• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Genuine ITK ;)

Spurs scouts again in Vienna attending Rapid vs Shakthar tonight.

It has to be one of three:

Robert Beric: striker. Scores loads. Very good all round, no outstanding strengths other than being Johnny on the spot. Scores headers, shots & tap ins. Needs service. Slovene international. Estimated market worth: 3 million

Louis Schaub: forward. Just turned 19. Scored twice away at Ajax to knock them out. Obvious talent; dribbler/trickster not speed merchant. Cultured football. Needs to improve finishing and end product; but a huge talent that could go either way imo. Estimated market worth: 3-5 million.

Philipp Schobesberger: attacking winger. Blistering pace, excellent control, eye for goal, intelligent. Also a kid. Struggles to follow team orders and offers nothing defensively. Had to be taken off in first leg vs Ajax as his not tracking back left full back exposed and resulted in two goals. Destined for big things it seems. Has the lot. Estimated market value 4-6 million.

If i was a betting man (which I'm not) I'd have to say I wouldnt fall off my chair if we bid for Robert Beric. Young, prolific, allround Charlie Austin type striker. Signing him would be like taking candy from a baby.

Sounds like you'd favour us signing any of the three?
Yeah i would. Beric would be a gamble, well they would all be a gamble - but him in particular. He just keeps scoring though, and some of them are really good finishes. He's now doing it in the CL as well, and is starting to break into the Slovenia national side.

I'd say he doesnt have the greatest natural ability; the ball sometimes bounces off him, he isnt silky etc. But he is fooking committed and scores. He scores shiit loads.

Schaub may have the biggest natural talent, but he (imo) could be a bit like Eriksen in as much as he might go disappearing as he can lack self belief. He has even been in and out of the Rapid team despite probably having the most natural talent of all of them.

Schobesberger would be the safest bet in my opinion, even at 20. I think he'd put pressure on the first team spots immediately. He lightning, but the ball just sticks to him. I'd maybe compare him to someone like Kanchelskis, but with more subtle and better close control.

I would actually be up for signing any of them, and they all have down and upsides. Nothing is gauranteed, but the risk is limited here in financial terms. Obviously for me personally, if we sign one i want us to treat them properly and keep their careers in mind. I've watched them either be signed or come through the ranks and have seen their progression under some superb tutalge from a very astute Rapid manager Zoran Barisic (who was himself actually, a bit of a legend on the pitch for Rapid).

I do have doubts nagging in the back of my mind how they will get on out of the homogenous and home grown environment the current nurturing Rapid Wien environment provides. But they are good players, all of them. I put my neck on the line and say they are far better than the likes of Kevin Kampl and Sadio Mane.

So far this season Rapid have played 5 league games, won 4 drawn one. These games include away matches against Salzburg, Austria Vienna and Sturm Graz. They also knocked Ajax out after trailing 2:0 at home and thoroughly outplayed them in Amsteram. There is a reason for this: they have good players.

Tonight against Shakthar will be something of an acid test. Should be about 46-48k in the stadium. Lwets hope they do it. I'm fudging nervous.

Genuine ITK ;)

Spurs scouts again in Vienna attending Rapid vs Shakthar tonight.

It has to be one of three:

Robert Beric: striker. Scores loads. Very good all round, no outstanding strengths other than being Johnny on the spot. Scores headers, shots & tap ins. Needs service. Slovene international. Estimated market worth: 3 million

Louis Schaub: forward. Just turned 19. Scored twice away at Ajax to knock them out. Obvious talent; dribbler/trickster not speed merchant. Cultured football. Needs to improve finishing and end product; but a huge talent that could go either way imo. Estimated market worth: 3-5 million.

Philipp Schobesberger: attacking winger. Blistering pace, excellent control, eye for goal, intelligent. Also a kid. Struggles to follow team orders and offers nothing defensively. Had to be taken off in first leg vs Ajax as his not tracking back left full back exposed and resulted in two goals. Destined for big things it seems. Has the lot. Estimated market value 4-6 million.

If i was a betting man (which I'm not) I'd have to say I wouldnt fall off my chair if we bid for Robert Beric. Young, prolific, allround Charlie Austin type striker. Signing him would be like taking candy from a baby.

It couldn't be that we are watching any player from Shaktar? ;)

Yeah i would. Beric would be a gamble, well they would all be a gamble - but him in particular. He just keeps scoring though, and some of them are really good finishes. He's now doing it in the CL as well, and is starting to break into the Slovenia national side.

I'd say he doesnt have the greatest natural ability; the ball sometimes bounces off him, he isnt silky etc. But he is fooking committed and scores. He scores shiit loads.

Schaub may have the biggest natural talent, but he (imo) could be a bit like Eriksen in as much as he might go disappearing as he can lack self belief. He has even been in and out of the Rapid team despite probably having the most natural talent of all of them.

Schobesberger would be the safest bet in my opinion, even at 20. I think he'd put pressure on the first team spots immediately. He lightning, but the ball just sticks to him. I'd maybe compare him to someone like Kanchelskis, but with more subtle and better close control.

I would actually be up for signing any of them, and they all have down and upsides. Nothing is gauranteed, but the risk is limited here in financial terms. Obviously for me personally, if we sign one i want us to treat them properly and keep their careers in mind. I've watched them either be signed or come through the ranks and have seen their progression under some superb tutalge from a very astute Rapid manager Zoran Barisic (who was himself actually, a bit of a legend on the pitch for Rapid).

I do have doubts nagging in the back of my mind how they will get on out of the homogenous and home grown environment the current nurturing Rapid Wien environment provides. But they are good players, all of them. I put my neck on the line and say they are far better than the likes of Kevin Kampl and Sadio Mane.

So far this season Rapid have played 5 league games, won 4 drawn one. These games include away matches against Salzburg, Austria Vienna and Sturm Graz. They also knocked Ajax out after trailing 2:0 at home and thoroughly outplayed them in Amsteram. There is a reason for this: they have good players.

Tonight against Shakthar will be something of an acid test. Should be about 46-48k in the stadium. Lwets hope they do it. I'm fudgeing nervous.

Thanks for posting:)

In your opinion, where would Schobesberger play? Would he play behind the frontman or on one of the WF positions? And who in the Spurs squad would be most at risk if he signs?

May tune in to the game now to check them out

A low risk CF to play backup to Kane (and if he signs, Berahino) sounds ideal really, going by the descriptions he and the pacey wide man sound most plausible

Thanks for posting:)

In your opinion, where would Schobesberger play? Would he play behind the frontman or on one of the WF positions? And who in the Spurs squad would be most at risk if he signs?

He's right footed but plays as a right wing forwad/winger. Never on the left. Could play either in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. Definitely not a central player, never in a million years is he a number 10. Most at risk would be townsend and lamela. He mixes it up nicely: good at crossing, also get to the byline for cut backs. He also gets in behind centrally, and isnt afraid to drive from the right and take shots on. Hes unique in that he is lightning and attacks space; but he might even be better in tight spaces. His movement over 2-3 yards is exceptional, as is his first time passing in crowded areas.

EDIT: he works so well on the right in terms of scoring because most of his goals involve him rounding the keeper after coming off the wing, or low drilled shots across the keeper. He's far more adept at shooting low and hard across the keeper than curling deft finishes in from the left. Hence, comparisons with Kanchelskis.

EDIT again: Actually, i'd best sum him up as a genuine mix between a right forward and a right winger. He really has the tools for both and hence has elements from both variants in his game.

Last edited:
He's right footed but plays as a right wing. Never on the left. Could play either in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. Definitely not a central player, never in a million years is he a number 10. Most at risk would be townsend and lamela. He mixes it up nicely: good at crossing, also get to the byline for cut backs. He also gets in behind centrally, and isnt afraid to drive from the right and take shots on. Hes unique in that he is lightning and attacks space; but he might even be better in tight spaces. His movement over 2-3 yards is exceptional, as is his first time passing in crowded areas.

EDIT: he works so well on the right in terms of scoring because most of his goals involve him rounding the keeper after coming off the wing, or low drilled shots across the keeper. He's far more adept at shooting low and hard across the keeper than curling defit finishes in from the left. Hence, comparisons with Kanchelskis.

Thanks. Interesting....

I wonder if us having another fellow young Austrian in Wimmer could sway things for us AND help him integrate as well.
Just seen on his Wikipedia page that there is a dead link saying Brentford FC under his Senior Career section - ITK??:eek:

Thanks for sharing, benp!
Exciting player, I'm with Armchair on this one. For even up to 7-8 million I would have taken the chance on him.

I have to say, armchair's scouting is pretty good. read the description, sounded good so found the video, wasn't disappointed at all. i'd be in for him too at sub-10 million prices.

That video reminds me of Groundhog Day. Every piece of action shown at least twice. I'm unconvinced, especially if he doesn't put in a defensive shift too.

I'm suprised at the amount of upper body strength he has for such a skinny looking lad. Not 100% sure how he would fit in, as I'm convinced we aren't going to be seing the traditional 4231 this season and more of a 4312.

from what ive seen (which admittedly wont be as much as AE) - Philipp Schobesberger would be great. I haven't seen alot of Schaub but whenever I watched Beric, he doesnt seem good enough for the Premier League, especially not Spurs.

Back