• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

We. Don't. Desperately. Need. A striker.

Would be nice to have one more, but we'll be fine. Come January we can always get someone, if we don't see goals from the current squad.

What happens if Kane gets injured on international duty this week? We rely on Njie for all games?

What happens if Kane gets injured on international duty this week? We rely on Njie for all games?

giphy.gif

Yes. And Son. And Eriksen. And Chadli. And Mason. And Alli. And Pritchard. And Bentaleb. And a host of other players that I'm sure can score goals. It's really not as big a disaster as many people are painting it. It's not like we're chasing the PL title and CL final. It's a building season, for goodness sake.

Yes and Son.

It's the same if Rose gets injured. We then rely on Davies. If Alderweireld gets injured, we rely on Dier or Wimmer but if Dier we have to shuffle our midfield.

I am gutted we didn't sign a striker, but that's the way it is. We could conceivably recall some of our loan options, but to be fair it's no different to what would have happened if Kane got an injury last year. Except it wouldn't be N'Jie. It would be Soldado.

BBC reporting West Brom told them our final offer for Berahino (an unspecified figure) was for only £5m to be paid up front, and the rest in staggered payments. They say they asked Spurs and the £5m figure was disputed, but when asked for clarification, there was no response.

What a fuсking ѕhіt sandwich. One recognised striker in 4 competitions? Beggars belief, frankly. Pardew in by Christmas, then. He'll probably have more sense, though.

Yes. And Son. And Eriksen. And Chadli. And Mason. And Alli. And Pritchard. And Bentaleb. And a host of other players that I'm sure can score goals. It's really not as big a disaster as many people are painting it. It's not like we're chasing the PL title and CL final. It's a building season, for goodness sake.

What was last season? A building season, I suppose. What will next season be if (like this one) we go into it horribly unprepared and drop nine points in the first four games? Another building season, I suppose.

What's Poch building, the Great Pyramid of Giza?

I agree with you that all those players listed should/could get goals. Some the more senior ones should be hitting double figures. I feel gutted for Kane the lad will be putting more pressure on himself. We all saw against Everton the lad is low on confidence he just needs one to go in and he we almost become the player he was last season (hopefully).

Between now and January we will play 22 games, with one striker. Yes some players can play upfront but we saw against Stoke when Chadli went upfront he offered nothing, your asking players to do a job. Im fairly confident to say Berahino was our 1st choice striker we wanted,but we havent been able to sign him now thats fine not all deals can be done. The fact we have had 60 days and have a team of people in place to identify targets and we just kept going back to Berahino leaves me annoyed and in shock.

I agree with you that all those players listed should/could get goals. Some the more senior ones should be hitting double figures. I feel gutted for Kane the lad will be putting more pressure on himself. We all saw against Everton the lad is low on confidence he just needs one to go in and he we almost become the player he was last season (hopefully).

Between now and January we will play 22 games, with one striker. Yes some players can play upfront but we saw against Stoke when Chadli went upfront he offered nothing, your asking players to do a job. Im fairly confident to say Berahino was our 1st choice striker we wanted,but we havent been able to sign him now thats fine not all deals can be done. The fact we have had 60 days and have a team of people in place to identify targets and we just kept going back to Berahino leaves me annoyed and in shock.
With the alternative being "get someone in. Anyone!" I don't think that's how you build a team. If we didn't have a plan B, maybe it was because the plan B's were short term stop gaps. But when you're building a team, you don't do stop gap. Methinks.

BBC reporting West Brom told them our final offer for Berahino (an unspecified figure) was for only £5m to be paid up front, and the rest in staggered payments. They say they asked Spurs and the £5m figure was disputed, but when asked for clarification, there was no response.

What a fuсking ѕhіt sandwich. One recognised striker in 4 competitions? Beggars belief, frankly. Pardew in by Christmas, then. He'll probably have more sense, though.
All other sources say that was our 1st offer, not last.

I think that is less of a problem now that we have pacey players to play off Chadli/Lamela/Dembele. It is not ideal but I do not think that it is the disaster some are making out.

I can't see him being very successful in a Poch team

Maybe you're right. He wasn't exactly a hard worker. It appears we can't just sign free agents outside the transfer window anyway, so we have to make due with what we have. Maybe Lamela could do a job up front if Kane gets injured.

Back