• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Contrary to all the doom laden chat over the past few pages on this thread, I actually see West Brom's handling of this saga as a very positive sign.

Their very public revelation of every development (first bid, transfer request, second bid - all of which they they bravely and steadfastly turned down, of course) bears all the hallmarks of grandstanding; playing to the gallery; showing their fans they put up a good fight - and turning them against the player - before finally getting maximum value and agreeing to sell to the big, bad club from the capital (or whichever other club might enter the bidding). It all appears to be neatly orchestrated. Who knows....perhaps the deal has already been agreed and signed but West Brom insisted on being allowed this staged charade as part of the deal?

Certainly, if West Brom truly had no intention of selling Berahino, they wouldn't be acting like this. Coupled with their persistent hints that Berahino is available at the right price (and not including him in the last two squads), it's a nigh on certainty that he will be playing his football in different colours once the transfer window is closed.

Van Gaal: "[Fellaini] can play as a no.9 & a no.10. He can also play as a no.6 & no.8. This year he will play more as a no.9 & no.10."

They don't need Berahino, they've got Rooney and Fellaini.
They were after pedro and kane this summer ...

Contrary to all the doom laden chat over the past few pages on this thread, I actually see West Brom's handling of this saga as a very positive sign.

Their very public revelation of every development (first bid, transfer request, second bid - all of which they they bravely and steadfastly turned down, of course) bears all the hallmarks of grandstanding; playing to the gallery; showing their fans they put up a good fight - and turning them against the player - before finally getting maximum value and agreeing to sell to the big, bad club from the capital (or whichever other club might enter the bidding). It all appears to be neatly orchestrated. Who knows....perhaps the deal has already been agreed and signed but West Brom insisted on being allowed this staged charade as part of the deal?

Certainly, if West Brom truly had no intention of selling Berahino, they wouldn't be acting like this. Coupled with their persistent hints that Berahino is available at the right price (and not including him in the last two squads), it's a nigh on certainty that he will be playing his football in different colours once the transfer window is closed.

not white and blue then :-(

Hmm...

Seriously though, just be cause we offered Fazio to Brom for £5m they think they can get him for £5m too?? However, it does indicate that Stones is definitely Chelsea-bound. And since I like Faz, I would rather see him go to Everton, but that might hamper the Berahino deal, so off to Brom he goes.

Hmm...

Seriously though, just be cause we offered Fazio to Brom for £5m they think they can get him for £5m too?? However, it does indicate that Stones is definitely Chel53a-bound. And since I like Faz, I would rather see him go to Everton, but that might hamper the Berahino deal, so off to Brom he goes.
That's lovely that you've decided to send Fazio off to West Brom and all that, but you do realise the player has a say in where he goes or if he moves at all right?

Hmm...

Seriously though, just be cause we offered Fazio to Brom for £5m they think they can get him for £5m too?? However, it does indicate that Stones is definitely Chel53a-bound. And since I like Faz, I would rather see him go to Everton, but that might hamper the Berahino deal, so off to Brom he goes.

if Everton sell Stones for 35 mill then Levy will demand over 10 mill from them for Fazio....no brainer from Levy, and anyway that woulds still represent a good deal for Everton as Fazio is a good defender if given a good run in the team as he showed for us in that period before and after xmas.

If there isnt a bigger team in for him then they have nothing.

If there is a bigger team in for him then we won't get him anyway.

I agree with this.

my concern is how much time to we dedicate to this deal....with time running out if there is a 50/50 chance we will end up with nothing/egg on our face?

I agree with this.

my concern is how much time to we dedicate to this deal....with time running out if there is a 50/50 chance we will end up with nothing/egg on our face?
B_VlDkyUIAAXLP3.jpg
BTJN08aCUAEsD6G.jpg

There's a flurry of stories on NewsNow (though they all seem to be citing the same source - The Daily Star) suggesting Man United are about to make a bid for Berahino.

I can honestly say I have no idea how likely that might be. LvG is a mystery to me - I cannot discern any rhyme or reason behind his decisions and I've no clue what he might do next.

I can also honestly say that I'd be pretty gutted if we miss out on Berahino. I've not seen much of him; but he's always been quality when I have; and I really think he could be exactly what we need in attack.

Funny isn't it, the twittersphere is awash with 'he isn't worth £25m' lines, but people don't seem to get that football isn't like normal businesses. This isn't like buying a second-hand car and working out whether it is worth the valuation. Of course a 22-year-old with one decent season behind him isn't on the face of it worth £25m, but that isn't the point - point is whether it is worth us investing that amount of money to try and improve on last season and secure a Champions League place. If he ends up being the difference between 5th and 4th, then paying £5m more for him now will seem like extremely good business. Likewise, if he's the difference between finishing 7th and 6th, you could say the same. It's not about the prices and values of individual players it's about the overall financial stability and success of the club. Sometime you get a player and sell him on at a profit (Bale, Modric etc) sometimes you make a loss (Soldado etc). It's the overall picture that matters. Chequebook out Danny. COYS.

Back