• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2016/17 - Group E: CSKA Moscow, Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco

Must say, just don't like the thought of us going all the way to win the CL. I have always only wanted us to win the league title first before thinking about winning the CL. Just imagine, we have not win the league title since 1961. I think it won't be so glory if we do win the CL despite not winning the league title for 56 years ! In other words, want us to concentrate more on the league than CL !

Anyway, just can't see us win the CL. Compared to our CL campaign in 2011, we simply lack the squad depth this time to have any real chance to win it. We should have bought a few more established players to add to Janssen and Wanyama in our squad by now. Frankly, I will be very annoyed if I see inexperienced youngsters like Onomah having a part in our CL campaign.

It's this kind of entitled attitude that gives some of our fans a bad name.. Get a fudgeing grip.
Catch yourself on, 'entitled attitude' trust me that the opposite of the type of Spurs fan I am, thanks for judging me though when you know nothing about me. Now I'm away to watch Spurs hump Liverpool and if they don't I will huff like a child for a week because I'm entitled to watch my team win every week playing stunning football every minute of the 90!

Monchengladbach 2 LEVERKUSEN 1
Tom Tomsk 0 CSKA MOSCOW 1
MONACO 3 PSG 1

This weekends results for our CL opponents. I watched majority of Monaco game and PSG were woeful...like the look of Mendy the Monaco full back / wing back!

Must say, just don't like the thought of us going all the way to win the CL. I have always only wanted us to win the league title first before thinking about winning the CL. Just imagine, we have not win the league title since 1961. I think it won't be so glory if we do win the CL despite not winning the league title for 56 years ! In other words, want us to concentrate more on the league than CL !

Anyway, just can't see us win the CL. Compared to our CL campaign in 2011, we simply lack the squad depth this time to have any real chance to win it. We should have bought a few more established players to add to Janssen and Wanyama in our squad by now. Frankly, I will be very annoyed if I see inexperienced youngsters like Onomah having a part in our CL campaign.

I am hoping the next 3 days will help to change that. Who am I kidding, lets just amend that to 'Wednesday night'. Allthough I am not holding my breath for anything special, if anything at all.
I agree that this current squad does not seem to have the strength to go far. Yes the first X1 can hold their own with most teams, but we need cover, and it seems we are weeding out more than we are bringing in. By all means if MP does not fancy any of his squad, yes get rid, but surely that player needs replacing in most cases and upgrading, otherwise what is the point

Good for the team in the sense that we've got an excellent chance of going through.

Bad for the fans. 5 hours in an online queue to buy tickets for three Europa League games....

Absolutely this! First CL qualification in years. Chance to play the games at our national stadium. And we draw out a Europa looking group.

Let's be realistic, we ain't gonna win the CL. And we're not yet a regular qualifier through the league (this year looking even more difficult). I wanted to see us up against Europe's elite in the group. Give the players a chance to really test their mettle. And the fans an amazing atmosphere to enjoy.

It's up to us fans now to make Wembley feel like home and try to get motivated against what is really dull opposition.

I just saw that there is a concert at Wembley 4 days before our first Champions League game.

It will be interesting to see the condition of the pitch!

Really cant wait for the international break to be over now.....the glamour of Stoke away and then the CL begins! I'm actually confident now that we have the depth of squad which should mean that we can commit 100% to the CL in the knowledge that we are able to rotate players for the Saturday.

I just saw that there is a concert at Wembley 4 days before our first Champions League game.

It will be interesting to see the condition of the pitch!

Its only Billy Joel, Can't see people going too mental but don't worry I will keep an eye out for any troublemakers as I am taking my old man ;)
Can't have any toerags damaging the pitch!

Back