• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I think from the little I've seen of him, his link up play seems excellent. Hope to see others thrive playing off Janssen. He has clearly shown he is a goal scorer too in his career so far. Looking forward to seeing him, let's get behind him

Bang on (not) about Stambouli as we sold him for £6 million, so just the £1.3 million profit there.

If I measured transfers by how much of a profit we made on them, I'd be the happiest man alive, because we almost always do make a profit on the guys we buy. Unfortunately, I tend to judge their worth by how closely they resemble what the manager seems to be looking for, not how much of a profit they can later be sold on for. :p Still, tangential to the topic of Janssen (for now), so perhaps we shouldn't proceed down these rails again.

If I measured transfers by how much of a profit we made on them, I'd be the happiest man alive, because we almost always do make a profit on the guys we buy. Unfortunately, I tend to judge their worth by how closely they resemble what the manager seems to be looking for, not how much of a profit they can later be sold on for. :p Still, tangential to the topic of Janssen (for now), so perhaps we shouldn't proceed down these rails again.
Leave Wheelchair out of it too!;)

And that is the problem with some fans, they see a young player from another country play in a far more harder league and after seeing him for very little playing time throw doubts on his ability. As i say some fans make you laugh.

I only hope that this level of thought is consistently applied to other players. So far Vincent's technique needs work to get to a level to succeed in the EPL. Is he bought as a youth prospect or as a player needed now?

Bang on (not) about Stambouli as we sold him for £6 million, so just the £1.3 million profit there.

So what you mean is that we should justify the players performance today, based on what we will get for them in a few years time? Strange

I only hope that this level of thought is consistently applied to other players. So far Vincent's technique needs work to get to a level to succeed in the EPL. Is he bought as a youth prospect or as a player needed now?

He's 22. He's early been signed as a first team squad player but I am also sure that we have signed him with a view to him developing further.

Countless players have said that it took them a while to adjust to the pace of the PL. I don't understand why people are so quick to judge players during this period.

What is this technique that you have an issue with???

He has played about 180 minutes of competitive football for us a no games as a starter

He has had about 10 shot maybe and he has had some passes to deal with and also help create...

I can't fathom out how you Judge someone's technique in very short cameos

Are people writing him off already, hopefully get a goal tonight to get him going. Imagine how our current fan base would have reacted after Lineker 5th game with no goals!!

What is this technique that you have an issue with???

He has played about 180 minutes of competitive football for us a no games as a starter

He has had about 10 shot maybe and he has had some passes to deal with and also help create...

I can't fathom out how you Judge someone's technique in very short cameos

You do not need to be a starter for someone to observe your technique. If you dont understand what technique on a pitch means then I am not so sure you should be asking me how I can judge it!! I come from a very different football culture and in that culture we can tell after 20 - 40 mins how poor someone's technique is.

He's 22. He's early been signed as a first team squad player but I am also sure that we have signed him with a view to him developing further.

Countless players have said that it took them a while to adjust to the pace of the PL. I don't understand why people are so quick to judge players during this period.

I agree that he will improve and he needs time to improve. However I expect more from a Dutch first choice international.

You do not need to be a starter for someone to observe your technique. If you dont understand what technique on a pitch means then I am not so sure you should be asking me how I can judge it!! I come from a very different football culture and in that culture we can tell after 20 - 40 mins how poor someone's technique is.

What football culture is that?

Nervousness can definately affect your technique for example and we can't fault someone for being a bit nervous. But sure, he's no Berbatov.

I agree that he will improve and he needs time to improve. However I expect more from a Dutch first choice international.

Better players than Janssen have had slow starts to PL careers and come really good.

If you expected him to come in and hit the ground running, I would suggest that it is your expectation that is the awry rather than Janssen's form.

Absolute gonad*s

You need to see the guy play for a start - not 10 minute spells at the end of games

I remember two world class players not starting well and having idiots critique them... Thierry Henry and Dennis Berkamp!!!

I understand technique very well. I've played to a decent standard, done a bit of coaching and been going to the football since I was 4!!!

I condo makek generalised comments like yourself about football culture based on your name but I won't ... But don't try to judge my knowledge without asking first.

And to make it relevant is Lamella a Poor player??? Reason I bring him up is he because he looked poor to start with and now looks like a top player

I don't get this criticism of Jansen's technique. He looked fine in the flesh against Monaco to me... he could control the ball well, kept it close to his body and shielded it well from defenders with his back to goal, holding it up well. He made good runs and didn't seem slow... what have I missed that suggests he needs work on his technique to succeed in the Premier League?

I don't get this criticism of Jansen's technique. He looked fine in the flesh against Monaco to me... he could control the ball well, kept it close to his body and shielded it well from defenders with his back to goal, holding it up well. He made good runs and didn't seem slow... what have I missed that suggests he needs work on his technique to succeed in the Premier League?

It's because he's big and shot wide on Sunday.

Back