• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Interesting that a top 6 German club have gone and got him...whatever we may say about the pros and cons of his gameplay, that says a lot for the player and also the exposure we as a club get..

I was a complete mystery to me why we never saw more of him.
Me too. But that's Poch isn't it. Once he takes against you, that's it regardless. We rarely learn the whys, whens and wherefores, we just become aware of an absence from the bench for no apparent reason and then, next window, bye-bye, all-the-best, move on.

No it wasn't; he was often way off the pace. Good player but badly exposed in the PL in our set-up

As I said, I didn't really see enough of him to form an opinion, and I see the majority if not all of our games. Poch obviously did though and as Spur of the moment says, once he has decided you are done, you are done.

Interesting that a top 6 German club have gone and got him...whatever we may say about the pros and cons of his gameplay, that says a lot for the player and also the exposure we as a club get..
I agree it says a lot about his ablility but I don't see how it has much to do about the exposure our club gets. Scouting is everywhere these days at big and small teams......

top 6 german club isn't saying alot imo, especially as its a loan for now

Win win.He will get more game time than here and we will have a chance to see more of what he can do and it goes well we get a good fee and if not he has a bit more experience.Imo they won't cough up the fee unless he has an incredible season.

Suspect the fee related to an accounting procedure - part of the fee being a loan and then the other payments start next year. Gets around some FDP rules.

No 10 shirt - suggests he will play more like his Algeria role.

Hope it works out for him. Clearly a lot of talent there.
Loan or no loan I can't see any way back here from him. Poch does not strike me as a man who will change his mind, regardless of how he (Bentaleb) might improve, whether in aptitude or attitude.

Absolutely gutted we sold Nabil.. I think this is one that we will come to regret. I hope we included a massive sell on clause.

could be our Pogba sized mistake. The boy is talented but just needs time to mature

Back