• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He is a Spurs Player but im afraid he is already on to a loss. When he blazes over from 40 yards regularly or passes with too much weight our crowd will slaughter him.

I just hope Poch has seen something in him that is absolutely required ... the money aside I just don't see where he fits in.

Anyway good luck Moussa I hope that you prove all the doubters wrong and go on to be a Real Madrid target in the future.

Evening Standard saying its 6 payments of 5m spread over 5 years which we stop paying if we ever sell him.

I feel instantly better :)

The "which we stop paying if we ever sell him" part just doesn't make sense, and I don't believe it for a second. Some journo must have misunderstood and written that, because from a business perspective, with the amounts of money involved, it's just nonsensical and would be like throwing money out of the window. It's 0% chance that that is true. Most likely, we'll pay the installments over the next years, but should we sell him, we'd use some of the profit to cover the remaining debt we have to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I don't believe that at all - why would Saudi Sportswashing Machine agree to that? So if we flogged Sissoko in Jan, we could sell him for a very low price still make a profit on him? And Saudi Sportswashing Machine would get bug ger all?
Anything over £1.8m is profit for them and they get a high earning, unhappy player off their books

he is no better or effective than Andros Townsend or Chadli.......very inconsistent, rarely scores or assists, where does he fit into Poch's system, who does he dislodge out of Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen and Dele

SISSOKO'S PREMIER LEAGUE STATISTICS
Appearances: 118

Goals: 11

Shots: 150

Shooting accuracy: 34%

Assists: 17

Yellow cards: 20

Red cards: 2

Fouls: 162

Tackle success: 83%

Tackles: 167

its a completely dumb signing, club record 30 mill, 80k a week and he is 27 years old.

Levy backed his manager and thats the only good thing to say about this whole affair

big question marks about Poch and the players we have chased this summer. Wynaldum, Zaha and now Sissoko. What, he just couldnt resist overpaying for rubbish?

Evening Standard saying its 6 payments of 5m spread over 5 years which we stop paying if we ever sell him.

I feel instantly better :)

Since no one else can be arsed I looked into this.

Here's the article http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-mauricio-pochettino-wanted-the-a3334451.html

Here's the offending sentence "Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Saudi Sportswashing Machine would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract."

Written by Tom Collomose. Quick look on his twitter

So Saudi Sportswashing Machine are getting the full £30m for Sissoko.
We are paying the full £30m for Sissoko.

The journo is trying to say the buying club would be paying Saudi Sportswashing Machine the other 4 instalments if we sold him next summer.
In which case we'd get no fee.

Its a really stupid way to look at the transfer. It like saying I got a mortgage on a house, 25k a year over 20 years but I don't have to the other instalments if I sell the house before the 20 years are up.

The "which we stop paying if we ever sell him" part just doesn't make sense, and I don't believe it for a second. Some journo must have misunderstood and written that, because from a business perspective, with the amounts of money involved, it's just nonsensical and would be like throwing money out of the window. It's 0% chance that that is true. Most likely, we'll pay the installments over the next years, but should we sell him, we'd use some of the profit to cover the remaining debt we have to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I think that was just AjaxDeSuperYids' interpretation of the article.

What the Standard actually wrote:

"Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Saudi Sportswashing Machine would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract." [link]​

That can be interpreted several ways. We just stop paying is the least likely. More likely there is a slightly reduced fee if we sell early. Most likely it's the equivalent of an add-on deal, but phrased differently to emphasise the full amount.

Or ... we pay the installments for as long he's on our books, and as soon as we sell him, we have to pay Saudi Sportswashing Machine the remaining debt (and can't pay in installments anymore). Why would we want to involve the next team we might sell him to in a negotiation with Saudi Sportswashing Machine? That would only complicate a possible sale further, and makes little sense, in my opinion.

But hey, I don't know, it just seems strange to either a) not pay Saudi Sportswashing Machine the full amount or b) have to include a third club in a negotiation with Saudi Sportswashing Machine further down the line.

Only those who wanted to put a positive spin on this sorry deal tried to believe could get out of paying 30 mill for Sissoko.

Yes, we will pay the full 30 mill for 'run around a bit when he wants and does fcuk all else' Moussa Sissoko

Its not all Sissoko's fault, he just isnt very good. But there you go, he is a Spurs player now and we just have to get on with it

Even in this crazy window we could have done a lot better with that 30 mill. Some people said we couldnt spend this kind of money due to the new stadium build, then whooooosh, 30 big ones get blown on Moussa Sissoko of all players with a few minutes of the window remaining.

Levy has never backed a manager like this, i think he has gone against all his principles. Fair play Danny boy

So it took them until 22:30 on deadline day after having had a £30m bid accepted to walk away so as to not impact McCarthy's development? Priceless. :D

It is truly a poor piece of PR and almost unbelievable that anybody should let this type rubbish go out from any club representative.
This guy sounds like an idiot!

Last edited:
Only those who wanted to put a positive spin on this sorry deal tried to believe could get out of paying 30 mill for Sissoko.

Yes, we will pay the full 30 mill for 'run around a bit when he wants and does fcuk all else' Moussa Sissoko

Its not all Sissoko's fault, he just isnt very good. But there you go, he is a Spurs player now and we just have to get on with it

Even in this crazy window we could have done a lot better with that 30 mill. Some people said we couldnt spend this kind of money due to the new stadium build, then whooooosh, 30 big ones get blown on Moussa Sissoko of all players with a few minutes of the window remaining.

Levy has never backed a manager like this, i think he has gone against all his principles. Fair play Danny boy

You have obviously made your mind up about how good he will be for us, talk about giving a player the chance to show what he can do for us. :rolleyes:

Or ... we pay the installments for as long he's on our books, and as soon as we sell him, we have to pay Saudi Sportswashing Machine the remaining debt (and can't pay in installments anymore). Why would we want to involve the next team we might sell him to in a negotiation with Saudi Sportswashing Machine? That would only complicate a possible sale further, and makes little sense, in my opinion.

But hey, I don't know, it just seems strange to either a) not pay Saudi Sportswashing Machine the full amount or b) have to include a third club in a negotiation with Saudi Sportswashing Machine further down the line.

That seems the likier thing to me as well.
Remember sports journos have usually just done some english degree in college and have no idea how finance works.
This guy is mainly a Cricket correspondent too.

some truly pathetic comments here

Sissoko was better than Pogba at the Euros. He is exactly what we need in midfield, he is aggressive, fast and can open defenses up quite quickly. I would have loved having him vs Liverpool when they closed Eriksen out. Poch wanted him because he fits into his way of play. Levy backed him up and that is a great thing.

I think Greg is one of the better poster here although being a Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan but bare in mind that Saudi Sportswashing Machine´s whole squad had a horrible attitude, not only Sissoko and they were incredibly poorly managed before Benitez.

I remember watching Dembele disappear in some Fulham matches before we signed him.

And that whole Arsenal thing, get over yourself you lot!

It is truly a poor piece of PR and truly unbelievable that anybody should let this type rubbish go out from any club representative.
This guy sounds like an idiot!

I think the quote came from the new "rich" co-owner, presumably intending to save face, rather than make a fool of himself.

You have obviously made your mind up about how good he will be for us, talk about giving a player the chance to show what he can do for us. :rolleyes:

Yep, he's been written off as a dud before he's even played for us. But then again so was Kane so what do they know :D

If you sell him you pay the remaining balance there and then. In full.

i just think if we were going to spend that kind of money on one player we could have spent it on someone better

He will be average, very average in fact, because he is a limited player. Like i said its not his fault we shelled out so much money for him. He is not a goalscorer from midfield, he is not creative, he goes missing a lot. He can be a player at best that runs around and uses some power to run through the opposition midfield.

Yes I have made up my mind on what ive seen of him up to now. I cannot see any justification in paying so much for a player that has shown and done so little. It makes no sense. At least if we had paid 30 mill for Mane we could say yes its a heck of a lot of money but he he has shown good form and abilities for Southampton. But Sissoko? Just look at his PL stats and performances. Plus we have given him an 80k a week contract making him one of the highest paid players at the club. Sorry but im not in favour of rewarding this kind of failure

Back