• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Kouyate is classy and massively underrated

I think he would be perfect for a lot of the top sides and reminds me of Viera
I'm still not 100% convinced about Kouyate. When I have seen him he looks to have a bit of a heavy touch. Physically he certainly has it however and he is also a very competent centre half so adds to the squad in that way.

They are businessmen first and would for the right price.

I'm not so sure that they would. The value of him to them would be more than we would be willing to pay, shown by the fact that apparently when we enquired, they said a straight swap for Kane. That's quite an opening offer!

I'm not so sure that they would. The value of him to them would be more than we would be willing to pay, shown by the fact that apparently when we enquired, they said a straight swap for Kane. That's quite an opening offer!

Depends what we would be willing to pay (player kicks off to move etc).. Take no notice of that quote, great headline and all that if any truth in it at all. I would like to see what they would say with 25m on the table. They (Sullivan & Gold) moved on from Birmingham because the fans wanted more than they could afford to put in. They are financing the purchases themselves and not rich by premier league standards.

Depends what we would be willing to pay (player kicks off to move etc).. Take no notice of that quote, great headline and all that if any truth in it at all. I would like to see what they would say with 25m on the table. They (Sullivan & Gold) moved on from Birmingham because the fans wanted more than they could afford to put in. They are financing the purchases themselves and not rich by premier league standards.

Why bother when Bazoer has the potential to far far exceed this West Ham player and would most likely be cheaper.

Why bother when Bazoer has the potential to far far exceed this West Ham player and would most likely be cheaper.

I wasn't particularly arguing the case for Kouyaté, more that he would be available if we were interested.. And I know little about Bazoer other than potential doesn't always develop.. Balotelli has/had all the potential in the world but doesn't look like he is going to be 20% of the player he should have been..

Well, unless we do put that £25m down I don't think we will ever find out. I think West Ham effectively said they don't want to do business with us with that nice quote. Yes it sure was designed to make a headline, and even if it were posturing, it is obvious that they said no to whatever we offered and we were not prepared to go higher.

According to reports in Spain, new Manchester United boss is open to selling as many as 12 players as he begins a summer overhaul at Old Trafford.

Chief executive Ed Woodward reportedly met the new boss on Friday to discuss his plans for the summer transfer window. The Portuguese coach also allegedly produced a list of names that are surplus to requirements.

Believed to be among those on the list are the surprising trio of Juan Mata, Ander Herrera and Memphis Depay, while Bastian Schweinsteiger, Marouane Fellaini, Ashley Young, Michael Carrick, Marcos Rojo and Sergio Romero are also apparently in the same situation.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/mourinho-transfer-lists-12-players-to-begin-summer-overhaul

Emirates Marketing Project chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak says he expects a number of departures from the club this summer as Pep Guardiola places more emphasis on emerging youth players.

Guardiola has already made his first signing ahead of the new campaign with Borussia Dortmund’s German midfielder Ilkay Gundogan joining in a deal worth £21m.

The incoming manager, however, is set to integrate more of the club’s existing youngsters into his team in line with City’s long-term objectives.

Al Mubarak concedes that could lead to exits over the close season, although he would not confirm how many players would be moving on.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/man-city-chief-admits-pep-will-let-a-number-of-stars-move-on

Good luck finding someone to take on your grossly overpaid waste.

No Thanks to Depay but we could do a lot worse than to sign Michael Carrick as a back up to Dier. I like Herrera as well

If only Herrera was half as good at football as he is at making bold claims in the papers. Every time he comes out with something it's nailed on he will play like crap. A very expensive spokesman/mascot.

Worth remembering that they're already making more than our highest paid players.

Back