• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

cHARLIE aUSTIN

If we sign Austin it will certainly be a backup or desperate signing.

No doubt ala fazio stambouli we will shift after a season

I think Austin a lot better than that. He would be very good cover for Kane (who we are in serious danger of burning out)

I agree to a certain extent. My fear is Levy passing on primary targets and hoping to get lucky with a few last ditch attempts.

By this time next week I wouldn't be surprised if he is a Tottenham player.I think Berhino is Man U bound and all we are doing is making it more expensive for them.He wouldn't risk handing in a transfer request based on Levy alone.

I think Austin a lot better than that. He would be very good cover for Kane (who we are in serious danger of burning out)

I do not disagree that he would be good cover for Kane however what I like about Berahino is that he would more likely play in the same team as Kane so he would not be isolated and it will give defences more problems to worry about. At the moment the plan seems to be shut down Kane and you tend to keep Spurs relatively quiet

Well I think we can do worse than Austin not that that is a reason to buy him. His stats favour quite well against Kane and I'd struggle to find a more suitable replacement to Kane that is really attainable. The thing that goes against him is the whole medical area but that can be worked around.

As to whether he can play with Kane, I think he can but it would require Kane to move from #9 to #10. I've not quite worked out whether that is something that I would want to happen or if that would be good. It doesn't really answer our pace problem, but he is proven in this league and scored a lot of goals for a poor QPR side.

I do think Berahino is the better option but at at least £10m less, I think it would be an option that should be thought about.

Well I think we can do worse than Austin not that that is a reason to buy him. His stats favour quite well against Kane and I'd struggle to find a more suitable replacement to Kane that is really attainable. The thing that goes against him is the whole medical area but that can be worked around.

As to whether he can play with Kane, I think he can but it would require Kane to move from #9 to #10. I've not quite worked out whether that is something that I would want to happen or if that would be good. It doesn't really answer our pace problem, but he is proven in this league and scored a lot of goals for a poor QPR side.

I do think Berahino is the better option but at at least £10m less, I think it would be an option that should be thought about.

I think we need both personally and it would give us a good blend of poacher type, line leader type and pacey attacker type whilst there all reasonably to very young

It seems to me that most people aren't against Austin. They're against Austin at £15m. Make it £10m and everyone would be more than happy if we signed him.

It seems to me that most people aren't against Austin. They're against Austin at £15m. Make it £10m and everyone would be more than happy if we signed him.

I think it's more a case of people not wanting just Austin. They understand that we have greater need of a more versatile type of striker. Austin would be great as backup to Kane, if he was prepared to play that role, but he wouldn't offer us pace or an option as wide forward.

Berahino, by contrast, covers all options - even if he isn't yet as good an out and out goalscorer as Austin.

I think it's more a case of people not wanting just Austin. They understand that we have greater need of a more versatile type of striker. Austin would be great as backup to Kane, if he was prepared to play that role, but he wouldn't offer us pace or an option as wide forward.

Berahino, by contrast, covers all options - even if he isn't yet as good an out and out goalscorer as Austin.
So you wouldn't take Austin at £10m, if Berahino doesn't come through? (should have qualified my original post with this).

Personally i don't care about the money.Its not as if we have a load of crack targets lined up that the extra 5 mill here or there is going to do the deal .This window has illustrated clearly that we are competing for 2nd tier players .There is no longer the belief in the football world that we are going to get CL anytime soon.Maybe it gets worse De'gea goes and man u slap 30 mill in front of Levy for LLoris and he throws his toys out the pram.If Austin is the best we can get then so be it.

Personally i don't care about the money.Its not as if we have a load of crack targets lined up that the extra 5 mill here or there is going to do the deal .This window has illustrated clearly that we are competing for 2nd tier players .There is no longer the belief in the football world that we are going to get CL anytime soon.Maybe it gets worse De'gea goes and man u slap 30 mill in front of Levy for LLoris and he throws his toys out the pram.If Austin is the best we can get then so be it.
It doesn't catch fire if we don't spend it by September.

After the last week of let downs, bet your bottom dollar Charlie is holding up a Spurs shirt on deadline day.

Completely against what Poch wants or needs but we will see Spurs Official with a load of annoying posts and videos about how good he is etc etc.

This window has turned into a complete farce by this stage - if we dont somehow pull out 2-3 good signings I can't see Poch lasting the season

I'm very impressed with how he is handling the situation he finds himself in.

Giving David Sullivan a great response to his comments and just carrying on as normal and scoring goals.

I'm very impressed with how he is handling the situation he finds himself in.

Giving David Sullivan a great response to his comments and just carrying on as normal and scoring goals.

Also very impressed with how he has handled himself....quite like the guy...well at least he wont be going to SPAM! idiots!

Back