• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The post transfer window discussion

Hopeful for Sonny and Nige, but unless one can play up top the lack of a replacement for Harry is ridiculous. Surely the black box could've identified someone other than Bera?

Out goings mostly good, would've liked 1 more ;)

Considering how Kane, Mason and Bentaleb stepped up surprisingly to save us last season, it's perhaps interesting that Veljkovic didn't go out on loan and that Coulthirst is back at the end of October. A CDM and CF

Hopeful for Sonny and Nige, but unless one can play up top the lack of a replacement for Harry is ridiculous. Surely the black box could've identified someone other than Bera?

Out goings mostly good, would've liked 1 more ;)

Martial and Werner to name two.

Kept Lloris, strengthened defence and midfield but not signing a striker is criminal, even Austin at 6pm would have been enough until January.

Considering how Kane, Mason and Bentaleb stepped up surprisingly to save us last season, it's perhaps interesting that Veljkovic didn't go out on loan and that Coulthirst is back at the end of October. A CDM and CF

Didn't Veljkovic go to Portugal in the end? I thought he had.

Kept Lloris, strengthened defence and midfield but not signing a striker is criminal, even Austin at 6pm would have been enough until January.

£15m on another Rasiack/Booth? Not being able to spend for the next two windows till we have sold him.

Better to have nothing than more crap.

Isn't Vejlkovic primarily a CB? How has Coulthirst been doing for the youngsters? A loan to Wigan should implicate he's pretty far off being ready for the Premier League, but any backup is better than no backup.

I think we should get Berba in on a free.

Excited about N'Jie and Son, but quite skeptical of both as well. Really don't know much about either. Alderweireld is already proving to be a good buy, I think. I'd like to see Trippier get a chance ahead of Walker soon too. Hopefully we'll see more of Wimmer in the cup games.

Glad we've gotten rid of a lot of deadwood, but was really hoping for a CF and a CDM. Think we're looking a bit thin.

Isn't Vejlkovic primarily a CB? How has Coulthirst been doing for the youngsters? A loan to Wigan should implicate he's pretty far off being ready for the Premier League, but any backup is better than no backup.

I think we should get Berba in on a free.

Excited about N'Jie and Son, but quite skeptical of both as well. Really don't know much about either. Alderweireld is already proving to be a good buy, I think. I'd like to see Trippier get a chance ahead of Walker soon too. Hopefully we'll see more of Wimmer in the cup games.

Glad we've gotten rid of a lot of deadwood, but was really hoping for a CF and a CDM. Think we're looking a bit thin.

Milos plays both - no one seems sure which will be his final position

Coulthirst might do for the cups

It's a myth you can sign free agents after the window bricks

De Gea deal falling through means we held on to Lloris until January at least. Though meant Levy had no cash to spend today. 6/10

Defence looks stronger, some good additions. 8/10

Midfield looks a bit confused, a lot of similar players. Glad Pritchard, Carroll are with the club this season. Son looks a good signing. Lamela is surplus to requirements but Levy didn't want to make a loss on him. Sad to see Lennon go, been badly treated and sold for peanuts to a rival, crazy. 7/10

Very short up front, have to rely on Ade in EL. 2/10

Overall 5/10

I have a weird feeling that we're not at all as bad off as it seems.. but we won't get to realize this until Europa league games are played and our younger players are given a real chance.

Carroll, Pritchard, Trippier, and Winks could all be upgrades on what we're running out there right now if they get a run of games to prove it.

My only slight worry is I don't know who will step up to backup Harry in that #9 role. Could be a youth player, could be Son?

july8_night_aerial_view730.jpg

It's what the last 6 years have been about

It's what the next 3 years will be about

I really don't understand how people can still believe any different.

I have a weird feeling that we're not at all as bad off as it seems.. but we won't get to realize this until Europa league games are played and our younger players are given a real chance.

Carroll, Pritchard, Trippier, and Winks could all be upgrades on what we're running out there right now if they get a run of games to prove it.

My only slight worry is I don't know who will step up to backup Harry in that #9 role. Could be a youth player, could be Son?

Most likely is that we need Njie to step up. I know people talk about Chadli as being an option as a CF, but I dont think any of us have seen him play there and not many players change position at the age of 26

signed some good players, sold some crap ones, didn't lose any of our spine

could have done with another MF and CF, although I can't think of any who moved that would have improved us that didn't go to a bigger team

squad is stronger than it was at the end of last season

7/10

Started of steady going very well on the day we bought Toby and announced the new stadium and NFL link-up.

All that good work has been nullified by the fact we have allowed ourselves to get into a position whereby we have only ONE (1!) bonafide centre forward.
A complete joke and Levy/The board have NO EXCUSES WHATSOEVER.

We've seen it all before so now it is clear when this sort of underwhelming window happens it's not down to the manager but down to Levy and his methods of chasing players and sealing deals - it has happened under too many managers now.
To expect N'Jie and Son to "play back-up to Kane" in the CF position when they are not only joining a new league, but likely having to acclimatise to a new culture in their personal lives is wishful thinking at best.
I'm not even going to mention the older CM/DCM we CLEARLY need.

Just pray that Kane doesn't get an injury on England duty this week. In fact, can he pull out with an 'injury' ASAP please?

From brilliant to shambles.

Started of steady going very well on the day we bought Toby and announced the new stadium and NFL link-up.

All that good work has been nullified by the fact we have allowed ourselves to get into a position whereby we have only ONE (1!) bonafide centre forward.
A complete joke and Levy/The board have NO EXCUSES WHATSOEVER.

We've seen it all before so now it is clear when this sort of underwhelming window happens it's not down to the manager but down to Levy and his methods of chasing players and sealing deals - it has happened under too many managers now.
To expect N'Jie and Son to "play back-up to Kane" in the CF position when they are not only joining a new league, but likely having to acclimatise to a new culture in their personal lives is wishful thinking at best.
I'm not even going to mention the older CM/DCM we CLEARLY need.

Just pray that Kane doesn't get an injury on England duty this week. In fact, can he pull out with an 'injury' ASAP please?

From brilliant to shambles.

What would you have done different?

Back