• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

If we get Champions League football not buying a top quality player or 2 will be a mistake imo and i doubt we would compete on both fronts. The game against Dortmund shows the difference in class and even with a full strength we would have lossed imo. Not every top quality player has an ego. VDV, Davids didn't seem to have much of an ego.

Dortmund are top 5 in Europe. We're not going to compete with the likes of them Barca, Real and Bayern. The rest of the CL outside 5/6 clubs is no better quality than the EL.

We have to add the depth to our squad in areas we can't see developing from within at the moment

You would say that's a defensive midfielder and a striker as we have t and any youngsters in this positions in any first team squads (unless I'm mistaken)

We have to add the depth to our squad in areas we can't see developing from within at the moment

You would say that's a defensive midfielder and a striker as we have t and any youngsters in this positions in any first team squads (unless I'm mistaken)

As well as Bentaleb, there's Winks and Ball to consider for CM

I'd really like to see us go after Duncan Way more. Hasn't featured much for Sunderland, but what I've seen of him looks promising and he'd definitely fit in with the Poch style. Of course we'll have Pritchard coming back, who I believe plays roughly the same position, but always good to have as hard working talented and English player, who will also be on low wages.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-eye-transfer-jonathan-calleri-7590803

Jonathan Calleri is on our radar with Poch being the man pushing for the signing (according to the report at least).
IIRC we were linked with him over last summer too, so this could be the fruition of a year long courtship. The only issue is with the people who own him, as it's another one of those third party deals. He's having a very good year it seems so I doubt this will be cheap although he does qualify for an Italian passport this summer.

Last edited:
Rumour (I think it originated in The Star - so make of that what you will) that West Ham are looking to buy Chadli. A fee of £16m is mentioned.

To be honest, right now Chadli doesn't make my "best starting eleven" if I was to pick one. But he's a great option to have on the bench and I'd be more than happy to hang on to him as a squad player - and one that's not a million miles from breaking into the first eleven.

That said; I never begrudge a squad player a move in search of first-team football. So if the player himself wanted to leave, then it wouldn't be the end of the world and might even offer Pochettino the opportunity to bring in someone new (though I know some people might suggest that Njie will be like a new signing next season).

Henderson is rumoured to be on the way out of Liverpool in the summer. I think he'd thrive under Poch. I'd sign him and Wanyama, with Wanyama competing with Dier and Henderson competing with Dembele. Townsend, Fazio and Bentaleb (?) sales to cover a chunk of the cost of signing those two.

------------------------lloris/vorm
walker/trippier----toby/ccv----vert/wimmer---rose/davies
-----------dier/wanyama------henderson/dembele
--lamela/son-----------alli/mason----------eriksen/carroll
--------------------kane/new guy (dembele the younger?)/ chadli (maybe)

extras: youth keeper, onomah, n'jie. winks and pritchard sent on loan.

This would be a f**king awesome squad for Poch imo.

im sure plenty will scoff at that DZA but id take Henderson, although i think it'll be Tielemens that we'll sign along with a more defense minded CM - how realistic would Witsel be, anyone?

Henderson's great, but why would we take him? He's a physical, B2B DM that would cost a lot (wages and fees), and wouldn't fill a gap given that Dembele plays his role and plays it damn well to boot.

I mean, again, he's one of those signings that I was harping on about last summer as being the type that would improve our squad regardless of the need for him, so I wouldn't be disappointed at all...but we do have other areas to fill, so it would surprise me. Same thing with Tielemans.

Unless, of course, we're planning to sell Bentaleb *and* Carroll this summer: then it might make sense.

I think this is going to be probably the hardest for years, we need to upgrade in all areas if we are going to carry on improving and be competative in the CL. The major problem is that both Manchester teams along with Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and possibly Everton will also be looking for 3/4 top class players. Add to that the Euros being played in the summer it's going to me tough signing players and having them in place before the season begins. Football agents must be rubbing their hands in anticipation of getting their hands on all that TV money.

I think we need to improve in these areas:

Goal-keeper cover Vorm not good enough
Utility defender CCV needs to go on loan and that would leave us stretched
Holding midfielder Must have cover for Dier
Playmaker Erikson our only creative player, don't think Carroll or Mason can do it
Goalscorer Bloody obvious

Last edited:
I think this is going to be probably the hardest for years, we need to upgrade in all areas if we are going to carry on improving and be competative in the CL. The major problem is that both Manchester teams along with Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and possibly Everton will also be looking for 3/4 top class players. Add to that the Euros being played in the summer it's going to me tough signing players and having them in place before the season begins. Football agents must be rubbing their hands in anticipation of getting their hands on all that TV money.

I would expect minimal changes to the first team this summer, maybe just a couple of players coming in.

Back