• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

As I said earlier in this thread I think Berahino would suit us, but that is just my opinion. I also thought that Kane and Berahino played together for the England U21`s and did well/got good reviews or is it just wishful thinking from me? I am off to have a search and see if I can find any reports about them playing together.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...s-Kane-and-Berahino-lead-line-in-Croatia-test

I knew they had played together and both scored. Dont see why they couldn`t do it for us

As I said earlier in this thread I think Berahino would suit us, but that is just my opinion. I also thought that Kane and Berahino played together for the England U21`s and did well/got good reviews or is it just wishful thinking from me? I am off to have a search and see if I can find any reports about them playing together.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...s-Kane-and-Berahino-lead-line-in-Croatia-test

I knew they had played together and both scored. Dont see why they couldn`t do it for us

But Eriksen and Son are already better options in that LWF spot Berahino plays for the U21s

For what? scoring the goals that would have seen us win against Leicester and convert draws like Everton to 3 points?

That is not a particularly strong argument. Berahino wouldn't have guaranteed wins in those games and we have a very good record of getting goals from across the team.

Obviously, GB's insistence that Berahino is a LWF is nonsense.

I seriously wonder if some people have actually seen players that they comment about. I dont comment on match threads when I havent actually been to the game. You just dont see half what happens on the tv(especially bt sport) as they show random people in the crowd or focus on the bench half the time. When you are watching a game you see the runs players are making and the positions they take up off the ball not just follow the ball around.
To say Berahino is a left wing forward is mad. I must ask Gutter Boy are you a season ticket holder? Or do you just watch match of the day and you tube clips? I know we all see things differantly but come on Berahino a left winger?
And do people believe what they read in the papers? I believe a player has signed when I see it on the official website. So Gutter Boy do you actually go to games? Why do you think Berahino plays the same position as Eriksen or Son? He is a striker and those 2 are not

I seriously wonder if some people have actually seen players that they comment about. I dont comment on match threads when I havent actually been to the game. You just dont see half what happens on the tv(especially bt sport) as they show random people in the crowd or focus on the bench half the time. When you are watching a game you see the runs players are making and the positions they take up off the ball not just follow the ball around.
To say Berahino is a left wing forward is mad. I must ask Gutter Boy are you a season ticket holder? Or do you just watch match of the day and you tube clips? I know we all see things differantly but come on Berahino a left winger?
And do people believe what they read in the papers? I believe a player has signed when I see it on the official website. So Gutter Boy do you actually go to games? Why do you think Berahino plays the same position as Eriksen or Son? He is a striker and those 2 are not

Let's be kind. Berahino is a striker who can also play across the three positions behind. Similar to how Daniel Sturridge was at his age.

Our 'wing-forwards' play much of their football infield. With Kane dropping deep (as he does) then having one of those narrow attackers with the ability to do damage when running into the space left by Harry would make us more potent in attack, imo. Eriksen or Lamela, with Berahino and Kane, would get us more goals than Eriksen--Lamela--Kane, I think.

We're solid, we control possession, we're hard to beat. We just need something extra in the final 3rd, a consistent goal threat from someone other than Kane.

Its our chance to break into top 4. Its a worthwhile gamble for Levy to take. He is still young, i am sure we can get our money back if things don't work out.

Our 'wing-forwards' play much of their football infield. With Kane dropping deep (as he does) then having one of those narrow attackers with the ability to do damage when running into the space left by Harry would make us more potent in attack, imo. Eriksen or Lamela, with Berahino and Kane, would get us more goals than Eriksen--Lamela--Kane, I think.

We're solid, we control possession, we're hard to beat. We just need something extra in the final 3rd, a consistent goal threat from someone other than Kane.

One of them will still need to be in the three behind the forward at the very least (to offer us some playmaking ability there), but otherwise, spot on. Berahino in Lamela's position yesterday on that five-on-three breakway wouldn't have dragged it wide of the far post in a botched cut-back/shot attempt, he'd likely have gone near post like trur strikers tend to do. That 'pure' goalscoring instinct might be what we need popping up in those positions from time to time, as opposed to Lamela/Eriksen's focus on playmaking. Son might be that player as well, of course, but to my eyes it looks like he's also trying to be a playmaking inside forward as opposed to an out-and-out goalscorer.

That is not a particularly strong argument. Berahino wouldn't have guaranteed wins in those games and we have a very good record of getting goals from across the team.

Obviously, GB's insistence that Berahino is a LWF is nonsense.

It's where he played when him and Kane played together for the U21s. It's where he's featuring at the moment. And it's where he'd most likely feature in our system.

Walcott thinks he's a CF too, but he's spent 90% of his career at RWF, because that's where players like that feature in modern systems.

I go to just about all home cup games (European and domestic). I've not really enjoyed the atmosphere of league games since the Jol days, so give them a miss (I also play and coach at weekends)

This argument though probably needs a Hawthorns ST holder

The point being made everywhere, and by Pochettino, is to bring in someone who can play at the same time as Kane. Playing Berahino on the left of our system seems to be one of the most frequently proposed ideas to make that happen.

Pulis has played Berahino on the left for WBA.

It's where he played when him and Kane played together for the U21s. It's where he's featuring at the moment. And it's where he'd most likely feature in our system.

Walcott thinks he's a CF too, but he's spent 90% of his career at RWF, because that's where players like that feature in modern systems.

He is coming on a forward

McLean is playing Left wing. They play two up when he comes on more now

The point being made everywhere, and by Pochettino, is to bring in someone who can play at the same time as Kane. Playing Berahino on the left of our system seems to be one of the most frequently proposed ideas to make that happen.

And the middle and the right and CF
He can play all of those positions but cab okay a genuine striker which other than Kane we don't have another

Doesn't really matter to me on how far Berahino drifts left or right of GMT.. he has a track record of putting the ball in the back of the net, with not a too dissimilar record to Kane, especially given the situation he has found himself in this season.
Sign him up please.

I go to just about all home cup games (European and domestic). I've not really enjoyed the atmosphere of league games since the Jol days, so give them a miss (I also play and coach at weekends)

This argument though probably needs a Hawthorns ST holder

Yes I know what you mean about home games the "digging out" of certain players by some people drives me mad. Even if a player is having a bad game, whiile they are playing we should encourage and try to lift them, not moan at every touch!

And yes I would love to hear a baggies fans view on him, aithough after the summer I suspect that they have mixed feelings about him after declaring he did not want to play again under the current leadership.

As I have said before I think Berahino would benefit from Pochs coaching. I just feel we could do with a player like him to give us another dimension in attack, altthough there cant be too much wrong. When was the last time we had a goal difference like now?

Yes Berahino can play on the left - that's kind of the point of why a lot of people have been saying he's a good option for us - he can cover CF whilst being able to play LWF(RWF too), it gives us more options than other players who only play through the middle.

The issue has been GB saying that Berahino isn't a CF and so he won't be covering Kane - he says this even though he admits he has barely seen him play for WBA and only seen him play for the U21s - where he plays off the left. Kind of like saying Vertonghen isn't a CB because he plays LB for Belgium. He keeps saying it even though he's talking to people who have seen him play for WBA more than he has.

Back