• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC vs west brom

West Brom have been our party poopers since I was a lad. Well remember last game of 60/61 season where a win or draw would give us record points tally for champions and we lost 1-2. I feel it will be the normal 9/10 men behind the ball display with lots of physical contact from WBA, but the Chelsea game has given me a lot of confidence and I think we win.

Confident we'll win this by at least 2 clear goals; i think we are growing in terms of our patience in games and Poch's in-game management is getting a bit sharper.

I predict 3-1: Kane, Eriksen and Dembele, Matt Phillips for them

COYS

Cannot stand West Brom. Never been good enough to warrant any real attention, never had any exciting players worth watching but always seem to take points off us and manage to finish 13th. Since February 2013 when Goran Popov inexplicably spat at one of our players and got sent off with the scores at 0-0, we've only won one of our last seven games against them which is ridiculous.

Spurs 7-3 West Brom. Berahino hat-trick overturned out by a second half Spurs onslaught after Chadli gets sent off for clotheslining Rose with his rooster.

Utter brick omt, you got all the spelling and the date right!! clown shoe.

Any way due to this utter turd of a omt nill 4 to the other team :confused:

Be interesting to see the tactics here

- Do they try to double up on Dele or Kane? how much space will Eriksen get?
- Or do they just sit back and try to close the space?

Dele's form really makes it hard for opposition to try and shut down our key players, too many players to double up on.

They will park the bus, so we need to go attacking for this one. Rest a few defensive players (from the bench where possible too). Wimmer over Verts for aerial reasons.

-----------------Lloris

Trippier---Alder----Wimmer---Davies

-----------Winks-----Dier

--Son--------Alli---------Eriksen

-------------Kane

Subs: Vorm, Verts, Dembele, GKN, Onomah, Sissoko, Janssen
, haven't been on here for a while and you are still posting stuff like this for a reaction? If you really think this is going to be the starting line up then I give up!

West Brom have been our party poopers since I was a lad. Well remember last game of 60/61 season where a win or draw would give us record points tally for champions and we lost 1-2. I feel it will be the normal 9/10 men behind the ball display with lots of physical contact from WBA, but the Chelsea game has given me a lot of confidence and I think we win.

I agree they have all too often been our Bete Noir. I particularly remember the last game of the season when Martin Fullop gifted L'Arse the three points to secure them ECL instead of us. That one still grates.

I agree they have all too often been our Bete Noir. I particularly remember the last game of the season when Martin Fullop gifted L'Arse the three points to secure them ECL instead of us. That one still grates.

I thought...no, I was *sure* that game was fixed between Arsenal and West Brom for the longest time. It was so ludicrous the way Fulop single-handedly went out and *gave* that game to Arsenal.

Turns out the guy had a tumor in his arm which had to be operated on later that year. He lost his fight with that cancer last season. Poor guy.

But yeah, f*ck West Brom.

I'm 100% sure that game was fixed. Steve Wonder would have done better than Fulop that day. It's impossible to be that bad, unless you you're being paid to do it.

I think we'll smash them to pieces. We'll come flying out of the gates and be 1-0 up within 5 mins and 3-0 at the break.

Nervous about this one. Old Spurs would typically lose this game after the great win against Chelsea and West Brom have been a bogey side for us over the last few years.

This side though has greater resilience and with Ericson, Alli and Kane now hitting their best form, hopeful that we will win by a single goal either 1-0 or 2-1. Might be the right game to return to a back 4 though.

West Bromwich Albion are perhaps the quietest success story in the Premier League this season. Six wins in their last 10 games have taken them from towards the iffy end of the table at the end of October, to eighth and sitting relatively pretty now. But they’re still 10 points behind Manchester United in sixth and 12 back from Arsenal in fifth, so a run at the European places seems rather unlikely, and that’s at least partly down to their record against the better teams in the division. The draw against Tottenham Hotspur earlier in the season is the only time they’ve taken a point from anyone currently above them in the table, which, given their relative resources, is not a huge surprise. Given their decent record against Tottenham (Spurs have only beaten them once in the past three years), if they are to progress beyond where they currently are, they could do with adding a few scalps to go with victories against those in the bottom half of the table.

I guess, typically we would have got in our 'big lads' for a game vs Pulis, at least at the back.

My question: would anybody be tempted to play Wimmer in place of Vertonghen for that reason alone? (Wimmer to me seems more robust in the air, but then perhaps not as spatially aware as Vertonghen?)
Or do we concentrate more on having the players to zip the ball about quickly in the midfield and final third parts of the pitch?

I guess, typically we would have got in our 'big lads' for a game vs Pulis, at least at the back.

My question: would anybody be tempted to play Wimmer in place of Vertonghen for that reason alone? (Wimmer to me seems more robust in the air, but then perhaps not as spatially aware as Vertonghen?)
Or do we concentrate more on having the players to zip the ball about quickly in the midfield and final third parts of the pitch?
More important to have Verts' passing and dribbling than Wimmer's power. Hopefully. I feel we must go with 2 at the back (Toby and Vert) that can pass, and get everyone else to focus on attacking, bar the DM who will be Dier or Wanny. Everyone else should really commit to attacking and creating chaos from minute 1, not minute 83

More important to have Verts' passing and dribbling than Wimmer's power. Hopefully. I feel we must go with 2 at the back (Toby and Vert) that can pass, and get everyone else to focus on attacking, bar the DM who will be Dier or Wanny. Everyone else should really commit to attacking and creating chaos from minute 1, not minute 83

Interesting, i guess many will feel similar.

However, i worry we may underestimate West Brom's attacking ability a little. They of course are still monsters from set-pieces, but they seem to have added more speed on the break and i think we underestimate Rondon, Chadli and especially Phillips abilities in this regard at our peril.

Still think we'll beat them 3-1 but we'll need to be smart and not too gung-ho to do that.

Would you trust Verts to handle their set-pieces better than Wimmer?

See if you can re visit that Arse match. Fulop hooks one into his own net and then races out of his area and partially bends down with one hand to just let the Arse forward run by him. A fix for sure. Grobelaar would have been proud.

Back