• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

According to several papers (none of which are exactly what I'd call reliable sources, mind) we're lodging another bid for Berahino in the next day or two... the Mail says £17m, the Standard says £18m. We shall see.

We'd've bid weeks ago if we had any interest.

There's no big transfers happening anywhere this window, but papers still need stories to sell

We'd've bid weeks ago if we had any interest.

There's no big transfers happening anywhere this window, but papers still need stories to sell

Not sure about that. Leaving it until later puts more pressure on Peace, Pulis and WBA. Seems a bit like a Levy special...

£12m bid on deadline day. Settle for £15m with plenty of Levy-clauses. Wouldn't surprise me.

Not sure about that. Leaving it until later puts more pressure on Peace, Pulis and WBA. Seems a bit like a Levy special...

£12m bid on deadline day. Settle for £15m with plenty of Levy-clauses. Wouldn't surprise me.

I still think this will be the only deal we'll do. Something like 18 million on Deadline Day. Peace gets some $, Saido gets his move, and Poch gets his second striker. He's only 22, and as bad has this season has gone for him, I'd imagine if Poch had us bid three times in the summer, he'll still want him six months later.

I still think this will be the only deal we'll do. Something like 18 million on Deadline Day. Peace gets some $, Saido gets his move, and Poch gets his second striker. He's only 22, and as bad has this season has gone for him, I'd imagine if Poch had us bid three times in the summer, he'll still want him six months later.
I have to say, the Poch quotes earlier in the window about not signing players with a bad attitude seem to have Levy's fingerprints all over them.

it will be too late for wba to spend the money by then.I think we get Dembele and some random loan signing like Gomis or Borini ,a player that will know his place and be happy to be part of the squad.

I have to say, the Poch quotes earlier in the window about not signing players with a bad attitude seem to have Levy's fingerprints all over them.
Really?

Seemed quite the opposite to me. Especially as Poch contextualized them with the memory of signing Osvaldo.

Really?

Seemed quite the opposite to me. Especially as Poch contextualized them with the memory of signing Osvaldo.
I tend to think that anything our club does is in some way a part of Levy's cloak and dagger strategy...

Although the quotes did seem genuine... A bit too genuine o_O

I do feel sorry for Saido. Mainly because there is little long term logic to Peace's strategy.

I'll keep that grumpy player who my manager does not want and does not play! So he loses even more value! That will show them whos boss!

I wonder if he's going to have a Peter Odemwingie style breakdown? Hire a helicopter and try to parachute into St James' Park/the Britannia on Monday evening

Back