• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

To take each of those in turn....

10/11. I would say that VDV was not available (especially not to us) until the last day of the window.

11/12. I think we could've got Parker earlier, but I don't think it would've altered either of the two results.

12/13. I think we missed out badly here and securing signings earlier would've been likely to have resulted in us winning more points. I think all three players could've been secured earlier in the window as well. I think in this instance not doing our business earlier probably cost us qualification for the CL in place of Ar5ena1.

13/14. I'm not sure that we could've done any better in that window really and I don't think signing Eriksen earlier would've made any positive difference to the start we had that season.

14/15. We did our business early, but as far as I remember none of the players we signed actually played in those early games - so I don't think you can link doing the business early to getting early wins?

15/16. I think we have probably missed out on 2 points (possibly more) so far this season by going into the season with only one striker. I think our initial move for Berahino should've been made earlier.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying.

10/11. He wasn't for sure. But I can't believe we didn't spend more this window given that we had CL

11/12. I think we would have conceded less, and might have gotten points. We were a completely different side once Parker joined.

12/13. I agree

13/14. We were very lucky to win those first two games.

14/15. Who scored the winner in our opening game again? ;) Also, in this window we didn't lose any key players.

15/16. Given how many times we've been one or two points away from cl, I'd say that's quite a big deal.

We want the player.. send someone up there to get the deal made then. Absolute bull that it takes a week to negotiate. And absolutely although no surprise you think its WBA and not Levy at fault.

Ha! Well, I can only say that you and I just see it differently.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...ansfer-works-from-the-scouting-to-the-signing

See how it says there are normally 3-4 bids. There is no evidence to suggest that the way to do it is to "send someone up there to get the deal made then". That method of negotiation is only ever going to end up with one winner! It's a game of poker, and unless you've got the money to blow people out of the water and see their cards, you'll be playing till the last.

In answer to why I would think it's WBA's fault, let's use the Bale or Berbatov saga as an example. Who's fault was it that that dragged out for so long? The selling club. The richest club in the world couldn't force an early sale even though every man and his dog knew the player would move.

The majority of the MB knew it would take 25m to get him..

And the biggest hogwash of all this.. if we want him.. why wait a week between bids. This WBA geezer has already turned over his royal flush FFS, but here's Levy trying to bluff his pair of three's still.

It wouldn't matter what we offered early on, WBA would have still rejected it. They are holding out until the end of the transfer window because they can. The longer they hold on, the more money they get no matter what the initial bid was and whilst SB is sitting at home every Saturday he's not scoring goals for anyone else, so not doing WBA any harm.

Once again. Until the transfer window closes before the season begins, this will happen every season. People need to get over it.

It wouldn't matter what we offered early on, WBA would have still rejected it. They are holding out until the end of the transfer window because they can. The longer they hold on, the more money they get no matter what the initial bid was and whilst SB is sitting at home every Saturday he's not scoring goals for anyone else, so not doing WBA any harm.

Once again. Until the transfer window closes before the season begins, this will happen every season. People need to get over it.

Except for the 60+ players to have been transferred already yeah

Or the few hundred around Europe... or the 500 around the globe. Don't get me started about the Galaxian League. ;)

Except for the 60+ players to have been transferred already yeah

Of course relatively cheap players who may have fallen out of favour at other clubs move on before the window closes. I'd take a punt that the majority of the 60+ so far fall into that category.

Signing a player who is key to another club and that club want to hold on to (or be seen to want to hold on to) well before the window closes? Forget about it.

My comment wasn't necessairly criticism of the club. I just pointed out the fact that our signings are not happening in time for whatever reason. It's costing us points and it's annoying. Maybe there's nothing the club can do, but it's still annoying.

Conversely, new signing Alderweireld played and gave away a needless penalty, leading to the collapse against Stoke.

It goes both ways, there are no guarantees. "New signings = wins" simply isn't a nuanced enough argument to be convincing.

Of course relatively cheap players who may have fallen out of favour at other clubs move on before the window closes. I'd take a punt that the majority of the 60+ so far fall into that category.

Signing a player who is key to another club and that club want to hold on to (or be seen to want to hold on to) well before the window closes? Forget about it.

Stop making crap up to fit your argument. ;)

Ha! Well, I can only say that you and I just see it differently.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...ansfer-works-from-the-scouting-to-the-signing

See how it says there are normally 3-4 bids. There is no evidence to suggest that the way to do it is to "send someone up there to get the deal made then". That method of negotiation is only ever going to end up with one winner! It's a game of poker, and unless you've got the money to blow people out of the water and see their cards, you'll be playing till the last.

In answer to why I would think it's WBA's fault, let's use the Bale or Berbatov saga as an example. Who's fault was it that that dragged out for so long? The selling club. The richest club in the world couldn't force an early sale even though every man and his dog knew the player would move.

Sorry don't believe you would take that stance.. you would 100% IMO of course.. say that Madrid if they want Bale.. pay the money.. and Make it Madrid at fault. Your priority though is it can never ever be Levys fault

Last edited:
A perfect example of people creating their own truth without seeing both sides of the story IMO.
I'm trying to make an argument for late buisness costing us points, so naturally, i pick out the facts that suggests it. Just like you did to prove the opposite in your post. Tbf you made a lot of good points that I'd forgotten, like Luka sulking in the beginning of one season. We've been so close to CL so many times, and every point counts. Imo late buisness have cost us in the past, and this season. Probably not every season mentioned though. There are lots of reasons for us falling short, but late buisness is easier to do something about than players sulking or Hart having the game of his life.

I will be a while though.. got to pop to the shops for some Ham.. but by all means start the list. :ROSS:

I have two meeting this afternoon also.. so I may be able to comment later tonight. LOL

Seriously you want to go through all the Premier League deals to see if the player has fcuked off his current owners to get a move. Or similar. Dude life is too short, but you can fire away if you like.

Sorry don't believe you would take that stance.. you would 100% IMO of course.. say that Madrid if they want Bale.. pay the money.. and Make it Madrid at fault.

Sorry don't quite follow with the last bit. RM couldn't force the sale of Bale early despite putting in bids. Man United couldn't force the sale of Berbatov. Chelsea couldn't force the sale of Stones. Emirates Marketing Project cannot force the sale of De Bruyne.

If you hold the registration of a player that someone else wants, you hold the cards. If the player sulks, you hold the cards until the point that you need to make the decision which is the end of the window or the buyer is willing to walk away. In our situation, they know we need attacking reinforcements so they're playing their hand. They know that we will get desperate as the window goes on, so they know that the likelihood is that we will go higher, until that is we have identified another player that is equivalent. WBA are not saying they have rejected the bid because they want £25m. It is a belief from commentators that £25m would get the deal done, but if I was in Peace's position and received an opening offer of £25m to get the deal done, amidst interest from Man United as well I'd hold out. Why wouldn't I unless I thought the buyer was going to walk away.

I will be a while though.. got to pop to the shops for some Ham.. but by all means start the list. :ROSS:

I have two meeting this afternoon also.. so I may be able to comment later tonight. LOL

Seriously you want to go through all the Premier League deals to see if the player has fcuked off his current owners to get a move. Or similar. Dude life is too short, but you can fire away if you like.

No, my point was that the majority of those 60+ early sales were players who were willing to move and the clubs were willing to sell them. Hence they went through quickly and painlessly.

It's the deals where players are willing to move but clubs aren't willing to sell them (i.e SB) or where clubs are willing to sell but players aren't willing to move (i.e Ade) that go on to the very last minute. If the transfer window shut before the season started, these deals would still get done, but no one would be complaining about it 'costing us points'. Unfortunately it doesn't so people need to just accept it for what it is.

And no, I can't be arsed going through every transfer either.

Its like the Guardians of the Galaxy have come out this afternoon.. how much is Levy paying this mob. lol

Ha! Not being paid anything, I'm just giving my point of view. He's made plenty of mistakes but dragging player signings is not one of them. It's a completely irrational thing to do if you could avoid it and would go against his very principles that I think we are all agreed on which is "he's in it for the money".

Back