• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

that just makes it harder to bring in workers to bridge the skill gap

But it means there shoudl be and could be a drive in the UK to build the skills needed for industry.

Bringing in labour be it skilled or cheap or both is not a long term plan, also it adds to the downfall of the country these people come from. The last part is a proven fact

But it means there shoudl be and could be a drive in the UK to build the skills needed for industry.

Bringing in labour be it skilled or cheap or both is not a long term plan, also it adds to the downfall of the country these people come from. The last part is a proven fact

I disagree, bringing in skilled labour is the only long term plan for success, cheaper is just a bonus

I disagree, bringing in skilled labour is the only long term plan for success, cheaper is just a bonus

Respect your view I just don't agree, no guns in this disagreement though.

My view on this has a very simplistic angle, if you make jobs cheaper by driving down salaries by way of bringing in cheaper work forces then the poor just get poorer and the divide between the top and bottom grows.

See I would also like to see top wages capped in a fair world so its not all about Immigrants ;)

Respect your view I just don't agree, no guns in this disagreement though.

My view on this has a very simplistic angle, if you make jobs cheaper by driving down salaries by way of bringing in cheaper work forces then the poor just get poorer and the divide between the top and bottom grows.

See I would also like to see top wages capped in a fair world so its not all about Immigrants ;)

yep, definitely don't agree

I don't see it as salaries being driven down, just a market correction, likewise i'd be against wage capping, it's not up to anyone to decide what someone is worth imo, you are worth what you can convince someone to pay you

it's not the role of private enterprise to bootstrap our resource system, if the produce isn't up to scratch buy it elsewhere

that's the govt's role, to improve the produce, a role that both parties have neglected for political capital since the 90's

leaving aside my opinion on the educational capacity of British millennials that takes time which puts business based here at a disadvantage to others abroad

If you show kids they can be a millionaire buy flaunting their ignorance on tv you set a very low level of aspiration

If you show kids they can be a millionaire buy flaunting their ignorance on tv you set a very low level of aspiration

yep

and dumb down the education system so every little snowflake gets to feel special and spend two years at university "studying" their belly button lint

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook the other day and my comment about it was so negative he deleted his post. There are plenty of reasons to vote to stay in the EU but that little essay is a crock of sh!t. It's basically saying that nothing we do makes any difference so we might as well keep the status quo, which is possibly the worst argument I've heard in the debate so far. Sadly it's playing up to the somewhat justifiable anti-politics mood especially amongst young people so I expect to see it plenty of times on social media over the next 24 hours.

that just makes it harder to bring in workers to bridge the skill gap

I disagree. We have no problem bringing in 180,000+ non-EU migrants per year now, all of whom need a visa. Leaving the EU won't suddenly stop Europeans wanting to come to live in the UK. If anything we can focus on bringing in migrants specifically to address any skills shortage we have.

The EU is basically a monopoly organisation with a gun to its members heads though isnt it?

By saying "your better with us than against us....Because"

Surely thats fundamentally wrong in its self? Otherwise you may as well just give up and become one nation?

I disagree. We have no problem bringing in 180,000+ non-EU migrants per year now, all of whom need a visa. Leaving the EU won't suddenly stop Europeans wanting to come to live in the UK. If anything we can focus on bringing in migrants specifically to address any skills shortage we have.

but if they have to go down the route of visa applications they are more likely to move somewhere else

but if they have to go down the route of visa applications they are more likely to move somewhere else

I don't think migrants are shooting darts at a map of Europe to decide where to move, they are coming here because they want to be here. If the prospect of a visa application is enough to put them off, should we really care that they don't come? Remember that the UK will always be a natural draw over other European countries because a significant number of Europeans already speak English.

I don't think migrants are shooting darts at a map of Europe to decide where to move, they are coming here because they want to be here. If the prospect of a visa application is enough to put them off, should we really care that they don't come? Remember that the UK will always be a natural draw over other European countries because a significant number of Europeans already speak English.

they come here knowing they can get work because we have a skills shortage, we are not the only country in that situation, we should be making it easier to get skilled immigrants in, not harder

they come here knowing they can get work because we have a skills shortage, we are not the only country in that situation, we should be making it easier to get skilled immigrants in, not harder

I'm all for making it easier to bring in skilled immigrants in areas we need, but having an open door policy that lets tens of thousands unskilled people migrate to this country only forces us to refuse skilled workers from outside the EU. Of all the things to worry about after a Leave vote, not having enough migration is certainly not one of them.

Back