• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2016/17 - Group E: CSKA Moscow, Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco

Happy with being drawn with CSKA Moscow, Bayer Leverkusen and Monaco. It gives us a fair chance to progress from this group. I don't think we are ready to play the big teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich at this early stage of the CL. In fact, it would mentally affect us if we do badly against these big teams.

Despite being drawn in the fairly easy group, we cannot get complacent against CSKA Moscow, Bayer Leverkusen or Monaco. We did beat Monaco 4-1 in the EL last season. So, they will be fired up to get revenge on us. Germany teams like Bayer will always lift their games against English teams. But I think our hardest opponents could be CSKA Moscow. We have never played them in Europe before, so this could be a very tricky match for us. Besides, unlike Bayer and Monaco who finished 3rd in their domestic leagues, CSKA Moscow are the current league champions in Russia. We have to give due respect to any team who have won their domestic league.

There's very little difference between the CL and EL. The only difference is at somepoint in the last 16 or last 8 you get battered by one of the big 5/6 (Real, Barca, Bayern, Athletico, Dortmund, PSG)

Well that's not what i have been hearing from some Spurs fans over the last few years, (1) the Europa Lge has LOTS more games, (2) Thousands more miles to travel, (3) And FAR less time between games to recover ;)

I think the players are happy to travel to Moscow in September, not in November or December.

Tbh even that part of the draw worked in our favour. And we play them last at home, when hopefully qualification is secured, if not, being at home last must be to our advantage
Very pleased with the draw, could hardly have been much better

CSKA away has most potential for drama in travel, fans and weather. Getting it out of the way before dodgier weather and/or the match has the added tension from potential elimination means less of a worry.

The big sesh is the Away & Home fixture with Leverkusen. They will surely be in the running, and the issues will be shaping up. From that point teams will know what the possibilities/likelihoods are on progress/EL/elimination.

Well that's not what i have been hearing from some Spurs fans over the last few years, (1) the Europa Lge has LOTS more games, (2) Thousands more miles to travel, (3) And FAR less time between games to recover ;)

I admit that was my view, there are too many games in the EL and you do tend to travel further if you're unlucky with who you draw. I thought we suffered by losing time on the training ground as we had changed managers and not giving them the opportunity to work with the team. I feel we are now more settled and virtually everyone in the squad know what the plan is. We should be able to face this challenge now.

Amazed that people think we have a 'great chance' of topping the group.

BL: 15th
THFC: 21st
CSKA: 47th
Monaco: 48th
Ummm... you can see above why we have a great chance of topping the group?! Think about it. We have. A great. Chance.
BL are relying on Chicharito and some Australian striker, England battered Russia at the Euros, Monaco hope that Falcao invents a time machine and can go back to 2011 form, they will be good games and we have a great. Chance.

Cqyl80BWEAEgM5N.jpg

Back