• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

His kicking and thus distribution is slightly better than Hugo IMHO

I agree, one of the reasons i believe Lloris is NOT world class is that his distribution is poor and some times really poor. Lloris is a better keeper all round but Vorm for a number two he is as good as you will get.

I used to hear fans slag of Cuddicini and then Freidel for being crap and we should have a better number two but in all reality the better ones are all first choice for their teams.

I agree, one of the reasons i believe Lloris is NOT world class is that his distribution is poor and some times really poor. Lloris is a better keeper all round but Vorm for a number two he is as good as you will get.

I used to hear fans slag of Cuddicini and then Freidel for being crap and we should have a better number two but in all reality the better ones are all first choice for their teams.

Hart is being dropped (sold) because of his lack of footballing/distribution skills let us not forget.

we've not had many keepers better than Brad, even when he was 40

This is really bad news. Vorm isn't good enough in my opinion, so we might struggle in the upcoming weeks. We should have had a better back-up goalkeeper. It looks like another poor start to the season.
I think youre ridiculously over reacting. Did we concede against Everton when he came on? He is a decent eeper, and will be all the better for having a run of games.......

I think youre ridiculously over reacting. Did we concede against Everton when he came on? He is a decent eeper, and will be all the better for having a run of games.......

Our defence and deep midfield tend to protect the goalkeeper pretty well these days. Hugo tends to have 3-4 saves to make per game - quite often routine with 1-2 top drawer saves thrown in there. Vorm will probably be busiest against Liverpool but as long as he makes the routine saves we should only be conceding 1 goal per game.

I think the good news (as mentioned earlier) is Vorm is coming off having played preseason, so he is actually probably more match fit/focused than Lloris. I only really worry about Vorm when he hasn't played competitively for months and then gets thrown in the deep end.

Agree with @tynesidespur that our keepers are better protected these days anyway.

Hart, Ospina, Begovic, Vorm- in that order.
However, they all have one thing in common - none of them are perfectly suited to the style of play of the team.
Maybe slightly less so with Begovic.

Assuming Pau Lopez is coming in as a backup sweeper keeper, that is more important, even if Vorm is slightly better. (I have no idea if true)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Poor distribution at times but solid keeping. Saved us at certain points. Good game vs. City! Only 3 years ago we were wondering what Sherwood was up to. Some seasons later - we are wondering what else is coming. The Spurs are rising.

His distribution doesn't bother me... We could go out and get an average keeper who can pass the ball better or have an oustsanding keeper who passes about 80% as well as some

Back