• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Would you not rather sell him and reinvest the money in a replacement or are you one of these who believe we've a youth player to play in every position and take us up a level

I simply kept my response within the parameters of the hypothetical situation that you created.

You said that if Lamela was sold, we would not replace him. You subsequently said that, even though he is an awful player, you would rather keep him - just to make up the numbers.

I merely played by your rules. I said that if we had a player who I deemed to be awful, I would rather sell him than keep him just to make up the numbers. I suggested that younger squad players be given opportunities because, in your scenario, it was already a given that we would not replace the aforementioned awful player with a new signing.

tweaked it for you.

Haha! I am confident that we will not sell such a major investment after one and a half seasons.. It doesn't make sense. I hope our management/ownership possess more patience than some of our more idiotic fans.

Are you ITK?;)

Oh you mean loaned?:(

I am not ITK, no.. (or is that what I want you to think?) Seriously though as mentioned above I am confident that we will not sell such a major investment after one and a half very trying seasons.. A loan is certainly possible I'd say, however despite the naysayers I believe selling Eric now would be a huge mistake that we will live to regret.

I am not ITK, no.. (or is that what I want you to think?) Seriously though as mentioned above I am confident that we will not sell such a major investment after one and a half very trying seasons.. A loan is certainly possible I'd say, however despite the naysayers I believe selling Eric now would be a huge mistake that we will live to regret.
I've been a Lamela fan from day 1 and one of those who still want to believe he will come good for us and justify his price tag. However, I'm beginning to have serious doubts. At this point, even if he does go on loan to Inter and tears it up in Italy, I'm not so sure that would guarantee that he would do the same when/if he returns to the PL. I'm beginning to believe that, although he's a superbly skilled player, he's just not made for our league.

Not really. Think of him as a blogger. He puts every rumour going on his site. Occasionally they'll be from good sources, but mostly it's the same cobblers as everywhere else.

Indeed, wanabees work from the starting point of " if you throw enough brick around some is bound to stick"

I've been a Lamela fan from day 1 and one of those who still want to believe he will come good for us and justify his price tag. However, I'm beginning to have serious doubts. At this point, even if he does go on loan to Inter and tears it up in Italy, I'm not so sure that would guarantee that he would do the same when/if he returns to the PL. I'm beginning to believe that, although he's a superbly skilled player, he's just not made for our league.
I would be disappointed if we sell him. Unfortunately the PL is not kind to skill ful players who take risks. I would be happy to be proved wrong.

Di Marzio is very good friends with Baldini iirc, so some info must pass between the two of them

I agree. Doesn't seem to have the mentality to improve in the way that Bale did either.

Clicking on the COYS link I came across this article by Jermaine Jenas. Interesting read and a good insight into a players make up. Modric Vs Berbatov

Clicking on the COYS link I came across this article by Jermaine Jenas. Interesting read and a good insight into a players make up. Modric Vs Berbatov

I couldn't see the link. I'm presuming that this is the article https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ex...e-for-overlong-transfer-window-163725087.html

It is quite interesting to get the football player's view. What is quite interesting is that we should not complain if Berahino does the same to us if a bigger club comes calling for him.

I couldn't see the link. I'm presuming that this is the article https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ex...e-for-overlong-transfer-window-163725087.html

It is quite interesting to get the football player's view. What is quite interesting is that we should not complain if Berahino does the same to us if a bigger club comes calling for him.

That's the one. I embedded the link in the word "this" but for some reason the forum doesn't show it as a link.
I agree entirely. Although I find it amazing someone on the kind of Salary Berbatov was on was allowed to prance around being a tart by his employers. I know if did something similar I'd be having The Chat Without Coffee

That's the one. I embedded the link in the word "this" but for some reason the forum doesn't show it as a link.
I agree entirely. Although I find it amazing someone on the kind of Salary Berbatov was on was allowed to prance around being a tart by his employers. I know if did something similar I'd be having The Chat Without Coffee

Yeah I agree. It's not really professional is it, but it is human. What was telling was that he said he couldn't blame Berba for doing it.

Chat without coffee. My boss uses that all the time!

One of my clients introduced me to that expression :)

Agreed. And also telling that he almost blamed the club when he said the other players were watching the situation to see if the club hindered their career progression. I also didn't know every one of Jenas' moves came on the last day of the window!

One of my clients introduced me to that expression :)

Agreed. And also telling that he almost blamed the club when he said the other players were watching the situation to see if the club hindered their career progression. I also didn't know every one of Jenas' moves came on the last day of the window!

Different personalities I guess between Modric and Berbatov. You'd think that the players would be watching the situation and saying "you're screwing up the start to our season you selfish ****".

Back