• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Needs to be careful with his diving. Not the first time he's done it either. I'm passed the point of being outraged by diving as everyone does it, I'm more worried about him picking up bookings/suspensions as a result of it and as mentioned in other threads, refs will get wise to it like they did with Bale and deny us penalties when we do actually deserve them.

I'll probably get slated for this, but in real-time yesterday I thought it was a penalty. It happened right in front of me and I saw Ali get clipped by Naughton. Yes, he then accentuated the fall, and it was a bit soft, but in real time I saw contact leading to Ali falling and losing the chance to reach the ball. Having watched replays today it"s clear he did leave a trailing leg to draw the foul. If he hadn't thrown himself forward would it have been more clear cut as a foul? At the time, it felt like one of those that could have been called either way (and Jon Moss clearly needed input from his linesman who was even further away, before calling it). Against West Ham Son left a leg in as he turned and drew the foul, and won a penalty, difference being he didn't need to throw himself down.
In fairness I'd have thought the pen harsh if given against us, but I'm not sure Ali deserves all the slating he is getting for this particular instance.
There were other occasions in yesterday's game, and others previously, where he does seem to have developed a penchant for going to ground too easily, which he really doesn't need to, as he has the skill and strength to get himself past most challenges. Hopefully Poch and crew can work through this aspect of his game with him before it becomes, rightly or wrongly, a liability.

I'll probably get slated for this, but in real-time yesterday I thought it was a penalty. It happened right in front of me and I saw Ali get clipped by Naughton. Yes, he then accentuated the fall, and it was a bit soft, but in real time I saw contact leading to Ali falling and losing the chance to reach the ball. Having watched replays today it"s clear he did leave a trailing leg to draw the foul. If he hadn't thrown himself forward would it have been more clear cut as a foul? At the time, it felt like one of those that could have been called either way (and Jon Moss clearly needed input from his linesman who was even further away, before calling it). Against West Ham Son left a leg in as he turned and drew the foul, and won a penalty, difference being he didn't need to throw himself down.
In fairness I'd have thought the pen harsh if given against us, but I'm not sure Ali deserves all the slating he is getting for this particular instance.
There were other occasions in yesterday's game, and others previously, where he does seem to have developed a penchant for going to ground too easily, which he really doesn't need to, as he has the skill and strength to get himself past most challenges. Hopefully Poch and crew can work through this aspect of his game with him before it becomes, rightly or wrongly, a liability.

It looked to be me like there was no contact what so ever. Just a straight dive. If you look at the third replay, the one from behind Flappianski's goal, it doesn't look like there's any contact.

I'm in the PL lower and it was stonewall to me in real time

Clearly it wasn't but he isn't unique in doing this unfortunately

It looked to be me like there was no contact what so ever. Just a straight dive. If you look at the third replay, the one from behind Flappianski's goal, it doesn't look like there's any contact.
It was contact, but it was Dele kicking into Naughton, not the other way around. It's cheating. That said, Vardy does that in every single game, and it never even gets a mention.

Poch being Argentinean he just might have helped him perfect it. :p

Look, i love Dele as he is a kid with muchos talent and the world at his feet, and appears a great kid off the pitch.......and he plays for us

BUT he is in quite a unique group in Cu.ntishness. The reason i say this is he does it on both sides of the ball.

Lets face it he is a bit of a diver, looking to con the ref, bordering on cheating to gain something substantial.

And sadly he does the other side as well, sly digs, little kick outs (generally when someone has dare get the better of him), unnecessary altercations (eg throw-ins)...general petulance.

As i say i love him (as long as this doesnt start costing us in some way)......but i would hate him if he played for anyone else.

Look, i love Dele as he is a kid with muchos talent and the world at his feet, and appears a great kid off the pitch.......and he plays for us

BUT he is in quite a unique group in Cu.ntishness. The reason i say this is he does it on both sides of the ball.

Lets face it he is a bit of a diver, looking to con the ref, bordering on cheating to gain something substantial.

And sadly he does the other side as well, sly digs, little kick outs (generally when someone has dare get the better of him), unnecessary altercations (eg throw-ins)...general petulance.

As i say i love him (as long as this doesnt start costing us in some way)......but i would hate him if he played for anyone else.
It's all a bit Diego Costa really. It's about a will to win that many great players have. Very few are gentlemen in sporting terms.

Needs to be careful with his diving. Not the first time he's done it either. I'm passed the point of being outraged by diving as everyone does it, I'm more worried about him picking up bookings/suspensions as a result of it and as mentioned in other threads, refs will get wise to it like they did with Bale and deny us penalties when we do actually deserve them.

Bale used to dive a lot and what was most annoying is that a lot of Spurs fans would fail to acknowledge that he did and made excuses for him. Thankfully there seems to be no sign of that with Alli, he does dive and he will have to sort that out or he will not get decisions he deserves on occasions.

I don't like the diving but the other side I can live with as long as it doesn't cross the line and ultimately cost us.

Two wrongs ...

Is he a Chinese player ??

Dont always make a goal but sometimes they get you 3 points

Vardy gets plaudits for the way he goes down but it's still cheating

If we were In a Squeaky clean sports I'd agree with you but the sport I'd full of plays trying everything To gain an advantage

Back