, meaning 3 or 4.

2 months from now takes us to the 17th and as it is we have an International break on the 25th. Would be good if returned ready for the back-to-back away matches at the start of April

Never good when part of a well functioning team gets injured, but it is probably one of the easier ones for us to cover based on squad options.

Sometimes forced rotation is good in long run, as other mentioned, a fresh Jan for run in could be a difference.

He has been outstanding especially in Alderweireld's absence when he held the defense together. Real blow for the lad because I'm sure he has enjoyed the season so far and wants to compete for the title. Is it a similar injury to Kane's ? He came back quite quickly iirc. Let's hope for a quick recovery.

Not my words

I never doubted. Just the usual
fear_4.png
mongering from a desperate media.

Really bad news, was very impressed with him up to that point on Saturday. Not just his defending but carrying the ball forward and his passing is very underrated. Think he will be even more annoyed considering the bit of poor control that got him into the position of having to stretch. I may have missed this but was swimmer not on the bench on Saturday? Or did he change to 4-4-2 when Davies came on? I was 3 rows from the back of the North Stand so it was hard to tell. My first time seeing the work on the new stadium.....it is going to be unreal!

Back