• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

If Poch wants Barkley enough to convince Levy to part with the kind of silly money it would take, that's plenty good enough for me.

We already have 6 senior players (plus Edwards and Onomah) for those 3 roles in the 4-2-3-1 behind the CF. I can't see that we need another one unless someone is being sold

We already have 6 senior players (plus Edwards and Onomah) for those 3 roles in the 4-2-3-1 behind the CF. I can't see that we need another one unless someone is being sold
Onomah and Edwards are for the future, however until recently this board was deafening for the sound of posters screaming about our lack of creativity in front of goal. But now it could well be that the fantastic way we have been playing the urgent need for another creative AM has disappeared way off the planet.

Onomah and Edwards are for the future, however until recently this board was deafening for the sound of posters screaming about our lack of creativity in front of goal. But now it could well be that the fantastic way we have been playing the urgent need for another creative AM has disappeared way off the planet.

I do think we lack creativity, however I dont thing Barkley brings what we need - we need someone like Ozil, Mahrez, payet, Silva, Hazard who can create something out of nothing. I dont think Barkley is that sort of player

I do think we lack creativity, however I dont thing Barkley brings what we need - we need someone like Ozil, Mahrez, payet, Silva, Hazard who can create something out of nothing. I dont think Barkley is that sort of player
Point is if Poch wants him that means he believes he can successfully convert him into a Ozil/Mahrez/Payet/Silva/Hazard type player. Maybe not quite as gifted as those but very talented nonetheless and Poch would only bite if he felt certain he could he can add industry and commitment to his undoubted raw talent.

Indeed, he really isn't all that. He looked amazing for his age when he burst through, like a fully developed player. Just like when Rooney appeared and was a big, handy, talented player. But he has stalled hugely.

Imagine if Man Utd signed Barkley. Or Liverpool. Or the Gooners, would you be worried they were really pushing on and improving? No.

Think of players that would improve Utd / City / Cheats / Pool / Goons. Those are the players we need, if we are to better them / stay ahead.

If we are interested in him, I would've thought that it was primarily as cover for Alli rather than Eriksen.

i don't know his game all that well but i didn't think he was known for ghosting in to the box - which seems to be Alli's main trait, i thought he was supposed to be more of a creator than a goal scorer?

i don't know his game all that well but i didn't think he was known for ghosting in to the box - which seems to be Alli's main trait, i thought he was supposed to be more of a creator than a goal scorer?

He's certainly a different player to Alli but I see his main strength being running with the ball. I cannot see him running our game like Eriksen does.

I see Barkley more as a cover for Eriksen.
If Alli was out then I would expect Son to replace him as he can run past Kane and score.

Do we think Eriksen's performances have improved recently after, the Barkley/ Isco rumours?
I think Eriksen needs some competition and indeed we need some cover in case of injury to him.

Whether the cost of Barkley/Isco merits purchase is another matter. This is the conundrum if we get someone to improve us or better than Eriksen, then they will demand to play, so that limits our scope.

If Alli was out then I would expect Son to replace him as he can run past Kane and score.

Do we think Eriksen's performances have improved recently after, the Barkley/ Isco rumours?
I think Eriksen needs some competition and indeed we need some cover in case of injury to him.

Whether the cost of Barkley/Isco merits purchase is another matter. This is the conundrum if we get someone to improve us or better than Eriksen, then they will demand to play, so that limits our scope.

I think Eriksen's performance have improved because Kane & Dele are back in form. I think Kane & Dele are back in form because Eriksen's performances have improved. I don't think media rumour-whoring have made much of a difference.

Some of you guys can not see the wood for the trees, your describing one of our players when describing Barkley's style and its not Alli or Eriksen, a certain ball carrying midfielder is 29/30 years old and struggles to play two games in a week. Rhymes with Sembele?

That's where I see Barkley if signed, but I think what I have seen of Winks, he could do this job so a little unsure

Eriksen was poor because the whole midfield was tweaked and they were all getting used to it. Now they are all settled and fit it's purring along.
I see it as Poch's style, evolution every close season. Build a team, a system and a style over 4 to 5 years. Not the yo yo some clubs are.

There have been signs that Barkley is maturing. (as in passing nice balls to teammates:)). He would provide cover for the 3 (or 2 now) behind positions. Plus as the previous poster said, a replacement for Dembele is possible.

Poch does like a physical player, and Barkley is certainly that.

A stumbling block is we're £30m deep with sissoko...If we weren't then I'd rather Barkley have a chance of the Poch magic than Sissoko.

I like Barkley and Stones and think with the right handling they could be top international players, they are both vastly overpriced due to the ridiculous premium asked for domestic players. He would be a good player for us but not at the sort of money Everton would want. Stones will be a much better player when he plays with a decent experienced partner rather than the jokers City have played him with. When he joined he probably thought he would be playing with Kompany.

Back