• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Transfer Strategy

1. Centre Mid, Striker, Attacking Mid/Winger
2. Kante/Witsel, Wilson/Ighalo/Batshuayi, Mane/Schurrle
3. Fazio, Mason, Carroll and maybe Chadli.
4. Bentaleb. Loan out players like Winks, Onomah, CCV and McGee.

Last edited:
There is still a perception problem, at least based on this comment from the Sevilla Sporting Director:

And if a player says: ‘Chelsea want me,’ I say: ‘What are you talking to me for, then?’ But if Swansea or Spurs want you, let’s talk.

There is still a perception problem, at least based on this comment from the Sevilla Sporting Director:

And if a player says: ‘Chelsea want me,’ I say: ‘What are you talking to me for, then?’ But if Swansea or Spurs want you, let’s talk.

Ouch, lumped with Swansea. Otherwise fair, though; Sevilla win things far more frequently than we do, play CL far more frequently than we do and can turn players' heads based on that record. We can probably blow them out of the water in terms of wages and fees, plus we can activate release clauses that they then can't match (a la Fazio), but I think what Monchi's saying is that it becomes a case of convincing players to choose success over money when it comes to fending off Spurs, whereas with Chelsea it's (more often than not) a case of limitless money and some success to boot, which usually renders Sevilla unable to compete.

Last edited:
I would imagine that Wimmer would seek a move elsewhere If we were to sell Vertonghen and then buy another player as first choice to keep Wimmer as a reserve.

There is already serious interest in Wimmer from some big clubs in Germany. I think he grudgingly accepts being first reserve behind the Belgian pair, I doubt he would be so accepting if we were to lose one of them and still overlook him.

I think we need a back up for Dembele and Dier and a back up for Kane.

Anything else is less urgent than that
Agreed.... If we bring in the right competition for Dier's place then we would have the luxury of being able to use Dier as our 4th choice centre half.
I think that finding backup for Dembele would be incredibly hard. I wonder whether cover for him could instead be provided by dropping Alli back into Dembele's role and finding ourselves an alternative number 10 in the transfer market?

Agreed.... If we bring in the right competition for Dier's place then we would have the luxury of being able to use Dier as our 4th choice centre half.
I think that finding backup for Dembele would be incredibly hard. I wonder whether cover for him could instead be provided by dropping Alli back into Dembele's role and finding ourselves an alternative number 10 in the transfer market?
I like that, indeed go further, Lamella as a 10 and son out wide.

I like that, indeed go further, Lamella as a 10 and son out wide.
Worth a go.... The only issue is that I see Lamela more as the creator of goals as opposed to the finisher. Alli is one of the only players in our team who looks to get beyond Kane.... I think Pochettino likes to have his number 7 and 11 players as the main chance creators, but players who will also bust a gut to help our their full back.

The number 10 in Pochettino's system seems to have much less defensive responsibility, but has to look to get in behind the opposition's defence....

In a Pochettino team I think if we were to shift Alli back into Dembele's role, then instead of Lamela moving into the centre we would be more likely to see Kane playing in the number 10 role with our new striker (Batshuayi?) up front in the number 9 role.

they are still bitter over Ramos, it's a cheap shot

I'm still bitter over Ramos.......

In truth I was so disappointed when he flopped, I'd spent the previous season watching Saville play and drooling.

But Monchi is quite right he cannot compete with Chelsea/Abramovich but can with less wealthy clubs. Don't think he's being bitter.

Last edited:
I would imagine that Wimmer would seek a move elsewhere If we were to sell Vertonghen and then buy another player as first choice to keep Wimmer as a reserve.

There is already serious interest in Wimmer from some big clubs in Germany. I think he grudgingly accepts being first reserve behind the Belgian pair, I doubt he would be so accepting if we were to lose one of them and still overlook him.
I agree Finney 're: Wimmer but I don't think a defender of his quality would accept sitting behind the Belgians either especially when it would seem that he didn't do anything wrong when he was given his opportunity. In which case he is likely to leave what ever. My concern regarding our defence stems from our inability to hold on to leads. Part of that, imo is we are not as effective at defending floated balls into the box and defending corners. That's why I would not rule out looking at our centre half options, it is irrelevant if that irritates those members of the playing squad. I am more concerned in making up those additional 10-12 points that could win us the title. IMO it is as important as cover for Kane and Dembele. In fact I am sure Poch will do that when he analyses the data from this season even if he concludes the problem lies elsewhere.

I think you should re read you post, maybe some one will fix for yew:oops:

is this better - In truth I was so disappointed when he flopped, I'd spent the previous season watching Saville play and drooling.

Being dyslexic I can't always see mistakes.

Worth a go.... The only issue is that I see Lamela more as the creator of goals as opposed to the finisher. Alli is one of the only players in our team who looks to get beyond Kane.... I think Pochettino likes to have his number 7 and 11 players as the main chance creators, but players who will also bust a gut to help our their full back.

The number 10 in Pochettino's system seems to have much less defensive responsibility, but has to look to get in behind the opposition's defence....

In a Pochettino team I think if we were to shift Alli back into Dembele's role, then instead of Lamela moving into the centre we would be more likely to see Kane playing in the number 10 role with our new striker (Batshuayi?) up front in the number 9 role.
Has Lamella enough defensive smarts to cover if alli passes him from the middle?
The more I look at this actually the more I like it, a front three of son , Kane, and eriksen with Lamella and alli behind them. With Dier the destroyer behind sweeping up.

I agree Finney 're: Wimmer but I don't think a defender of his quality would accept sitting behind the Belgians either especially when it would seem that he didn't do anything wrong when he was given his opportunity. In which case he is likely to leave what ever. My concern regarding our defence stems from our inability to hold on to leads. Part of that, imo is we are not as effective at defending floated balls into the box and defending corners. That's why I would not rule out looking at our centre half options, it is irrelevant if that irritates those members of the playing squad. I am more concerned in making up those additional 10-12 points that could win us the title. IMO it is as important as cover for Kane and Dembele. In fact I am sure Poch will do that when he analyses the data from this season even if he concludes the problem lies elsewhere.
Watching the goals that cost us against WBA and Chelsea.... I think the WBA goal was scored by the player that Dier was picking up? Chelsea's first goal came from the player that Alderweireld was picking up.

In Fazio we already had a great player to deal with "balls floated into the box and defending corners".... The problem is that while improving us in this respect, having him in the team makes us so much worse in others. Perhaps we can find a more dominant defender in the air than Jan or Toby, but can we find one who is also good enough in other aspects of their play? You also have to consider that if (as you advocate) we play that new centre half instead of Vertonghen, it still wouldn't have stopped the goals against WBA or Chelsea that were scored by Dier and Alderweireld's players respectively.... Or do you want us to also change to zonal marking for corners?

Last edited:
is this better - In truth I was so disappointed when he flopped, I'd spent the previous season watching Saville play and drooling.

Being dyslexic I can't always see mistakes.
The auto correct had turned Seville into uncle jimmy saville

Back