• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

1. Please define what you mean by "best."

2. Does the current table lie? Has it been lying all season?

The table lies until 38 games are fine and everyone has played everyone home and away IMO

You could play all games at home for 19 games - would that be a fair reflection

It's why they talk about judging everything at the end not the beginning or 2/3rds the way though.

My opinion is were the best team in the league. Scored the most, conceded the least, won the most tackles etc.... But after 38 games it will be the points that matter

The table lies until 38 games are fine and everyone has played everyone home and away IMO

You could play all games at home for 19 games - would that be a fair reflection

It's why they talk about judging everything at the end not the beginning or 2/3rds the way though.

My opinion is were the best team in the league. Scored the most, conceded the least, won the most tackles etc.... But after 38 games it will be the points that matter

Totally agree. We've been the best, and most consistent, and I believe it will show at the end of the season.

Variance and luck influences the results of football matches enough that to say that because one team is ahead of another in the table they're the better team or have been the better team becomes a mistake for me.

And yes that includes after a full season too imo.

Poch Poch Poch.

First rule of Nth London Derbies. You don't make quotes like this in the lead up:

'If they have players that have the advantage to win the title, what happened against Manchester United or Swansea last night?' he said.

It's all your fault.

"How we show character is not to kick someone but to take the ball and take risks in different positions in the game."

All GGers perpetually arguing we should become more cynical, please take note.

have you ever played competitive sports? kicking someone is not the same as being more cynical.

Poch Poch Poch.

First rule of Nth London Derbies. You don't make quotes like this in the lead up:

'If they have players that have the advantage to win the title, what happened against Manchester United or Swansea last night?' he said.

It's all your fault.

I think we've gotta get used to the fact that because Derbies are equalisers for quality we're probably gonna fail to pick up points against them that we should, given that we are now really good.

We've benefitted from it a lot over the last few years, and now we've just gotta hope our consistency against other teams this year will give us the bragging rights that truly matter.

Chavs now linked with him again.
Been discussed on Sunday supplement but seemed to be viewed as unlikely.
Source from Sunday Times.

Not concerned in the slightest. Going Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern etc is not really in keeping with his ethos from my perspective. Everything he seems to demand and want in terms of atmosphere at his club is never a likely occurrence at the above clubs. I could see Man Ute being attractive given the history with youngsters and their standing generally, certainly more appealing than the circus in West London.

I would be most concerned if Simeone leaves Atletico as try might see Pochettino as a seamless replacement and he would probably have interest culturally in that job.

I don't see him leaving in the next couple of seasons and would expect him to be in charge when we move into the new stadium.

Not concerned in the slightest. Going Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern etc is not really in keeping with his ethos from my perspective. Everything he seems to demand and want in terms of atmosphere at his club is never a likely occurrence at the above clubs. I could see Man Ute being attractive given the history with youngsters and their standing generally, certainly more appealing than the circus in West London.

I would be most concerned if Simeone leaves Atletico as try might see Pochettino as a seamless replacement and he would probably have interest culturally in that job.

I don't see him leaving in the next couple of seasons and would expect him to be in charge when we move into the new stadium.

Not sure Atletico could tempt away players/managers from us tbh

Not sure Atletico could tempt away players/managers from us tbh

I think the pull for a Latin American towards big Spanish clubs is not to be underestimated. Atletico are a very good side that would fit with his philosophy so I wouldn't want my theory put to the test.

Common sense tells me he same. But there was a mention that Poch s representatives were quite open, wrt the idea.
Whilst I hear he doesn't have an agent, he may have some people who act as a go between.
If it was a tabloid I'd be less concerned.

But when you look at both club's trajectories etc, I'm hopeful there's nothing to see.

My understanding is that kicking someone deliberately is always cynical, full stop.
yeah but you don't have to kick someone to play cynically. distracting an opponent, nudges, ankle tapping, anticipating for a foul...at least 50 shades in there.

oh, and this too, but today it'll land you in a sexual assault lawsuit lol
Paul-Gascoigne-Football_71255.jpg

Tottenham open talks with Mauricio Pochettino over new deal to fend off Man United and Chelsea interest

Pochettino is in demand after overseeing a brilliant transformation job at White Hart Lane but Spurs aren't panicked by the interest

Tottenham have opened talks with Mauricio Pochettino over a new contract.

Boss Pochettino is a man in demand after overseeing a brilliant transformation job at White Hart Lane.

Manchester United and Chelsea both have the Argentinian on their wanted lists in their respective searches for a new manager.

Spurs aren’t being panicked by the interest in their manager, who has three and a half years left on his current £3.5m-a-year deal, and are confident he wants to stay.

But they still want to reward the Argentinian for the work he has done in his first two seasons in charge by handing him an improved deal.

Spurs have exceeded expectations under Pochettino this season, are leaders Leicester’s closest challengers for the title and set to comfortably clinch a Champions League place.

Chairman Daniel Levy recognises Pochettino is the key man behind Tottenham’s improvement and wants him tied down to a new deal.

Pochettino is in no rush to put pen to paper but only because his priority is things on the pitch with Spurs also challenging in the Europa League.

They travel to Borussia Dortmund on Thursday for the first leg of their last-16 tie on Thursday.

But Spurs are aiming to get the situation finalised once the season has finished.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...tenham-open-talks-mauricio-pochettino-7513166

Big BIG game coming up for Poch on Thursday vs Dortmund. I think this might be considered his biggest with us in terms of prestige, test of tactical strengths etc.

If we win the tie overall his and our stock will surely soar beyond belief...i expect he'll know this and play a very strong side..

poor result for us but a good reality check against a good side that plays good football.

tuchlers got dortmund attacking in waves in a very direct manner; it is very nice to watch.

Back