• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2016/17 - Group E: CSKA Moscow, Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco

Very happy with that draw.

Funnily enough Arsenal and Leceister got decent draws too, all in all, not too bad for England, bit tougher for City but should easily finish 2nd in theirs
That's definitely a good thing. We want the English teams to progress, as it will help with the coefficient. Plus it would mean they would be playing in the knockout round, so more games for them. As long as they don't win it, I'm happy with all of them going as deep as possible. Can you imagine though Leicester winning the CL? It would be fudging unbearable!!!

The dates are pretty decent. Looking at the away games we have:

Sep 27 - CSKA Moscow (A) followed by City on Oct 2 at home. Decent recovery time.
Oct 18 - Bayer Leverkusen (A) followed by Bournemouth on Oct 22 at home. Easy fixture.
Nov 22 - Monaco (A) followed by Chelsea on Nov 26 away. This will be the tougher one.

Interestingly also, we play all our away games on Tuesday and all our home games on Wednesday.

That's definitely a good thing. We want the English teams to progress, as it will help with the coefficient. Plus it would mean they would be playing in the knockout round, so more games for them. As long as they don't win it, I'm happy with all of them going as deep as possible. Can you imagine though Leicester winning the CL? It would be fudgeing unbearable!!!

The coefficient means nothing as there is no way the sponsors would let UEFA big have the four English teams

2zgt0rd.jpg

Time for me to start making travel arrangements, BRING THEM ON.

Time for me to start making travel arrangements, BRING THEM ON.

I'm in the UK for the 22nd Nov game and Wouldnt you know it we are drawn away to Monaco on that date . I was so hoping to see us play at Wembley in the CL sandwiched between the West ham and Chelsea games in the prem

I feel a bit torn by this. I am very happy we have a reasonable group that we have as good a chance as any of winning. I am also away in September so am pleased I am not missing out on a big, sexy home tie such as Real or Barca.
Yet, it would have been great to play that calibre of opposition in the group (as long as I could be there to see it). Hopefully we will go through, get a reasonable last 16, then a big name in the QF. But one step at a time.
However I bet the club are well pleased they sold all those group package tickets.

3 away games in a week in October, progression in the League Cup and we could end up with 4 awaydays on the bounce

Amazed that people think we have a 'great chance' of topping the group. We have a better chance than compared to some draws but really you have four very equal teams here. UEFA rankings:

BL: 15th
THFC: 21st
CSKA: 47th
Monaco: 48th

So no one in the top 10 nor really low. None of the teams will be a push over but all are beatable. I think its an exciting group which is wide open - each team could finish top or bottom

I'm in the UK for the 22nd Nov game and Wouldnt you know it we are drawn away to Monaco on that date . I was so hoping to see us play at Wembley in the CL sandwiched between the West ham and Chelsea games in the prem

Unlucky!! I am in Spain for most of the key dates. Will just have to watch at Bernies 19th hole!!

Back