• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Superspur vs Leicester OMT: The Sequel ***

We should easily pass the ball from side to side in their half and eventually create space in the middle to make something happen .

Apart from some surprising space down the left (especially when Lamela's picking up that side), we're seeing largely the same pattern we saw in the FA Cup game: shots from range, blocked by Leiciester defenders.

We'll need these corners to be more accurate, I think. We aren't going to get many chances from open play.
I think we can create a lot of space in the middle if we use our flanks, but we need to keep the ball moving fast. Hitting crosses arent doing us much good.

I think we can create a lot of space in the middle if we use our flanks, but we need to keep the ball moving fast. Hitting crosses arent doing us much good.

I'm inclined to agree, but I'm not comfortable with Carroll's positioning on breakways: he seems to be too easily bypassed by their midfielders when they do get forward after a move breaks down. The faster we play it around, the greater the chance of a Leiciester break that leaves them three-on-three (given Carroll's relatively poor defensive work so far and their propensity to throw both strikers up plus a winger at the earliest opportunity).

Tough game, we made a bright start but hard going in the last 15-20 minutes of the half.

We need more from Harry imo, this game will probably be won on a bit of individual brilliance. We have to hope it's one of ours that produces it.

The problem continues...no movement in the final third and the final ball needs to be played in earlier. More over elaboration from some players and Leicester have acres of time to get behind the ball.

Great opening 10/15mins but evened out a little. I think it might need a penalty for us to break the deadlock, cant see us breaking them down otherwise, or a deflected long range shot.
My biggest fear is a late sucker-punch

I wonder if Mousa will appear in the last 20? If so, he will be the difference maker I think, though you can see Poch has his fittest 11 out there. Davies is probably a wise choice; Rose would certainly have been a bit better going forward, but you suspect Mahrez might've wound him into something. Really tight game, as enjoyable as dancing on a glass edge can be. I feel we have one chance too many for them though. It feels like we will edge this.

Game has passed carroll by a bit get moussa on as we need to keep the ball in higher areas up the pitch. As of now we had a good 20mins but are playing into their hands. They look set up to break and they have caught us cold 2/3 times when full backs are out of positon. We have reverted to hopeful clipped balls forward or relying on full back deliveries (which habe been a mixed bag) into a crowded box. We are playing into their hands a littl I fear but maybe it's cause I feel a little pessimistic

Dembele for Carroll at half time please Poch. Be brave. Like so many matches we dominate, but do we create genuine chances? Worrying. They'll get stronger in the second half. We should take the initiative and get dembele on who can drive through their defence and commit players. Tippy tappy is so easy to defend against.

We're the better side and it feels like we're more likely to score. But it's not a foregone conclusion... Leicester really aren't where they are because of a string of fluke results - they're a defensively solid team with a couple of forwards at the peak of their game. Still think we'll nick it though.

But I always do.

The problem continues...no movement in the final third and the final ball needs to be played in earlier. More over elaboration from some players and Leicester have acres of time to get behind the ball.

I think once Leicester showed their counter, we became a bit more conservative (understandably - their breakaway pace is blistering). It' a chess match in that sense.

Yes, by the time we tippy-tappied our way to the edge of their box they have everyone back and just end up whacking the ball against bodies

Been watching on my phone so I haven't had a chance to see opinions on here yet.

I think we've done a good job of playing football despite their desperate attempts to ensure no football was played whatsoever.

If the ref knew where his balls or his cards were we'd probably only have to play the 2nd half against 9 or 10 Div1 thugs.

Back