• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

I'm sure I read somewhere this week (maybe another thread here) that Dier and Wanyama both average 45-50 forward passes per match, whereas Mason and Bentaleb were up at 80-90

Not sure about that at all, its more likely that there were 80_90 passes flying past them when they were supposed to be our cover for the defenders.

Why are people including N'Koudou in our squad list? The transfer hasn't gone through and may well not go. Also, he seems to be on the same level with N'Jié, who has been labelled "not remotely ready for Premier League" and "not good enough". Improvement over the likes of Son and Chadly? Hardly.

Why are people including N'Koudou in our squad list? The transfer hasn't gone through and may well not go. Also, he seems to be on the same level with N'Jié, who has been labelled "not remotely ready for Premier League" and "not good enough". Improvement over the likes of Son and Chadly? Hardly.

Agree - on paper it seems such a pointless signing. Clinton was a really poor footballer with pace, lets hope this guy (with a similar record) is better. Greg Stobart was saying that from Poch's first training session he was not impressed with NJie, so this guy must have a little more quality..... surely?

Agree - on paper it seems such a pointless signing. Clinton was a really poor footballer with pace, lets hope this guy (with a similar record) is better. Greg Stobart was saying that from Poch's first training session he was not impressed with NJie, so this guy must have a little more quality..... surely?

From the videos, it looks like he can dribble and off both sides as well as cross, Njie was just about pace. I'm hopeful on Nkoudou

1 from:
Lloris
Vorm

1 from:
Walker
Trippier
(Dier emergency back up)

1 from:
Rose
Davies
(Vertonghen emergency back up)

2 from:
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Wimmer
(Dier emergency back up)

2 from:
Wanyama
Dembele
Dier
(Dele emergency back up)

2 or 3 from:
Dele
Eriksen
Son
Njie (to be replaced by Nkoudou)
Lamela
(Dembele emergency back up)

1 or 2 from:
Janssen
Kane
Seems fine to me if you want to keep everyone happy with game time.

Well it's fatter than last year and we did ok.

Not really. We've sold Bentaleb and Mason. We were also lucky that Dier didnt get injured, similar with Kane. This season we're now hoping that Dembele doesnt get injured - we've missed him badly so far this season

It looks OK on paper but a few injuries and the squad will start to look very thin indeed.

I like the look of Winks and I do still have faith in Carroll, though most have lost theirs, but even with that I think another CM was required. Maybe another quality option in the forward area too. Anyway I'd say that is our lot so we'll have to cope one way or another.

Glass half full: Poch has a stable set of focused player to work with. Only Nkoudou is fresh in, and he's been here a week by all accounts.

Shame we didn't get a top draw player. But prefer we don't buy average players and block an existing prospects' development. We will look very light if we get a spate of injuries, but we are better covered upfront and in DM now. Maybe we are missing some spark in attack. Winks/ Edwards/Onomah/ Nkoudou/ Son stake your claim. You can all be big players for us this season. Can you sub on and change a game? Provide that energy and drive to turn a draw into a win? In that sense it's exciting. And with less players hopefully Poch can also do more with them.

Fuk knows how many millions we're up on wages and fees.

Last edited:
Things could be worse, Rangers just bought Philippe Senderos
Damn. If you have real problems spelling you can make the name 'Ryan Nelsen' with the letters in 'Philippe Senderos' and BOOM! we could have had a back-up CB to help us through the slog of the EPL, CL, EFL and FA (cup).

I look forward to seeing Winks, Onomah and Edwards start, or at the very least get minutes against Gillingham in the league cup

I'm not sold yet on Onomah, struggle to understand his role, winger/striker/?

Winks/Edwards/CCV I think will see some cup time and potentially a few sub appearances.

League up team lineup?

- Vorm, Davies, CCV, Wimmer, Trippier, Dier, Wanyama, Winks, Edwards, Lamela, Janssen (lots of protection, allow Winks/Edwards to me more offensive, or option B, go with Onomah or NKoudou as more attacking instead of one of Dier/Wanyama)

On TV they were just talking about how rare good left backs are... Pool have to try sticking in James Milner, Cheatski just bought the VERY average Marcos Alonso... we are blessed.

So, the squad (apologies if I miss a few youngsters out)

------------------------lloris/vorm/lopez
walker/trippier----toby/ccv-----vert/wimmer-----rose/davies
---------------dier/wanyama--------dembele/sissoko
----lamela/son---------alli/onomah--------eriksen/nkoudou
------------------------kane/jannsen

Several of those players can play in multiple positions (so, it's unlikely we'll see Onomah used as direct cover for Alli when Eriksen can come inside or Dembele move up/Harry move back etc.)

I think we are in really good shape there. Just need Poch to get them going.

Back