• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Capital One Cup 2015/16

FFS. The debacle last season where we had to rest players for Fiorentina away before the cup final a couple of days later, which our promising season season ended in the space of a couple of days, means that I'm sceptical of pushing for this trophy. Don't get me wrong, it's great to win something, but prioritising the cups is always a risky strategy as so many things can go wrong in a one-off game. Even when we've had supposedly "easy" double legged semi-finals in Burnley or Sheffield Utd we've still managed to make it difficult for ourselves. Was hoping we'd get a few easier draws where we can give chances to the likes of Pritchard, Dele Alli and Wimmer, and if we get to the final then great, but if not then it's no big deal.

But...it's never ok to lose to Arsenal especially not at home. I was there in 2010 and was absolutely furious with Redknapp for his team selection that day:

Pletikosa, Naughton, Bassong, Caulker, Assou-Ekotto, Bentley, Palacios, Livermore, Sandro, Dos Santos, Pavlyuchenko

Absolutely terrible - especially considering that IIRC it was Sandro and Caulker's debuts. We lost to two ridiculously bad penalty decisions but in all fariness we were lucky to get to extra time in the first place. I can accept putting out a reserve team and getting dingdonged on by Man Utd, but not by Arsenal. No way.

Go full strength and write-off the City match a few hours later.

Only 5 matches to silverware

I can agree with this, I am sick to death of putting the hope of a 4th place finish ( which in all honesty is the 3rd place of the losers) in front of actually winning a trophy.

Mickey Mouse Cup. Play the kids, target the FAC and EL.

It's Arsenal. Playing the kids against them is not an option. Poch would be crucified.

Wenger won't play the kids either. He doesn't do that these days. Just uses his squad a bit more. Besides, even back when he did regularly field young teams in the League Cup, he always put out a strong team whenever they drew Spurs.

Hope we only give them 3000 tickets again. Until they start giving us our full cup allocation at their place, they don't deserve any more.
Exactly, give the fudgers the bare minimum citing segregation issues as the reason

Play full strength. It's our biggest rivals, that's right, Arsenal are our biggest rivals, not Chelsea or Liverpool. We play a full strength team and go from there. The league cup is always a cup worth winning, especially as we're only two wins from the quarter finals.

Play full strength. It's our biggest rivals, that's right, Ar5ena1 are our biggest rivals, not Chel53a or Liverpool. We play a full strength team and go from there. The league cup is always a cup worth winning, especially as we're only two wins from the quarter finals.
I think the final ruined our last season. Even when we won it, we went into a negative spiral. The final should be at the end of the season, and the competition should be for teams not in Europe IMO.

Unfortunately I will be in Dubai for this one so wont be at the Lane. Can anyone recommend a bar in Dubai I would be able to watch this in?

Will be 01.45am there time so could be difficult?

Would've proffered a slightly easier tie so the youngsters could get a cup run going .

Do we go with the first team or the youngsters for this game, bearing in mind we have Emirates Marketing Project the following Saturday at 12.45pm?

I think so too . But if we go with it and then get a beating on Saturday, also looking leggy with it, we won't be to hard on the players will we?

We have to go for it. I know it's only the 3rd round, but it's Arsenal. I could live with resting some midfielders I guess, but I want Kane to play.

Back