• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Problem sissoko ha sis what will he/does he bring to the team?

he certainly doesn't look very quick or powerful - things I thought he had in his locker

He hasn't scored or assisted in over a season

I honestly thought he would be a powerhouse central mid for us which is where he played a few season ago and battered us form there

He certainly isn't a right winger from what I've seen with us

Felt sorry for him as the crowd were on his back right from the start - even though I thought he started ok before fading (price tag and supposed attitude has definitely made him a focus for scepticsm). Erisken gave him so many hospital/rubbish passes that he was on to a hiding a few times.

End of the day his job is to add power, running and directness to our midfield. At the moment out playmakers erisken and LAmela are not playing well and we are suffering badly as an attacking force. If they start to perform then the likes of son and sissoko will look better again. I still think bolaise or zaha would have been much better signings but I am willing to give this guy a chance - he was excellent v city

Problem sissoko ha sis what will he/does he bring to the team?

he certainly doesn't look very quick or powerful - things I thought he had in his locker

He hasn't scored or assisted in over a season

I honestly thought he would be a powerhouse central mid for us which is where he played a few season ago and battered us form there

He certainly isn't a right winger from what I've seen with us

Pretty sure he had 7 assists and 2 goals last year -

End of the day his job is to add power, running and directness to our midfield. At the moment out playmakers erisken and LAmela are not playing well and we are suffering badly as an attacking force. If they start to perform then the likes of son and sissoko will look better again. I still think bolaise or zaha would have been much better signings but I am willing to give this guy a chance - he was excellent v city

On his day this is what he offers.The big problem is why did we pay 30 mill for this. There are plenty of players lower down the league's or even in Europe who offer simple power, directness and running ability but who wouldn't cost anywhere near 30 mill.

Sissoko is what he is, this is nothing against him. However it is somebodys fault that the decision was taken to pay so much money for him. It was reckless, foolish and a disgraceful waste of money at a home when the club is trying to be so careful with finances with the new stadium being built.

Poor poor poor all round. We didn't need to spend so much on such a limited player. Poch and Levy have got it wrong in this case.

The price tag is a huge issue for him and the crowd were on his back from the start last night - its impossible to tell but I believe that if he was a £10m player then the crowd wouldnt have had a problem with him.

Regarding his price tag, there were a lot of rumours after he signed that the deal wasnt £30m straight but £6m for each year he was with us, up to £30m. Sounded like a very odd deal however if there are indeed nuances around the price tag like this (or even just how much of the £30m isnt tied to performances etc) then it would help him hugely if the club leaked that in order to relieve the pressure on him.

In terms of what he adds, I thought we lacked pace and power in attacking areas last year - Eriksen and Lamela arent that quick, and neither of them nor Son are powerful. And none of those three, nor Janssen, Kane and to a large extent Dele as well take their man on much. So in theory he adds exactly what we were missing, however he does look cumbersome, clumsy and unelegant when he runs, and I haven't been blown away by his ball skills

The fact is that Wanyama, Sissoko, Nkodou and Janssen were supposed to be upgrades on the likes of Mason, Chadli et al, but at the moment we seem to be grading down.

I cannot express eloquently enough as to the stupiderty of Sissoko coming to Spurs.
Mason was no worse, Townsend likewise and getting rid of Chadli is now looking laughable.

Who sanctioned all this?

Wanyama has been great
Janssen and Nkodou were brought as young back ups
Sissoko.. no comment

We needed at least one front line striker or two back ups not a signal backup.......Is not fair on 'young' vincent IMHO

Im fuming with the current situation re recruitment

The price tag is a huge issue for him and the crowd were on his back from the start last night - its impossible to tell but I believe that if he was a £10m player then the crowd wouldnt have had a problem with him.

Regarding his price tag, there were a lot of rumours after he signed that the deal wasnt £30m straight but £6m for each year he was with us, up to £30m. Sounded like a very odd deal however if there are indeed nuances around the price tag like this (or even just how much of the £30m isnt tied to performances etc) then it would help him hugely if the club leaked that in order to relieve the pressure on him.

In terms of what he adds, I thought we lacked pace and power in attacking areas last year - Eriksen and Lamela arent that quick, and neither of them nor Son are powerful. And none of those three, nor Janssen, Kane and to a large extent Dele as well take their man on much. So in theory he adds exactly what we were missing, however he does look cumbersome, clumsy and unelegant when he runs, and I haven't been blown away by his ball skills

I don't think the fans' opinion of a player is dictated by the price we paid for them, their opinion of them as a signing yes but I think most are sensible enough to separate the two. For me, Sissoko is a poor player whether he cost £5m or £30m, at £5m he'd have been an OK signing(I don't think he's really any better than Yedlin who we sent the other way for that amount) and for £30m well I don't have the vocabulary to describe what kind of signing I think he is. Onomah cost nothing but he's attracted a lot of criticism from fans so I don't agree with the logic that fans are only on Sissoko's back because of the fee we paid for him - by the way it's a standard instalment payment, we can't just flog him after a year and only pay Saudi Sportswashing Machine £6m(they get their £30m regardless).

I cannot express eloquently enough as to the stupiderty of Sissoko coming to Spurs.
Mason was no worse, Townsend likewise and getting rid of Chadli is now looking laughable.

Who sanctioned all this?

Poch of course. He is the manager and has total control now. No DoF to blame

I am going to give Sissoko more than a few games to judge, was he bad last night, oh yes he was but I also saw a player in the European final who was France best player, so its in there.

Lets see

Poch of course. He is the manager and has total control now. No DoF to blame

I thought we had put all the recruitment issues behind us.
I wonder if the players are as unhappy as the fans are with the newer arrivals from both ability and temperament standpoints. It might explain some of their indifferent performances.

AVB likes his teams to keep the ball - Sissoko would definitely not be a good fit.

58.5% pass completion according to Whoscored - that would be low in a Pulis team.

Cant we just lie or say what Saudi Sportswashing Machine said to us?

"He was France's best player in the Euros, that's it £30m is cheap at half the price"......kerching!

Back