• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Whether that is true or not is irrelevant. He's still illinformed.
Ill-informed for sure, but he did make one good point: back in 2012 we had a great opportunity to finish top 2 and we didn't make that one killer signing to get us there. I know, I know, that alone wouldn't have guaranteed anything seeing how 'Arry took his eye off the ball, but still a point to ponder. I'll even go back to our CL season, where we didn't strengthen as much as we should have to solidify our top 4 position.

Now I'm not a Levy hater and I do like the direction we're headed in and greatly appreciate the prudent management of the club's finances to ensure a sustained brighter future in the years to come. But when you get to a point where you're almost there (or even actually there), you may want to adjust the strategy a wee bit. And I don't know if that adjustment would have even sidetracked us, given the CL money we would have received. Might have been a wash, or even a small profit, in the end.

In any case, that's revisionist history. Onwards and upwards. COYS!

Ill-informed for sure, but he did make one good point: back in 2012 we had a great opportunity to finish top 2 and we didn't make that one killer signing to get us there. I know, I know, that alone wouldn't have guaranteed anything seeing how 'Arry took his eye off the ball, but still a point to ponder. I'll even go back to our CL season, where we didn't strengthen as much as we should have to solidify our top 4 position.

Now I'm not a Levy hater and I do like the direction we're headed in and greatly appreciate the prudent management of the club's finances to ensure a sustained brighter future in the years to come. But when you get to a point where you're almost there (or even actually there), you may want to adjust the strategy a wee bit. And I don't know if that adjustment would have even sidetracked us, given the CL money we would have received. Might have been a wash, or even a small profit, in the end.

In any case, that's revisionist history. Onwards and upwards. COYS!

I agree with you that had we made a signing such as Suarez rather than Saha, we could have absolutely romped that season. It is fine margins. Now we don't know what on earth happened then, whether it was Redknapp or Levy or both that didn't want to make any signings or if those signings just didn't happen because those clubs or players didn't want to come (sound familiar?). If we were to assume it was Levy, then I would imagine what was going through his mind was whether it was worth making a significant investment in a player when the manager in all likelihood was going to leave for the England job. Or, depending on who you talk to, Tevez just couldn't happen because of wages and also because we were challenging Emirates Marketing Project at the time.

Regardless, it's not as if we had a very small squad of players. And it's not unreasonable to assume that we would not have a complete breakdown in the latter half of the season. Remember when Saudi Sportswashing Machine were leading the EPL that time. They did strengthen and still lost out on the league. No guarantees, so I find it a bit rich that people assume that it was Levy that screwed things up. As if he would not stand to benefit more than any of us fans more from us being in the CL.

Either way, the person making that video has no need to start talking about the boys putting a knife to his neck, calling him an f-ing **** or the like. Just makes him out to be an irrational idiot.

I agree with you that had we made a signing such as Suarez rather than Saha, we could have absolutely romped that season. It is fine margins. Now we don't know what on earth happened then, whether it was Redknapp or Levy or both that didn't want to make any signings or if those signings just didn't happen because those clubs or players didn't want to come (sound familiar?). If we were to assume it was Levy, then I would imagine what was going through his mind was whether it was worth making a significant investment in a player when the manager in all likelihood was going to leave for the England job. Or, depending on who you talk to, Tevez just couldn't happen because of wages and also because we were challenging Emirates Marketing Project at the time.

Regardless, it's not as if we had a very small squad of players. And it's not unreasonable to assume that we would not have a complete breakdown in the latter half of the season. Remember when Saudi Sportswashing Machine were leading the EPL that time. They did strengthen and still lost out on the league. No guarantees, so I find it a bit rich that people assume that it was Levy that screwed things up. As if he would not stand to benefit more than any of us fans more from us being in the CL.

Either way, the person making that video has no need to start talking about the boys putting a knife to his neck, calling him an f-ing **** or the like. Just makes him out to be an irrational idiot.
Those are good points and of course we will not know what was going through Levy's or 'Arry's head at the time. However, sometimes you have to take a chance and, if it doesn't work out, Levy has shown himself to be smart enough to make it up in the end. As for players not wanting to join us, that is something we also will never know. One thing I do know is that we were a much more attractive side to join back then, so the chances of players wanting to join us would have been higher. We weren't a team languishing in 6-7th place; we were legitimate title contenders.

I would bet every penny I own that said man in video has been following Spurs a lot longer then you. Like it or not he's proper Spurs been going for years and was there when it mattered.

I know 'C' from the video - and to say he's a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic would be an understatement, proper Spurs or not.

I know 'C' from the video - and to say he's a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic would be an understatement, proper Spurs or not.

He's the fella who did the Peppa Pig video right? So that's not just a wind up, that's his personality?

It's hard to argue with such a nuanced analysis, balanced understanding of the opposing viewpoint, articulate arguments and clear insight of all the facts. His musical talent just emphasises the justness of his cause.

How horrible that someone like this is associated with the team I love.

The old saying " one born every minute " was made for tossers like that.

I would bet every penny I own that said man in video has been following Spurs a lot longer then you. Like it or not he's proper Spurs been going for years and was there when it mattered.

Even if that is true he is still a clown shoe and obviously has a problem.

"C" might not be the most articulate but that fella has walked the walk shall we say, and put himself on offer for many of Tottenham 's "causes".
Proper Spurs and not some new age FM expert Jonny come lately.
Not aimed at you by the way.

What a load of old gonad*s, let not get into this whole he is a better fan than you argument its rubbish and has no baring on any thing on a internet message board.

Most people on here are proper Spurs, but that doesn't mean they are right all of the time!

Not saying he's always right but that clip was put up for a reason, presumably to get a reaction.
When things kick off, like they did in Lazio and it got nasty, the same people having a laugh at his expense on this board, would be looking for his support.
Last word on it from me.

Not saying he's always right but that clip was put up for a reason, presumably to get a reaction.
When things kick off, like they did in Lazio and it got nasty, the same people having a laugh at his expense on this board, would be looking for his support.
Last word on it from me.

I respect that. I put it up to show the irrational dislike for Levy, not to doubt his undoubted affection for Spurs. If you're prepared to put up a video on youtube, then you must be prepared for people to comment on the content.

Last word on it from me.

Arf!

Last word on it from me.

I could care less, but not much less.
When it mattered? That means nothing. Is it meant to be some sort of hooligan/thug reference?
Duration of support is little more than an indication of being older than someone.

It's 'nice' that he's stuck with Spurs for years and he gets a bit of respect for that.

Back