• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

There have been allegations about Allardyce more recently. Both the Panorama undercover filming and the talk of pushing players into using his agent at West Ham happened in the last ten years.

absolutely, not questioning that at all

he's been working the angle his entire career, like every other manager and agent of his generation

they've all had more envelopes than a Rodgers team meeting

What the FA do need to do is carry out a thorough investigation into third party ownership and not use the noise about the next manager as cover for inaction.

Allardyce should be required to cooperate and name the agents who he said could help circumvent the rules.

What the FA do need to do is carry out a thorough investigation into third party ownership and not use the noise about the next manager as cover for inaction.

Allardyce should be required to cooperate and name the agents who he said could help circumvent the rules.

yep

they have those names already, but they call it an agent license list

Well done the Telegraph... England back in the brickter again. They must be so proud. Good luck to them getting any football stories ever again.

The cynical in me thinks they already have a replacement, got rid of him too quick for me.

Will have saved England 2 wasted years (McClown II) and damage done to Spurs players involved in the setup (exposure to bad habits/mentality), if it means we now bring in a progressive coach like Hoddle or Howe.

Last edited:
Will have save us 2 wasted years (McClown II) and damage done to Spurs players involved in the setup (exposure to bad habits/mentality), if it means we now bring in a progressive coach like Hoddle or Howe.

LOL. They might have different ideas tactically, but they are not more progressive. Allardyce is arrogant and greedy, but he knows what he's doing as a coach.

Each to their own; i actually think Big Sam was the right man at the right time. Simple football, simple tactics. I can see why he went but he was set up by a national newspaper and for me it unforgivable.

There would have been nothing to set up if he wasn't a dodgy brown paper bag type in the first place.

Absolute hogwash of the highest order, you just can't go around setting people up. What a world we live in....ffs.

It is a newspaper sting. They have been going on for decades and are fair game. Other managers are meant to have walked out of the meeting when the offer was made. If Allardyce had done the same, he would still be England manager.

it's not difficult, Ian Ritchie (RFU Chief Exec) confirmed today that their contract with Eddie Jones essentially forces him to put all external employment requests through the RFU for approval. not just after the initial consultation as Sam mentioned here, but before any of this would have happened in the first place. "can you talk to us about this exciting opportunity?"..... "no, sorry, I'm getting paid £3m per year and I have an exclusive contract, you can talk to my employer". I know very well that as you get paid more you spend more and your expectations increase accordingly, but this is basically just greed and naivety from people who should know better, on both sides.

I was hopeful with Sam, but his naivety and willingness to enrich himself on the back of his "dream job" just confirmed what has been speculated for many years.... that he's willing to put personal gain above professional conduct. Clearly it's more important to him to enrich himself than to actually work to improve the quality of the team. England may have been his dream job but without evidence to the contrary we can only assume that the "dream" was that from the pinnacle of English football he could enrich himself more than was possible at relegation threatened PL clubs

I was sincerely hoping that tonight I would be celebrating a great victory for Spurs in Europe, but now I'm forced (I tried not to, but just couldn't help it) to bitch and moan about a t.w.a.t. who couldn't keep his fingers out of the till.

It is a newspaper sting. They have been going on for decades and are fair game. Other managers are meant to have walked out of the meeting when the offer was made. If Allardyce had done the same, he would still be England manager.

What was once a quality newspaper has today reached new lows, they have become as bad as the People (newspaper). I for one won't read it any longer. Just because it has been going on for ages makes it acceptable?

So much for quality journalism.

If someone offered me enough money to divulge secrets about my company and works colleagues I'm sure i would spill. Anyone who says they wouldn't i don't believe. A mistake on Big Sams part, absolutely. Has he done dubious things before? No doubt but the FA knew this given the Panorama allegations.

The FA have made a big rod for their own back here. There are very few managers who are capable of the job and who would take it who are as clean as a whistle. Why would they want it now anyway if this is the way they get treated to which many on here deem acceptable.

By definition the next man for the job can't be Harry, or Glen. Where do we go from here?

This. Can anyone imagine someone like Poch getting caught up in something like this? Exactly.

What was once a quality newspaper has today reached new lows, they have become as bad as the People (newspaper). I for one won't read it any longer. Just because it has been going on for ages makes it acceptable?

So much for quality journalism.

If someone offered me enough money to divulge secrets about my company and works colleagues I'm sure i would spill. Anyone who says they wouldn't i don't believe. A mistake on Big Sams part, absolutely. Has he done dubious things before? No doubt but the FA knew this given the Panorama allegations.

The FA have made a big rod for their own back here. There are very few managers who are capable of the job and who would take it who are as clean as a whistle. Why would they want it now anyway if this is the way they get treated to which many on here deem acceptable.

By definition the next man for the job can't be Harry, or Glen. Where do we go from here?

And presumably you would be sacked as well?

And presumably you would be sacked as well?

obviously Big Sam isn't liked and his character has gone against him in this instance but the newspaper has gone beyond acceptable imho. I wonder what the reaction would be like if it was Wenger, Poch or Klopp who were the subject of this. My point is if you offer enough money nearly anyone can be turned. In this instance 400k was enough for Sam to be interested.

Spurs fans were all very anti the press etc when it was one of our own in Harry Redknapp, who was subject to this appalling practice. We knew he had cheated the HMRC but as we were flying at the time it was acceptable.

I wouldn't for just 1/7th of my yearly wage. Especially if I was on 3 million.

Hoddle was to do with unpaletable religious beliefs, not sleaze/corruption. I think that's a bit of a distinction.

no, no... this is where i think you are wrong. I think the FA got rid of Sam mainly due to the his views and comments he made about others. It was probably far less about the money element. He has made them look right clams by taking this tinkle out of Woy, Prince Harry/William, his views on the FA making money.

The FA can't have it both ways... either you are allowed to air your views or you are not. The subject shouldn't matter.

Back