• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

You did the EXACT same thing last year...STOP IT!!!

tumblr_n6m0x3TJg51qaodtzo1_250.gif

But he might rotate them. In my old-school mind dropping was not selecting a player based on performance. In this day and age there seems to be more rotation, saving energy and ream selection based on opposition.
I'm willing to bet one million virtual pounds that he won't?

I think that he might drop Janssen if Dele is fully fit.
Maybe, but the Poch mantra is he rewards those who play well. I hear what you are saying as Dele was ill, not dropped. Based on meritocracy, could be Dier, Kane or Eriksen rotated?

Maybe, but the Poch mantra is he rewards those who play well. I hear what you are saying as Dele was ill, not dropped. Based on meritocracy, could be Dier, Kane or Eriksen rotated?

I think that he will pick a side that he thinks has the best chance of beating Liverpool. I could see Dele's willingness to drop deep and his pace being an asset in that game.

I acknowledge the quick distribution concerns about the Dier/Wanyama combo but I do feel they can cope if asked to move the ball quicker. If they don't respond well to the instructions or we go a goal behind, then I can see Poch subbing one of them for either Carroll or Winks.

I'm also very much liking our forward, any four from five option, in Kane, Janssen, Dele, Lamela and Eriksen. Maybe they'd fall short as the most fluid or skillful quintet in the league, but once up to speed, I'm pretty certain there will be none as hard working. With the arrival of Janssen, I'm certain we're going to see our pressing game go up a further level this season.

I acknowledge the quick distribution concerns about the Dier/Wanyama combo but I do feel they can cope if asked to move the ball quicker. If they don't respond well to the instructions or we go a goal behind, then I can see Poch subbing one of them for either Carroll or Winks.

I'm also very much liking our forward, any four from five option, in Kane, Janssen, Dele, Lamela and Eriksen. Maybe they'd fall short as the most fluid or skillful quintet in the league, but once up to speed, I'm pretty certain there will be none as hard working. With the arrival of Janssen, I'm certain we're going to see our pressing game go up a further level this season.

What we saw a lot in the bigger games last season was Eriksen dropping back and helping Dembele and Dier. I wonder if we might see the same or something similar on Saturday.

What we saw a lot in the bigger games last season was Eriksen dropping back and helping Dembele and Dier. I wonder if we might see the same or something similar on Saturday.
I think it makes sense and that could well happen. Most of the players have been together for a few seasons now and, Poch has also been talking about playing varied systems this season . Would not be surprised to see more 4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

I think it makes sense and that could well happen. Most of the players have been together for a few seasons now and, Poch has also been talking about playing varied systems this season . Would not be surprised to see more 4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

I think that we've been switching it around in games for a while. The Eriksen dropping deep was only during certain passages of play and quickly transitioned to a 4-2-3-1 once we got the ball forward.

I think that we've been switching it around in games for a while. The Eriksen dropping deep was only during certain passages of play and quickly transitioned to a 4-2-3-1 once we got the ball forward.

I'm more than happy to see different formations at the set-up and during the games.

At the end of the day, formations are important but we also need to see football intelligence from our players, be adaptable to the situations and to cut out brainfarts like Rose did in the Everton game right on the stroke of half-time too - well done Vorm on that one.

Why are Liverpools first 3 league games away from home? No idea which Liverpool will turn up, difficult game though as they are as dangerous at times as their fans are deluded!

Why are Liverpools first 3 league games away from home? No idea which Liverpool will turn up, difficult game though as they are as dangerous at times as their fans are deluded!

The Burnley match was originally a home game, but they agreed to a switch as Anfield isn't ready yet.

I think that he will pick a side that he thinks has the best chance of beating Liverpool. I could see Dele's willingness to drop deep and his pace being an asset in that game.

I think Eriksen will make way on current form. Janssen is currently undroppable, and I think we saw Hazza find some great spaces on Saturday both deeper and right up top. I would've bet the farm on him parking that shot in from the edge of the box first-half, and I would wager that if he gets that chance again he will bury it. Header second-half was superb too. Janssen? Let's face it, his miss was poor but it was the only poor thing he did; the guy's excellent.

Really, really want to win this one!

Hope we turn up and Liverscum don't. Its surely our turn to get one over on them...its been too long!!!

I remember the 4-0 game when Ade gave a masterclass in CF play (while on loan of course!!). It would be great if HK and VJ could repeat that on Saturday. Now we have our own BOGOF version.

@Gutter Boy was totally against us signing Wanyama because he claimed he was mediocre and not good enough for us. So now even when Wanyama has a very good performance and scores the winning goal you should not be surprised that he would make a case for Winks ahead of Wanayama.

Even when we signed Wanyama @Gutter Boy still insisted he would be no more than a backup player for Dyer so I am not surprised he would play Winks ahead of him.
Tbf to @Gutter Boy this is the sort of game against a high pressing team that wanyama may struggle in. Not saying he's not good but he is not as comfortable with the ball as Dier and Dembele and Liverpool could target him when he has the ball.

Vorm
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Carroll
Son Kane Lamela
Janssen
as per my earlier post in the thread i think it'll be important to have a CM who can pass well under pressure to cope with Liverpools press - i can see us getting penned in if we start with both Dier and Wanyama as i think we'll go sideways/backwards too often which will give Liverpool the incentive to come forwards. Carroll, despite his faults, is cool and calm with the ball under pressure, has great awareness and seems to always find a man in space as opposed to just getting rid of the ball to the nearest player, which will be important as we try to relieve pressure and counter quickly.

id bring Son in to add some pace to our attack, i expect Liverpool to try and take the game to us and i think having Son there to get in behind and exploit space could be a handy out-ball - I have chosen to go with Kane as 10 over Eriksen/Alli because i saw a little bit of a partnership brewing with him and Janssen on Saturday and i think they could further exploit Liverpools backline.
That is a tough call Billy we would certainly miss Eriksen's creativity especially given son's form can be hit and miss.

Back