• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Graham Taylor

Lovely guy and a really good manager, unlike the press and popular opinion I actually saw us as robbed from 1994 world cup with some terrible ref'in decisions against the dutch

I though he was a prat as a manager, met him once and he told me he was a bit of a Tottenham fan, you'd never believe it from the football his teams played.

I though he was a prat as a manager, met him once and he told me he was a bit of a Tottenham fan, you'd never believe it from the football his teams played.

What he did with Watford was unreal, football will always credit the cup winning managers but that Watford journey was every bit as good as winning the CL in footballing achievements. I truly believe that

What he did with Watford was unreal, football will always credit the cup winning managers but that Watford journey was every bit as good as winning the CL in footballing achievements. I truly believe that

Well, he did have Barnes at his best...

Those sides of Villa and Watford were great to watch. And not that dissimilar to what Klopp does.

I met him once. Charming and intelligent man. He said the problem with British footballers were that, on the whole, they were stupid in comparison to the continental players. You can't train them. If he had had any intelligent players he would have won everything... (his tongue firmly in cheek).

Grew up in Watford so was aware of Graham Taylor from his early meteoric rise through the divisions with Watford as I saw them play quite a lot. He was enthusiastic, and it is too simplistic to say he only played a long ball game. I too think he was unfortunate to get beten by some appalling refereeing decisions in the play off vs the Dutch in '93. Koeman shouldn't have been on the pitch to score the winner!

Just heard the news. All I can say is

'Do i not like that'

RIP Graham, a case of what if, had we not been nobbled against Holland

I wouldn't say he didn't achieve great things with limited resources at Watford but the same could be said of Dave Bassett at Wimbledon, it was the style of play I did not like. As you say was a very nice man and pleased to talk about football with a fan.

Bit of a shock to read this, RIP.

Still remember him subbing Lineker off in his final international for Alan Fooking Smith. We were robbed against the Dutch, mind.

Bit of a shock to read this, RIP.

Still remember him subbing Lineker off in his final international for Alan Fooking Smith. We were robbed against the Dutch, mind.
I remember that too.... he really appeared to have lost the plot at that point! Alan Smith for Lineker... unbelieveable!

Well, he did have Barnes at his best...

Those sides of Villa and Watford were great to watch. And not that dissimilar to what Klopp does.

I met him once. Charming and intelligent man. He said the problem with British footballers were that, on the whole, they were stupid in comparison to the continental players. You can't train them. If he had had any intelligent players he would have won everything... (his tongue firmly in cheek).
I have to agree on the subject of English footballers.

Was before my time, but by all accounts he was a good man and the nicest fella you could hope to meet. Rest in peace, Mr.Taylor.

I remember his Villa side in 1989/90 being good. They didn't push Liverpool that hard in the end, but were a level above us in 3rd.

Paul McGrath, Tony Daley, David Platt, Tony Cascarino, Dwight Yorke etc.

Sadly he'll always be remembered for his tough times with England. BUT his club record stands up there with anyone.

Didn't play the best looking football but always wanted the best FOR football....be it club, country, or player. RIP

Back