• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Why bother starting him against Rotherham a few days ago if he's not in our plans .. surely you give that game time to a player who is, plus you run the risk(albeit small) of injuring a player you want to sell.

Why bother starting him against Rotherham a few days ago if he's not in our plans .. surely you give that game time to a player who is, plus you run the risk(albeit small) of injuring a player you want to sell.

Happens all the time. Only a handful of players that have been truly ostracized. Playing time in pre season usually has nothing to do with who's going to be involved when the real thing comes around.

Damn! I hope this isn't true. I like Bentaleb, he's got soooo much potential and i can see him being a useful part of the squad. Let's hope his injury (if it indeed was) deters potential suitors.

Then again last season there were murmurs about attitude issues during contract negotiations. He's a young guy, maybe badly advised etc...

I live in hope

Who knows what has happened off the pitch ( if anything has) and we will probably never know. But although i have not been that impressed by him ( so far) i am surprised he may be off. He is still a kid who could improve and IF he has attitude problem he could outgrow that as well.

Personally i would rather we kept him and see how it turns out and would rather it was Mason who was let go.

Contrary to what some people might like to think the lad is out with a knee injury with no current return date, there is no evidence that Poch wants him out of the club

I don't want to see him go, but with opportunities likely limited, perhaps a loan is the best option for all.

Why will opportunities be limited?

Surely he'd start the season as Dembele's primary understudy. Which means he'd start the season in the team (re MD's suspension). Dembele is also historically quite injury prone, and also our oldest outfield player.

To me that's a perfect platform for a 21 year old to be sitting in.

Why will opportunities be limited?

Surely he'd start the season as Dembele's primary understudy. Which means he'd start the season in the team (re MD's suspension). Dembele is also historically quite injury prone, and also our oldest outfield player.

To me that's a perfect platform for a 21 year old to be sitting in.

Whatever we might think (and I would have liked him to stay) it is now pretty clear that he is surplus to requirements.

It's pointless being a good player if you can't or won't do what the manager or team require. If we want to progress as a team and a club we need players who put the team 1st and their ego on the back burner.

I agree, i guess we will never know for sure but it seems that is one of the problems that Poch has discovered.

Back