• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

St Hotspur Day (14 April)

I was there! :D

Seriously though, this thread is a sure jinxer. No way we're getting above Le Scum now. :(

Worth remembering our finest moment of the last 25 years. This time next year it could be eclipsed by title anniversary celebrations!

The thing is, this whole thing only matters to the gooners. I don't think any of us truly care about finishing above them as much as we do with finishing top or in seeing year on year improvement.

I don't think we should even deem it worth mentionning. It's their sad little celebration, let it die with a whimper and nothing more.

The thing is, this whole thing only matters to the gooners. I don't think any of us truly care about finishing above them as much as we do with finishing top or in seeing year on year improvement.

I don't think we should even deem it worth mentionning. It's their sad little celebration, let it die with a whimper and nothing more.

Totally agree, it's purely an Arsenal thing, the NLD has always been their Cup Final (as has Wet Spam's game against us).

In Gutterboy's defence, "St Hotspur Day" was first thus named by The Spur fanzine in celebration of that classic 1991 FA Cup semi final victory - when Spurs lifted some of the weight off the club's shoulders as the full extent of its financial crisis emerged (while also denying Arsenal the Double).

St Hotspur Day is nothing like Arsenal's St Totteringham Day. It celebrates a particular date - April 14th - the anniversary of that 1991 game. So Gutterboy is not tempting fate.

By the way, St Hotspur Day had been in existence for quite a few years before some bright spark gooner came up with their little day. As usual - and as with white on the shirt, trying to play attractive football and calling north London home - Arsenal always trying to copy Spurs.

In Gutterboy's defence, "St Hotspur Day" was first thus named by The Spur fanzine in celebration of that classic 1991 FA Cup semi final victory - when Spurs lifted some of the weight off the club's shoulders as the full extent of its financial crisis emerged (while also denying Arsenal the Double).

St Hotspur Day is nothing like Arsenal's St Totteringham Day. It celebrates a particular date - April 14th - the anniversary of that 1991 game. So Gutterboy is not tempting fate.

By the way, St Hotspur Day had been in existence for quite a few years before some bright spark gooner came up with their little day. As usual - and as with white on the shirt, trying to play attractive football and calling north London home - Arsenal always trying to copy Spurs.

Exactly.

Celebrating our past achievements, rather than having to negatively define ourselves against others.

Funny i was up in wembley the night before watching a gloria estafan concert(don't ask!!)...so i popped over the next morning, was it 12am ko or something to try to get in...nothing outside what so ever,no touts,nothing,so got back to the place i was staying just after Gazza scored his goal.....always remember his post match interview...getting me suit measured up in the morning man.....superb day,just in his brilliance,so we should celebrate it, feck those cnuts across the road.

Some might crucify me for this, but this makes me miss Andy Gray's comments.

What a fudgeing strike. Loved Danny Rose from the moment on..

Broadway Danny is the only Spurs player on the pitch in that video who's still around (Walker was on the bench).

Tottenham
Substitutes

Funny i was up in wembley the night before watching a gloria estafan concert(don't ask!!)...so i popped over the next morning, was it 12am ko or something to try to get in...nothing outside what so ever,no touts,nothing,so got back to the place i was staying just after Gazza scored his goal.....always remember his post match interview...getting me suit measured up in the morning man.....superb day,just in his brilliance,so we should celebrate it, feck those cnuts across the road.

"There we are, the shy and sensitive Paul Gascoigne..."

Some might crucify me for this, but this makes me miss Andy Gray's comments.

What a fudgeing strike. Loved Danny Rose from the moment on..

Totally agree him and keys were superb for years but paid the price for 'preciousness' in the media and real life unfortunately.

Great thread GB.

I can watch this for hours! :)

Look where their keeper is when he goes out of frame haha.

Upside down behind the touch line two yards passed his goalpost. And our forwards are already halfway back to gazza.

And the graceless bellend still could not give gazza proper credit.

Back