• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

In terms of premier league goals; he has already equalled last year. In terms of total goals, he's two short of last season.

Yeah, I was thinking in terms of total goals. If he can surpass that tally, then it will have been a monumental season from his perspective, especially given that people were calling him a 'one season wonder' five games into the season.

What a man. I bow my head, never did I think he'd actually come close to match last season's goal tally. He keeps impressing - and improving.

Indeed. Last season he was a unknown quanitity to the opposition and so as impressive as last season was you still had to have question marks. This season has seen him have a couple of goal droughts from extra attention but rather than accepting weaknesses to his game he works hard to get rid of them. A bit like how Bale was always a great talent but didn't become world class until you had the opposition doubling, sometimes tripling, up on him.

With players like Bale and Kane you might be able to catch them out and stop them in the short term but they'll only get better. If we do get CL next season then it will be very interesting watching Kane up against some of the best players in Europe. Will be a lot of room for him to grow and improve more. Only downside is I expect him to do well in it and he might get a lot of interest from abroad

20+ goals in two successive seasons is a huge achievement especially for someone aged only 22.

To highlight just how impressive that is - it's something that the likes of Aguero, Drogba, Ronaldo, Torres, Wright, Adebayor, Owen, Yorke, Costa, Sturridge and Rooney have all failed to achieve thus far. The only other English player who has managed it over two 38 game PL seasons is Alan Shearer.

I said it a lot last season, but I've never been as wrong about a player as I was about Kane. With this achievement, I think it's now impossible to argue that he's anything less than a world class centre forward.

I'm pinching myself that we have such a player. And what a player he has grown into. Really has just got better and better.

world class, just hope he sticks around I would love to have 3 or 4 world class players in the team at the same time rather than them keep leaving ala Bale and Modric.

Jose Mourinho has identified Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane as his primary transfer target if he becomes Manchester United manager in the summer, sources have told ESPN FC.

The ex-Chelsea manager's representatives remain confident that he will replace Louis van Gaal at the end of the season, and he has already started making transfer plans.

If Mourinho gets the job, he sees 22-year-old Kane's high work rate and intensity as a key element of his plan to revitalise United.

ESPN FC revealed in January that he had put together a dossier detailing his analysis of United and how he would improve them.

Those plans involve bringing up to five new first-team players -- two defenders, a central midfielder, a fast right winger and a mobile striker.

Mourinho is said to have been hugely impressed by Kane's performance in Tottenham's 5-3 win over his Chelsea side in January last year.

But sources say Spurs consider Kane to be unsellable and are confident that he is prepared to commit his future to the club.

The England international is known to be excited about the progress made under Mauricio Pochettino and excited about the future of the club, who are beginning work on a new stadium.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/chelsea/sto...ho-would-target-harry-kane-as-man-united-boss

Didn't they just spend 100+ million on players last year?

Didn't they just spend 100+ million on players last year?
They've been minting it meanwhile so, what with the tv bonanza, £100m will be mere pocket money. Besides which they stand to lose that annually through failing to strengthen sufficiently to qualify for the CL.

Not that Daniel will be tempted anyway, he likewise has more to lose by selling.

I thought he got 31 last season?
You're absolutely right. Don't know what I was on about earlier.

He's likely to end the season with more premier league goals than last season, and maybe even the league's top scorer. But his relatively poor tally in Europe (in comparison with last year) will make it difficult to surpass his overall total. He needs to do better than a goal per game for the rest of the season...

Which isn't impossible for the guy. He is that good after all. But it's a hell of an ask.

Morning stat alert

CeDvqi9WEAAAf5_.jpg

Back