• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Poch gets hammered for his comments in the media....saying after Njie we only need one more striker...people are outraged suggesting correctly that we need at least three strikers on the books....not including Ade who is out of the picture.

The very same poch who last week said Soldado was part of his plans....

personally I prefer poch's approach of misleading the media. (and some of our fans who dont understand he's playing the game) We are not going to get very far by alerting rivals to our transfer plans or informing potential selling clubs as to our desperation levels. perhaps a segment of our fans preferred the Redknapp era where every c u next tuesday and his dog knew our transfer business.

Poch & the club have thus far acted in a way that we all wanted, by and large the players we wanted gone, have. We wanted the defence to be stronger....it is...we wanted some electric pace up front, Clinton Nigel will now provide this, I would bet my fingers and toes we are working hard on a central midfielder and more strikers.

The performance was decent yesterday but we lost our way and got punished.

Tired of us chopping and changing managers, maybe its time for us to dig in and give our young manager time to build something and guide us through a sticky period of not playing a season at whl and then moving into a new home.

Young manager will make mistakes.....young players likewise and of course we are spurs so that means we have to suffer sexy type events....but for all the frustration and disappointment that will be coming to us I wouldn't have it any other way....because it makes the good times feel 10 x better.

We are spurs! it isn't about being bankrolled by ogliarchs or oil baron's it isnt about doing a united and throwing vast amounts of money at any or all problems we face....its about slowly putting the pieces in place to ensure success in the short to long term...Its about developing our own and giving a youth a chance to express itself, its about having a goal and having the courage and dedication to see it through to the end and ride the bumps in the road....its about giving whl the send off it deserves this season...the home of my heart...my cathedral.

Time will tell, but I have every faith in poch, to get things right for us as the season progresses.

Woah woah woah woah there tiger. Firstly, **** OMT.

Secondly:

They did not play the bigger teams... but that is consistently good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/results

Those were the results under a different manager, at a different stage of the season & when many other clubs had given up on their seasons. Leicester needed the results to survive and whilst, yes that was a very impressive run of form, does that make them likely CL contenders this season? Nope. Do I think they'll be relegated? Yes. I think that they've started the season well, but give it a couple of dodgy results, an injury to Mahrez and they'll soon be looking questionable.

I don't think they can defend. I can guarantee that at least one of the top 4 will put 5+ past them this season. I think they are too gung ho & have a manager who seems to struggle when the going gets tough.

I maintain that they are an ok team but a good team? Nope.

Woah woah woah woah there tiger. Firstly, **** OMT.

Secondly:

They did not play the bigger teams... but that is consistently good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/results

That's a fantastic run, they must be buzzing up there. But, they're going to get tonked at least 6-0 in their next game and they will happy to get away with just a 6-0, because deep down, they know they've caught a lucky break in that they're playing a team that really should be beating them 19-0 if it had a decent manager.

No he didn't, he didn't make one single fudge up yesterday. Not one single one. His starting XI did well and did the job, but Stoke made changes and compressed us, we didn't have the players on the bench to respond, but both subs he made were the right call and still are the right call. How's that his fault that Bentaleb is having a mare at the moment and we only have Lamela who is in anyway capable of running with the ball at the opposition?

Yes he did. To repeat myself from the stoke tnread:
"Absolutely Stoke changed their tactics and pochetino, as is perfectly clear, is tactically staggeringly weak. Every sub weakened us. Most worrying of all. Our squad looked shambolic, not knowing where to go, blaming each other for poor positioning, an absolute mess, and that's pochs fault.

Also, Kane didn't look tired to me. Still looked the most dangerous player."

You mention bentsleb has been dodgy, he's, he was awful last week, so why not bring on alli who looked great in preseason? He said Kane was tired but he didn't look it and we collapsed when he went off. He's an awful decision maker. He gets it wrong most of the time. Maybe he won't have erikse. Kane and Lloris to paper over the immense cracks of his ability like last season.

"Absolutely Stoke changed their tactics and pochetino, as is perfectly clear, is tactically staggeringly weak. Every sub weakened us. Most worrying of all. Our squad looked shambolic, not knowing where to go, blaming each other for poor positioning, an absolute mess, and that's pochs fault.

You mention bentsleb has been dodgy, he's, he was awful last week, so why not bring on alli who looked great in preseason? He said Kane was tired but he didn't look it and we collapsed when he went off. He's an awful decision maker. He gets it wrong most of the time. Maybe he won't have erikse. Kane and Lloris to paper over the immense cracks of his ability like last season.

What would you have done differently? We needed a calm head in midfield, not Alli. We needed Bentaleb. It was the right sub. That he didn't play well isn't Poch's fault, his strength (Bentaleb's) is keeping possession ticking over. Normally.

If Pochettino was "tactically staggeringly weak", he wouldn't have finished 5th with a poor squad last season, nor had successful spells at every club he has managed. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Kane had a knock to his ankle, there's a photo of him with a massive ice pack on his leg. You're just making stuff up.

The problem with you, like your hate campaign against Mason, is that whatever valid point you might actually have gets lost in a load of OTT bile and anger.

Potato potata buddy.

Not really, a manager gets a much bigger say in what the club does. The post-season and pre-season tours the club went on are all to do with trying to encourage exposure and sponsorship in order to leverage funding and growth for the club. I very much doubt Pochettino would have wanted the post and pre-season we had.

Our game was deteriorating before the substitutions and it got worse after he made his two substitutions that's true. But surely, we can't put the blame on the young substitutions?

There were experience out there on the field in Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dembele and Eriksen too, with over 50 caps for Denmark. All out there and not one of them talking urging their team mates for more. I don't think our loss of those two points was down to tactics, I think it were about our big players, not being big players.

What would you have done differently? We needed a calm head in midfield, not Alli. We needed Bentaleb. It was the right sub. That he didn't play well isn't Poch's fault, his strength (Bentaleb's) is keeping possession ticking over. Normally.

If Pochettino was "tactically staggeringly weak", he wouldn't have finished 5th with a poor squad last season, nor had successful spells at every club he has managed. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Kane had a knock to his ankle, there's a photo of him with a massive ice pack on his leg. You're just making stuff up.

The problem with you, like your hate campaign against Mason, is that whatever valid point you might actually have gets lost in a load of OTT bile and anger.

Calm head? Bentaleb? A 20 year old? Personally alli looked perfectly calm I would've pit him there, but if you wanted to solidify things I'd have moved dembele there.

I dint think we did have a poor squad, I thought we had a great squad and Man U were so weak we could've finished 4th.

How am I making it up WHEN POCHETINO CAME OUT AND SAID IT!? He didn't mention a knock, he said he was tired. If it was a knock, what can you do? But tired? fudge off poch.

Fact is, Hughes changed it, and like all of last season poch had no reply other than to implode. Last season he relied on Lloris to save us, on eriksen to bang in wonders and of course Kane, that's why we finished 5th. We barely played well all season. How shambolic our front 4 were yesterday, the long ball football, it was terrifying to see. I got confidence and trust again over the summer months, and already I can see why poch infuriated me so much last season.

Calm head? Bentaleb? A 20 year old? Personally alli looked perfectly calm I would've pit him there, but if you wanted to solidify things I'd have moved dembele there.

I dint think we did have a poor squad, I thought we had a great squad and Man U were so weak we could've finished 4th.

How am I making it up WHEN POCHETINO CAME OUT AND SAID IT!? He didn't mention a knock, he said he was tired. If it was a knock, what can you do? But tired? fudge off poch.

Fact is, Hughes changed it, and like all of last season poch had no reply other than to implode. Last season he relied on Lloris to save us, on eriksen to bang in wonders and of course Kane, that's why we finished 5th. We barely played well all season. How shambolic our front 4 were yesterday, the long ball football, it was terrifying to see. I got confidence and trust again over the summer months, and already I can see why poch infuriated me so much last season.

Wow.

Do you know what? I don't actually like this forum any more. The knee-jerking and the desperate need to be top-four so keyboard warriors can wave their dingdongs around at rival fans, the ridiculous swing from game to game depending on the result only with no consideration for the performance. It's got worse every season since 2009/10 when we actually got 4th. It was the worst thing that could happen to this club and our fans.

Now every time we draw against a decent team it's a disaster. A 5th placed finish is a failure only to be rivalled by the Scotland 1974 world cup team.

I've had enough. The likes of GrimsbyYid's incessant over the top anger and negativity.

I'm sick of seeing macaronic, spazdic posts, where rather than analyse what Pochettino could have done better and think about what set-up would help sort the problems out, it's "Pochettino is staggeringly tactically clueless waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".

I'm fudging sick of it, so you know what? You can all go fudge yourselves. This is the last time I am posting here.

I wouldn't get to worked up about it NWND . Funnily enough , I disagreed with the substitutions at the time too and like GrimsbyYid, I also wanted to see Dembele next to Dier. I also wanted Carroll on the field to provide link up play, as I felt , again like GrimsbyYid , that there were an over reliance on the long ball by our team.

I do recognise, that Poch could've made the changes I wanted and we'd lost 2-3 and had he bought Ali on and the result were the same , Poch would be getting it for playing him instead of Bentaleb, it's the nature of the hindsight beast.
Poch is not entirely blameless and managers will make mistakes but as I've said in an earlier post , for me, the bigger blame for our failure to secure the three points lays with our big players . Time for them to man up and all that .

Last edited:
I wouldn't get to worked up about it NWD . Funnily enough , I disagreed with the substitutions at the time too and like GrimsbyYid, I also wanted to see Dembele next to Dier. I also wanted Carroll on the field to provide link up play, as I felt , again like GrimsbyYid , that there were an over reliance on the long ball by our team.

I do recognise, that Poch could've made the changes I wanted and we'd lost 2-3 and had he bought Ali on and the result were the same , Poch would be getting it for playing him instead of Bentaleb, it's the nature of the hindsight beast.
Poch is not entirely blameless and managers will make mistakes but as I've said in an earlier post , for me, the bigger blame for our failure to secure the three points lays with our big players . Time for them to man up and all that .

Yeah but you can criticise the manager with some rationale and not claim that he's incredibly tactically poor and a fraud and clueless and all the other knee-jerk rubbish I have to read. You can't even have a proper debate on here anymore as it's just so OTT. I'm done with it, I'm just tired of it.

What flexibility would you like to see from him?

If you don't have the ok ayers available to suit YOUR system... Find a system that works until you have your players

That's how anyone should run a football team or a business or anything that works as a collective

If your the leader and you don't have all the ingredients you want for your "team" you should still do everything you can to mould them into the best team you can

I personally think he has massively user used Alli based on what I've seen so far.

He has shown composure and control (something we were crying out for) along with the ability to drive forward with the ball

The big mistake was bring on Lamella full stop as he has offered nothing of note pre season due to being away and looked lost in the games he has played

Tactically Poch should have shored up the midfield and brought on a footballer to put his foot on the ball rather than a headless chicken in Lamella and a player playing some of his most regressive football in his brief carrier so far in Bentelab

What did wind me up was when I realised we still had a sub left... And we did t use it

Do you know what? I don't actually like this forum any more. The knee-jerking and the desperate need to be top-four so keyboard warriors can wave their dingdongs around at rival fans, the ridiculous swing from game to game depending on the result only with no consideration for the performance. It's got worse every season since 2009/10 when we actually got 4th. It was the worst thing that could happen to this club and our fans.

Now every time we draw against a decent team it's a disaster. A 5th placed finish is a failure only to be rivalled by the Scotland 1974 world cup team.

I've had enough. The likes of GrimsbyYid's incessant over the top anger and negativity.

I'm sick of seeing macaronic, spazdic posts, where rather than analyse what Pochettino could have done better and think about what set-up would help sort the problems out, it's "Pochettino is staggeringly tactically clueless waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".

I'm fudgeing sick of it, so you know what? You can all go fudge yourselves. This is the last time I am posting here.

Yeah but you can criticise the manager with some rationale and not claim that he's incredibly tactically poor and a fraud and clueless and all the other knee-jerk rubbish I have to read. You can't even have a proper debate on here anymore as it's just so OTT. I'm done with it, I'm just tired of it.

Its all emotion mate, we have way too much invested in Spurs and all react different ways ...

- I was actually ok with the Manure draw, that to me was a decently played game against a much stronger team away from home and we were undone by a single individual mistake.
- The stoke game, my legitimate criticism of Poch was the failure to respond quickly in 2nd half and the subs. People claim he did what he could, honestly Bentaleb is a 50/50 call, he's been poor in preseason, poor in first game but has been a significant player for us. Lamela in my opinion is inexcusable because he is often like playing with 10 men, and him and Chadli on pitch at same time when we are try to shore up a game is like playing with 9. Honestly the 2nd miss was not subbing Walker out, on a yellow, under pressure and getting no cover from RM.
- My last criticism was of people who jumped on right after and went, well Levy, open the checkbook, again if we need to open the checkbook to beat Stoke, wtf do we need for a legitimate top 6 side?

Try to chill out.

There is many a decent debate and a laugh to be had on this forum.

And of course everyone has the choice to whether they think its worth replying to someone or whether they think that poster is not worth their time. It is pointless getting angry, its just words on a screen, there are far worse things in life that can happen to you.

I had a little break from this forum because I too was getting fed up with what I too perceived was 'too much ott negativity' perhaps a little break would do you good??? come back though otherwise its one less person to have a decent debate with.:)

Back