• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Spurs vs Woolwich Nomads

t
In a situation when WE are the ones with a man down and losing then heart can come into the discussion imo. Perhaps evenif it's 11 v11.
But when WE have a man advantage as well as a goal advantage then the 'heart' issue is irrelvant imo.
Tactics and skills were much important in that scenario imo, and i find that fascinating in this context..

i guess what i am saying is that "heart" or whatever emotive force that provides that little extra, and is a vital part of tactics and skills and the wider gameplan. the difficulty is in defining and measuring what it is, and its contribution to the game. (not unique in football - this debate about the contribution of the unquantifiable/untrackable/unmeasurable to the end result).

I'm still so angry

I really struggled yesterday, thank good my wife went out for the evening and left me to stew at home....

Such a high when Kane scored to a crushing low when Sanchez equalised. I think this is what crack addicts feel like.....chasing that high again.

Them down to 10 and losing by a. Single goal meant they had to push on...

We didn't create enough to exploit the space unfortunately but I spiel always expect them to have a go in that position. This is Arsenal who aren't mugs and needed the points as much as us. They had nothing to lose after we scored our second

That was just so, so, sooooooo disappointing.
I am used to the roller coaster of emotions that comes with following Spurs, but this morning I just feel, well, kind of 'flat'.
Such an opportunity missed. And it was in our control to win that opportunity and we gave it away.
I don't feel angry (except yesterday evening when someone said 'well done' to me - I did lose it a bit then!), just really deflated.
I know how good this season has been, how good this team is, how we are building something potentially very great, how this season has already gone beyond my expectations. And the optimism and feel good will return soon, I am sure.
But right now, at this moment, I want it to be yesterday morning again, so that I don't have to feel like this today.

Oliver was good, but both Dier and Bellerin should have been sent off if he were to be consistent. Disappointed we didn't hold on to the lead, and it now means the league is for Leicester to lose. But we just have to keep going and not worry about the other teams. We can still win two massive trophys!

100% right

Even Keown said it on MOTD - you can clearly see Dier should have gone but Bellerin did the same thing and should have gone too

As frustrated as i am about today's draw, i'm fascinated to know how it happened from a tactical point of view as to how we let a lead slip vs 10 men.
What i mean is how did Arsenal do it? I don't just mean the goal i'm talking about how Arsenal were able to gain control of the game (whereby they had clearer chances to win after the equaliser) even though we are renowned for being hard to play against AND we had a man advantage?

It NEVER happens to us (usually) when we are in their position vs a top 4/5 team and there are a few teams who routinely cope with a man down: Mourinho's teams and Rafa's teams seem particularly adept at coping. If they get back into it they tend to rely on that great equalising factor when a man down: the set-piece. Arsenal's goal was odd and interesting to me as it was not from a set-piece.
On the flipside if it was us who went down to ten men vs them you can bet your last pound that we wouldn't have comeback like that; in fact usually we are spanked in similar circumstances vs a top 4/5 side.

So basically, how did Arsenal do it? Was the fact they seemed to have players like Ramsay, Bellerin and Sanchez who like to make fast runs from deep a big factor?
Very intriguing....

Honestly ... They had nothing to lose so pushed further forward. They made sub to bring on another striker ut also ousted Sanchez up front

They then moved Ramsey central rather than wide and pushed Bellerin forward as a wing back style

The biggest disappointment for me yesterday was our terrible crossing... As usual, with the full backs flying forward, we get in good positions and then waste the final ball...

Sometimes along the ground, sometimes way over the top or just misdirected..

Add to that the generally terrible free kicks and corners that we take and we wasted 10 possible goal scoring positions yesterday.. All they have to do is get the f***ing ball in the right zone but they cant do it... Are they unaware as nobody seems to moan and the same players are doing it...

I am obviously upset we didn't keep the lead but had we scored 1 goal from the ten wasted opportunities we would probably gave won.

We must win our next two games and hope Leicester slip up against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and palace... I can't see how a*****l can win it now so that is good but this has been a disappointing 4 days...

Come on you Spurs....and Saudi Sportswashing Machine....and Palace...

Also not mentioned here did anyone else at the game get really annoyed every time Ospina took a goal kick their fans changed oooooooooooooooooooo...spinaaaaaaa!!

fudgewits.

The biggest disappointment for me yesterday was our terrible crossing... As usual, with the full backs flying forward, we get in good positions and then waste the final ball...

Add to that the generally terrible free kicks and corners that we take and we wasted 10 possible goal scoring positions yesterday.. All they have to do is get the f***ing ball in the right zone but they cant do it... Are they unaware as nobody seems to moan and the same players are doing it...

I am obviously upset we didn't keep the lead but had we scored 1 goal from the ten wasted opportunities we would probably gave won.

We must win our next two games and hope Leicester slip up against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and palace... I can't see how a*****l can win it now so that is good but this has been a disappointing 4 days...

Two teams you want to play at the moment... Saudi Sportswashing Machine and palace

On a relevant note... It chucked it down for about ten minutes yesterday and I wonder if that changed the game slightly. Certainly made the Possesion of the ball more important

Hmmm, still trying to digest my thoughts about this game...

Went to WHL hoping to be one of the lucky few to get to watch a Spurs team go top of the league (it was back in the 1960s the last time we topped the table in the latter half of a season) and for a few minutes it looked like it might happen.

Then the Goons get that damned equaliser and all of a sudden I'm having flashbacks to us losing to 10 Emirates Marketing Project back in 2004.

Thankfully our current team are far better than the dross we had back then but when I heard that the Spammers came from behind to win against 10 man Everton I couldn't but help think why didn't we do that.

So whilst we've faced 2 very tough fixtures this week and the injuries to Dembele plus Alli are untimely, it still feels like we've missed the opportunity to put some pressure on the Goons and Foxes.

Poch has worked wonders with this team of youngsters and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that (should we finish above all 5 of the wealthiest teams in the land) we don't end up falling just short of glory due to some 5000-1 upstarts from the Midlands.

It seems like Walker's crosses are more dangerous when he just shoots into the box (ref the Lamela deflection that could've gone in in the first half) - he should just do that instead of trying to cross, as he seems to be vaccinated from completing a cross. I agree regarding our corners - I can't for the life of me understand why Eriksen still takes them (or why he takes them so badly). Lamela should whip them in.

To hope from anything from Palace and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at this point - not very realistic, I'm afraid. I think Leicester can slip up further down the line though. We just need to stay focused and do our job with our coming fixtures. A couple of wins against Villa and Bournemouth, get the confidence back up.

I still have the bad feeling from yesterday in me as well. Still haven't watched the goals, even though Kane's was a beauty. Would've watched them 40 times by now if we actually won. Goddamnit. fudging gooners.

I still have the bad feeling from yesterday in me as well. Still haven't watched the goals, even though Kane's was a beauty. Would've watched them 40 times by now if we actually won. Goddamnit. fudgeing gooners.

Watching Match of the Day gave me a bit of closure having been at the game....

Though you sort of did realise that Ospina had a bit of a blinder.....which is also frustrating.

I feel like us and the Goons are sort of taking each other out a bit which will allow Leicester to win the whole bloody thing.

Just woken up. Still down about the result.

Can't help but think of we just were more organised and didn't go for the third we would have been ok.

The rain didn't help us either I don't think. Gosh even planet earth is against us at times. It's just so typical of Arsenal. They just always seem to get that bit of luck.

Lloris should have saved both. Never seen him make two mistakes in a game.

Just a disappointment. Need Thursday to come and we get a favourable result to get this out my system.

Massive chance lost! Of all teams it had to be Arsenal.

A different day and a slightly different feeling over it.

Lost in the drama of the match you tend to lose sight of things, well I do anyway. Only this morning have I seen the stats.

BBC have Ospina as MOTM. (So obvious that would happen, how many times does this happen at WHL?) and checked out the stats.
26 shots to 10 with 11 on target to their 4.
At the time it didnt feel as one-sided as that. As long as we can keep getting that many shots on target each match we will do well. Just need to get better quality on our finishing.

Just woken up. Still down about the result.

Can't help but think of we just were more organised and didn't go for the third we would have been ok.

The rain didn't help us either I don't think. Gosh even planet earth is against us at times. It's just so typical of Arsenal. They just always seem to get that bit of luck.

Lloris should have saved both. Never seen him make two mistakes in a game.

Just a disappointment. Need Thursday to come and we get a favourable result to get this out my system.

Massive chance lost! Of all teams it had to be Arsenal.

To be fair we did get a few chances. The best one was from Kane which looked like it was beating Ospina but just went wide of his right hand post. As you say had we gone 3-1 it was game over

Back