• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

When Peace says that he (or WBA) has no interest in selling Berahino, that's not entirely true. Berahino only has two years remaining on his contract. Short of a season of seasons, he is never going to be more valuable to them than he is now. With only one year on his contract, he will be worth less than half his current value.

There are arguments for and against selling in such cases, of course, but I'm not sure that taking a £10m + hit is in WBA's best interests.

Pulis has just said that he is not going to discuss transfers until they are done when asked about the Fazio deal as it is disrespectful to the club of the player and the players themselves involved.

Methinks, we are working on a deal for Fazio/Berahino as we speak.

Sky are saying its £18m now that was rejected so I think West Brom are holding out for closer to £30m which is ridiculous. I think we are going to have to go higher than £25m to get him.

seriously, couldnt we have made this bid on July 1st or even before

what have we gained by waiting this long. 15 mill bid rejected out of hand, they want silly money

i thought the whole idea of delaying and delaying an offer was to get him cheaper. :rolleyes:

This is just the PR part. By accounts we've made contact with both WBA and the player's agent a while ago.

Pulis has just said that he is not going to discuss transfers until they are done when asked about the Fazio deal as it is disrespectful to the club of the player and the players themselves involved.

Methinks, we are working on a deal for Fazio/Berahino as we speak.

Sky are saying its £18m now that was rejected so I think West Brom are holding out for closer to £30m which is ridiculous. I think we are going to have to go higher than £25m to get him.
Can't see Levy paying more than £25 mill for him - and then WBA have to pay £8 mill for Fazio ;)

18-20 plus Fazio should do it but their chairman now has to save face due to his statement which means it will probably go down to the wire.They have bought his replacement so they won't be short if they sell.We on the other hand will be left short if we don't buy a striker .Not optimistic about this at all.They can survive without Fazio.

18-20 plus Fazio should do it but their chairman now has to save face due to his statement which means it will probably go down to the wire.They have bought his replacement so they won't be short if they sell.We on the other hand will be left short if we don't buy a striker .Not optimistic about this at all.They can survive without Fazio.

We're seeing the same with Chelsea and Stones. I think the clubs are a lot closer to an agreement than what we're seeing in the papers, but the selling club need to drag it out to look good in the eyes of their fans. They can get away with a last minute sale due to player asking to leave or an offer "too good to turn down".

on the other hand; they have to sell a striker or they are overstocked and paying wages for those not playing

We're seeing the same with Chel53a and Stones. I think the clubs are a lot closer to an agreement than what we're seeing in the papers, but the selling club need to drag it out to look good in the eyes of their fans. They can get away with a last minute sale due to player asking to leave or an offer "too good to turn down".
I'm close to agree with you.
But for Everton to leave it late, to actually make a late desicion about Stones - that won't surely happen?
Not without getting a couple of big signings first at least. The supporters would be raging if that happens.
Will be interesting to see if Everton and/or West Brom will make some more additions in the coming two weeks. Especially Everton who havent got a lot of cash to use - if they dont have an agreement with Chelsea...
We did it when we sold Bale late, Liverpool did it last year.

Do you guys think Berahino is better value than Charlie Austin? Would we get a better deal from a relegated club?

I'm close to agree with you.
But for Everton to leave it late, to actually make a late desicion about Stones - that won't surely happen?
Not without getting a couple of big signings first at least. The supporters would be raging if that happens.
Will be interesting to see if Everton and/or West Brom will make some more additions in the coming two weeks. Especially Everton who havent got a lot of cash to use - if they dont have an agreement with Chel53a...
We did it when we sold Bale late, Liverpool did it last year.

Everton need signings regardless. They have almost zero options beyond the first XI. At CB they have Jagielka and Stones and three 18-21 year olds who look more like future FBs than CBs.

But.
We're seeing the same with Chel53a and Stones. I think the clubs are a lot closer to an agreement than what we're seeing in the papers, but the selling club need to drag it out to look good in the eyes of their fans. They can get away with a last minute sale due to player asking to leave or an offer "too good to turn down".
But levy doesn't really do offers too good to turn down.

Everton need signings regardless. They have almost zero options beyond the first XI. At CB they have Jagielka and Stones and three 18-21 year olds who look more like future FBs than CBs.
They do, but their budget isnt loaded with money. Let's wait and see, but I think we can read a lot about secret agreements in what happens the coming weeks :)

But.

But levy doesn't really do offers too good to turn down.

Eventually he'll get there. At least it will look that way from the outside. Offer them 20 million now and they'll turn it down. In a week they might consider it. On the last day they'll probably accept it.

its a shame Berahino is a reformed man now and so well behaved......we could have done with the old attitude problem Berahino throwing a wobbly and a sulk to get his move

Back