• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. CSKA Moscow***

Im not one for i want to win something as you dont get anything for 4th, as thats not where football or the players we want to attract think.
We are not above the Europa League, Sevilla can say that as they are winners for last 3 years, and judging by their performance in the champions league its done them no harm.

Its logical

We are awful at Wembley because we are "not used to it" well we need games to get used to it for next year. Don't think that's the reason. We're not usually that bad away from home.
We are currently second favourites to win the Europa League behind Utd. We are absolutely not. http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/our-poor-european-form.8754/
We probably don't have to go away to Moldova on a Thursday as we are past that stage. Still plenty of teams from far corners of Eastern Europe to play, FC Rostov just dropped into the Europa
We don't need to worry about the competition until Feb so as said before we dont have to make a decision on who to play until then. But we do have a six pointer against a rival this weekend
We need a run of results until the chavs visit. Of course we do. So we need our strongest team fit and ready for it
We have lower league opposition in the FA Cup Another prime opportunity to rotate
We have a 10 Day rest from 18th - 28th so can play strongest team for next 4 games Hadn't noticed that, interesting...

9 Games to win it - no sevilla, no dortmund, nobody who over 2 legs we shouldnt put away if we wanted to. Grave underestimation of how good we are relative to European opposition. We've just been dingdonged on by Leverkusen and Monaco and don't forget the likes of Benfica, Besiktas, Fiorentina and Basel.

Your username is appropriate. My answers in bold.

If the likes of N'Koudou, Sissoko and Winks aren't good enough to beat opposition like tonight then why are they here? Might as well put them to the test and give them a chance to prove their worth to the club.

Idiotic if he did. Can't imagine that is the case.
According to the evening standard :

Asked whether the Europa League might offer a more comfortable path, Pochettino said: “It is true, it is a shorter way to get to the Champions League and one more possibility for us to do so.

“We need to think of it as a good opportunity to win a trophy. I don’t know why we would think about it in any other way, or in a negative way. We need to be positive.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If we rotated against Monaco, I'd imagine we'll rotate against CSKA too.

----------------Lloris---------
Trip--Vertonghen--Wimmer--Rose
-------Winks--------Dier--
Nkoudou----Sissoko----Onomah
--------------Kane---------------

I've cried off and am feeling pretty guilty - even though I was coughing merrily all afternoon and up to the station

On a positive note, I hope to be able to share with you a number of my favourites as the evening wears on.

The only way I personally think we'd benefit from going into the Europa is if we played our second string most games.

Good thing about playing some first teamers today is that ManU will probably play some of theirs tomorrow night

Tottenham: Lloris (C); Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose; Winks, Wanyama; Eriksen, Dele, Son; Kane

Lloris (C)
Walker - Dier - Vertonghen - Rose
Winks - Wanyama
Eriksen - Dele - Son
Kane​

Subs:
Vorm
Alderweireld
Wimmer
Dembele
Sissoko
Nkoudou
Onomah​

The team is actually stronger than in some previous games (when we had chances to qualify :D)

CSKA will play without Fernandes (FB) and Vernbloom (DM), their 2 best players.

Akinfeev, Shennikov, Berezutskii (x2), Nababkin (lol), Golovin, Natho, Dzagoev, Milanov, Tosic, Traore.

Last edited:
Playing a stronger team in a Europe League qualifier at home than he away in the last 16 of the Europa last season.

This is all about Wembley and nothing else.

Its ridiculous.

Next round of the Europa it will be back to Trippier, Wimmer, Davies, Omomah, Janssen, Carroll and Sissoko.

If he plays this strong team in every round we could win it. But he won't he'll go back to second string and we'll struggle.

Playing a stronger team in a Europe League qualifier at home than he away in the last 16 of the Europa last season.

This is all about Wembley and nothing else.

Its ridiculous.

Next round of the Europa it will be back to Trippier, Wimmer, Davies, Omomah, Janssen, Carroll and Sissoko.

If he plays this strong team in every round we could win it. But he won't he'll go back to second string and we'll struggle.
Poch out?

The team is actually stronger than in some previous games (when we had chances to qualify :D)

CSKA will play without Fernandes (FB) and Vernbloom (DM), their 2 best players.

Akinfeev, Shennikov, Berezutskii (x2), Nababkin (lol), Golovin, Natho, Dzagoev, Milanov, Tosic, Traore.

Which one was the guy who was everywhere at CSKAs ground? Defensive midfielder and was really impressive

Back