• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He was brilliant yesterday and ( once again) run the game for us. If it was not for Kane scoring a hat trick he would have walked away with the MOM award.

In his last 10 appearances he has scored five goals and got nine assists. He is now level with De Bruyne as the top assister in the league, having finished second last season.

The guy is in absolutely brilliant form, another one flourishing from the formation change. First name on the team sheet at the moment.

Hmm, no crunching tackles though and he's soft in the air.

When you're your team's best player but then you read that Gutterboy wants you sold

960.jpg

Love Eriksen, was very critical of him earlier in the season as I didn't think he was offering enough creatively but he's arugably going through his best spell at the club form wise since he joined (maybe Poch's 1st season when he popped up with a few late goals consecutively equals it?).

His overall game is sublime right now, he looks like scoring even when he doesn't actually score in games, he's shooting more often and most crucially, creating chances for fun.

Love Eriksen, was very critical of him earlier in the season as I didn't think he was offering enough creatively but he's arugably going through his best spell at the club form wise since he joined (maybe Poch's 1st season when he popped up with a few late goals consecutively equals it?).

His overall game is sublime right now, he looks like scoring even when he doesn't actually score in games, he's shooting more often and most crucially, creating chances for fun.

His stats since he joined are second to none

He showed you that you are wrong against West Brom. That level of performance would have found a place in any side in Europe. The question is, can he do that week in week out? If he does that every week for the rest of the season, then we will be fighting to hold onto him in the summer.

Thats the thing, i hope he can carry on the way he is playing but thats what sets the top drawer players apart from others. Consistency

My sentiments exactly

We did lack creativity on Sunday, nothing in my posts suggests I think otherwise. What I was saying, quite clearly I thought, is that the team didn't play well as a unit and in those circumstances Eriksen rarely makes the difference - as he is usually at his best when the team is on form. The team wasn't on form on Sunday so there's nothing to suggest Eriksen would have made the difference.

For reference see the first 10 games or so this season compared to the last run of games.

Kind of agree. I'd say that applies to the last 18 months or so. Although I felt he did carry us for large chunks of the 2014/15 season with his goals.

dont know if some realise this that contributes to their perception of eriksen

eriksen had been playing well the entire season he just wasnt delivering in the key statistical numbers. so what has changed?

i personally feel that lamela's injury and eriksen playing in a more advanced role off the channel free roaming into the number 10 position has done it for him. now he gets to add that extra bit of final third wizadry on more consistent bases

dont know if some realise this that contributes to their perception of eriksen

eriksen had been playing well the entire season he just wasnt delivering in the key statistical numbers. so what has changed?

i personally feel that lamela's injury and eriksen playing in a more advanced role off the channel free roaming into the number 10 position has done it for him. now he gets to add that extra bit of final third wizadry on more consistent bases

I disagree. He wasn't scoring or creating anywhere near as freely as he is now. The new formation has benefited him and the rest of the team. He was a passenger in a lot of the games. Him and Lamela were not far from being benched IMO.

I disagree. He wasn't scoring or creating anywhere near as freely as he is now. The new formation has benefited him and the rest of the team. He was a passenger in a lot of the games. Him and Lamela were not far from being benched IMO.

Can not agree with that at all, he was not at his best earlier this season but most of our players were not.

That comment is a such a travesty I cannot let it go by. Erikson may have played poorly but he has never been a passenger, he contributes so much more than meets the eye even when below form.

For sure he had a sustained spell of poor, sometimes even wretched form earlier in the season. His free kicks and corners were generally poor, his passing was off and in his worst moments - when carrying an injury - he was sometimes seen to shy away from physical challenges. But never did he hide, never was he a passenger. In those situations when was evading direct physical challenges he would still attempt to win possession through chasing, harrying and/or cleverly positioning himself to outwit his opponent.

I can only surmise your comment is based on output rather than overall effort or commitment.

Back