• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

We will be in the CL next year, in this year no one can make 21 points from 21. And for the same reason we won't win the league. End of text. :D

We will be in the CL next year, in this year no one can make 21 points from 21. And for the same reason we won't win the league. End of text. :D

Yes. Today was probably the killing blow. Didnt expect them to get the full 3pts today.

Even if we do win tomorrow, we would still have to overturn 5pts in 7 matches, bearing in mind they have 4 home 3 away, we are 3 home 4 away 2 of which are at grounds we notoriously dont do well at. It's great a lot of people are still optimistic, but right now I dont see where the turnaround is going to come from.

As it pans out we now play twice before Leicester take to the field again (so their win today has denied us another shout at going top), anything less than 2 wins and surely even the optimists may have to concede

I still dont understand how anyone would have fancied Palace to take any points from Leicester. Palace haven't won a league game since December and can't score for toffee

If their to drop points it will be against a well organised decent side in OK form

They have a few of those games coming up so let's see

First and foremost we have to win our game

One less opportunity for our rivals to drop points...

Very true

offset by the increase in pressure being one game closer causes them

Very true too

We can't effect the Leicester results so let's just get ours over the line

I read earlier that in this league no one can string together a run of victories... Well we have several times and that's what we need now

leicester are worthy faves but they are not home and hosed, they've played in their last 2 matches the 19th placed team and the only team in england not to have won a league game this year and yet, they just won 1-0 both times and had a few scares. Vardy looks spent for them, its their defence which is giving them the w's but I can definitely see them wobble at some point.
Looking at the run-in, arsenal could be more of a threat now they're out of all their cups too. It would be palatable for me for Leicester to deny arsenal the title rather than us if they go on a crazy run.

I think with Leicester they are also like a breakthrough player - no one can work them out in the first season, so they destroy everything in their path.
With the likes and Man C and Arsenal, (and to a lesser degree us) teams are ready and know what to expect.

I've never quite worked out why teams cannot adapt mid season, but they don't.

SCBC might get a point at the King Power.

West Ham should, and don't bet against them getting 3, I think they can run rings around Leicester in their current form.

Away to Man U will be tough.

And AWAY to Chelsea last day of the season.

Think they'll drop 9 points from that lot.
So we can only drop 4. If we achieve that we deserve the title.

And yes, we need favours from those four!!!

Who have Leicester lost to in recent times ? Yep,the scum. They (le scum) did the double over them. Pool. We beat them in the FA cup. Well, their weakened side.

Emirates Marketing Project n scum will try to keep chasing, these are the ones who can still challenge and we have to just keep winning and maintaining our place.

A lot to play for still. It's Leicester, and ours, to lose.

SCBC might get a point at the King Power.

West Ham should, and don't bet against them getting 3, I think they can run rings around Leicester in their current form.

Away to Man U will be tough.

And AWAY to Chelsea last day of the season.

Think they'll drop 9 points from that lot.
So we can only drop 4. If we achieve that we deserve the title.

And yes, we need favours from those four!!!

If we are still behind Leciester on that morning you can forget Chelsea taking any points off them. If you believe we can win it, it has to be in our hands before kick-off because there is no way on Earth Chelsea will win/draw if it means handing the title to Tottenham, or Arsenal for that matter if they happen to be in the same boat

If we are still behind Leciester on that morning you can forget Chelsea taking any points off them. If you believe we can win it, it has to be in our hands before kick-off because there is no way on Earth Chelsea will win/draw if it means handing the title to Tottenham, or Arsenal for that matter if they happen to be in the same boat
Unless a CL - or even EL - spot is dependent on them beating Leicester then it's game on.
But I don't think my heart could stand such a last day scenario. Much better (obviously) if winning against Saudi Sportswashing Machine would be sufficient.

Just did one of those league predictor things. I tried to eliminate all my natural bias, and my belief - at every kick-off, no matter the opposition - that we can win on the day. And based on the remaining fixtures, I have us finishing third (Leicester champions, with Arsenal just ahead of us in second).

It really does appear to me that - on paper - Arsenal's last 7 games are easier than ours to the tune of at least 4pts.

Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

There'll be some inevitable disappointment at having come so close. But I'll still be celebrating finishing third - which is better than I thought possible at the start of the season. And I fully expect us to do at least as well next year, so long as we keep most of the same personnel in place.

Just did one of those league predictor things. I tried to eliminate all my natural bias, and my belief - at every kick-off, no matter the opposition - that we can win on the day. And based on the remaining fixtures, I have us finishing third (Leicester champions, with Arsenal just ahead of us in second).

It really does appear to me that - on paper - Arsenal's last 7 games are easier than ours to the tune of at least 4pts.

Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

There'll be some inevitable disappointment at having come so close. But I'll still be celebrating finishing third - which is better than I thought possible at the start of the season. And I fully expect us to do at least as well next year, so long as we keep most of the same personnel in place.

Same here I currently have us finishing 3rd on GD ahead of City

It's very hard to tell if the Goons will go on a run of wins, or peter out into nothingness. I had a healthy bet on them winning the league, just in case.

I certainly think they will close in on top spot, but who knows if they'll get there or not.

Probably, because they are utter, utter cundts

I think Leicester arent playing great but are winning. Arsenal will go on a good run now. They have nothing to lose and the pressure is off. Thats when they are most dangerous.

We have the hardest fixtures so i have us down as 3rd. Will be disappointing to not finish 1st or 2nd. I also think 3 or 4 of our games are Monday night. We have the added pressure of knowing if our rivals have won, lost of drawn. We have prob got more factors against us than for us.

International break can mess things up, people travelling further away. Some players getting first call ups (Kante), some players getting a rest and others not etc as well as different training regimes and various knocks etc that may occur.

I think Leicester will win it as the gap is too big with so few games left but if we can win our 2 games and get 2 points behind them then lets see how they handle the pressure, Southampton have just come back from 2-0 down V pool and are certainly capable of winning there. Trouble is I'm not sure we will beat Liverpool unless they ease up ahead of the Dortmund game.

Back