• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Transfer Strategy

Looking at the Belgium and Italy game, what I would have liked to add to our team is a 5 year younger Di Rossi. Proper player! Would not mind any of the Dutch CM's either. Both Witsel or Nainggolan would be just fine.

Nainggolan would be an absolute dream - he's everything you could ask for in a central midfielder. Tons of energy, aggressive, proficient in the tackle, good passer, mean shot on him, not a bad dribbler, runs non-stop and is the on-pitch leader for his club side.

I don't think for a second that he'd want to move here or that we have a hope in hell of getting him (think he's Chelsea-bound, personally), but he's exactly the sort of player who could seriously challenge Dembele for a starting position at the very least, and very possibly outperform him as well.

But still not good enough to start for us

Their both quite static and only seem to be able to play one role
Have you ever seen Nainggolan play, other than yesterday? I seriously doubt that! If it's one thing he isn't, it's static! That's one of the most ridiculous claims I've heard for quite a while.

Have you ever seen Nainggolan play, other than yesterday? I seriously doubt that! If it's one thing he isn't, it's static! That's one of the most ridiculous claims I've heard for quite a while.

Yes I have - but only probably only 3 or 4 times

He plays in the Italian league which is snails pace and slow. He looks good there

Yesterday against Italy he was static and hardly moved from the middle where he was a weak link

Dier and Dembele by comparison cover a lot more ground and also do it with the ball

I think some of the belgian players are rated because of the "golden generation" rather than because of what they have actually done

Looking at that team yesterday you had the two Chelsea lads who have won a major league and that's it.... That team cost a fortune and is the most expensive at the euros yet hasn't got players who have won things

It feels like England's Holden generation without the trophies to back it up

Nainggolan would be an absolute dream - he's everything you could ask for in a central midfielder. Tons of energy, aggressive, proficient in the tackle, good passer, mean shot on him, not a bad dribbler, runs non-stop and is the on-pitch leader for his club side.

I don't think for a second that he'd want to move here or that we have a hope in hell of getting him (think he's Chelsea-bound, personally), but he's exactly the sort of player who could seriously challenge Dembele for a starting position at the very least, and very possibly outperform him as well.

I think Witsel is the better one of the two that started

I think Nainggolan and Vidal will be the Chelsea midfield next season..

I've been trying to rate the signings Poch has done during his tenure. Not sure where I've landed on Son. Still early days for him though. Hopefully he'll be more involved and better prepared for the next season.

Alderweireld - Excellent
Alli - Excellent
Wimmer - Very good
Trippier - Good
Davies - OK
Son - OK
Stambouli - OK
N'Jie - Barely played
Fazio - Not good

The Stambouli signing standing out as the one that puzzles me (why did we let him go so early?). Fazio as well, to some extent.

I've been trying to rate the signings Poch has done during his tenure. Not sure where I've landed on Son. Still early days for him though. Hopefully he'll be more involved and better prepared for the next season.

Alderweireld - Excellent
Alli - Excellent
Wimmer - Very good
Trippier - Good
Davies - OK
Son - OK
Stambouli - OK
N'Jie - Barely played
Fazio - Not good

The Stambouli signing standing out as the one that puzzles me (why did we let him go so early?). Fazio as well, to some extent.
Agree except, would put Wimmer as excellent, based on cost and performance.
If Trippier is good, then surely Davies too?
Not sure Stambouli was ok, based on how quick we got rid.

Yeah, I first wrote good on Davies too. He's been pretty good, I reckon, same as trippier, agreed. Also agreed regarding wimmer, he's done really well. It's just that alli and Alder have been revelations, so needed to be a level above. :)

Yeah, I first wrote good on Davies too. He's been pretty good, I reckon, same as trippier, agreed. Also agreed regarding wimmer, he's done really well. It's just that alli and Alder have been revelations, so needed to be a level above. :)

Disagree them two were noticed by the media and done things they did were spectacular....wimmer was so spectacular you didn't even notice

Fazio just never adapted, Stambouli was a last minute squad addition whilst N'jie seems to be the wildcard. I'll be interested to see how he does this year, because in all honesty I don't see him as a starter for us.

Fazio just never adapted, Stambouli was a last minute squad addition whilst N'jie seems to be the wildcard. I'll be interested to see how he does this year, because in all honesty I don't see him as a starter for us.

A lot of scouting seemed to go into Njie, and Rob Mackenzie is a French football expert. I think he'll at least be as useful as Wimmer

With the addition or Wanyama i still think we need atleast another 3 signings to really take us to that next level and give us top quality cover / competition for places.

Our first choice team will probably be the same as last season

Loris
Walker Toby Verts Rose

Dier Dembele

Lamela Alli Eriksen

Kane

Our cover and impact subs was our problem last year as we did not have an out and out striker as cover for Kane and we didn't have anyone good enough to replace Dembele and Dier. Also i felt Chadli was not consistent enough and had long periods in games where i forgot he was even playing.

The second team / cover / competition i would like to see is

Vorm
Trippier CCV? (New signing) Wimmer Davies

Wanyama New signing

Son New Signing N'Jie

New signing

Now i know people think we won't make alot of changes but imo we need to if we want to carry on challenging for a champions League place. You could argue that we could keep Chadli and play 1 of Carrol, Mason or Bentaleb next to Wanyama (if we sign him) but i really do not think they are good enough (Bentaleb could be if his head is in the right place).

I'm willing to give N'Jie a season to show what he is made of.

Selling

Chadli
Fazio
Mason
Carrol

Would free up around £20m aswell as the Townsend money which gives us about £30m. I know we don't usually spend more than we make but i think we really need to push on if we want to stand a chance of competing with the big boys who are going to spend £100m+

If we can be regulars in yhe champions league when the new stadium is ready then we could really be in a strong position to be a major force.​

I originally thought we needed 3 players this season: Striker, Holding midfield, Creative midfield. On reflection we will need to be more competitive in CL than we were in EC and push on in league so I'd add a Utility Defender as I don't think CCV will be ready and he needs to go on loan and maybe a wide forward but Son or Njie may step up. Too many new players can disrupt the team and team harmony. Poch likes to give his new signings time to gel unless they are standout players in training. I agree with the four Yiddo suggests we should move on and it looks like Bentaleb could be added to that, so an other midfielder would probably have to be added.

Back