• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

No he hasn't .. lets fudgeing get that out the way ..

- Poch was brought to this club to get the best out of our existing team (go dig up Club's introduction statement), he's failed miserably (Lamela, Soldado, Capoue, Stambouli, Lennon & more) and become the same as a ton of other managers, go sell half the team and buy a bunch of new players and get exactly the same results.
- Obviously he is insistent on "his kind of player" and that is making targeting/buying players even more difficult.
- If Poch really needs a deep bench to beat Stoke, then we are truly fudgeed.

I'd say he did get the best out of the team last season. We're two games into the second season. How is that failing miserably? Unless you think we should have done better last season?

I'd say he did get the best out of the team last season. We're two games into the second season. How is that failing miserably? Unless you think we should have done better last season?

Failing miserably as functionally he has been able to "save" none of the players we invested a lot of money in, especially Lamela.

Everyone keeps talking about get the checkbook out, really? our first 11 can't beat Stoke?

Failing miserably as functionally he has been able to "save" none of the players we invested a lot of money in, especially Lamela.

Everyone keeps talking about get the checkbook out, really? our first 11 can't beat Stoke?

the same players which failed under the two previous managers to have a go, lets not forget

Bit of perspective here though. Stoke aren't a crap side, far from it. Tough team to beat on any day. In fact, the whole of the premiership is getting harder and harder each year as the teams behind us are gradually getting better players and becoming stronger.

So whilst we are hoping for 4th, but expecting 5th, we could easily get 6th or 7th or quite possibly 8th.

So now he is being criticised and classed as failing miserably because he hasn't made soldado and lamela score goals? So are you saying that if Soldado scored 30 goals instead of Kane, and Lamela assisted half of these, but we finished 7th, that would be a success?

So now he is being criticised and classed as failing miserably because he hasn't made soldado and lamela score goals? So are you saying that if Soldado scored 30 goals instead of Kane, and Lamela assisted half of these, but we finished 7th, that would be a success?

Read the earlier post mate, I was responding to the comment that the club has somehow failed Poch, to which my response was no ... because

- Our first 11 is more than good enough to beat Stoke
- Despite initial assurances that Poch would help us recoup our investments, he hasn't and we have still chosen to significantly overhaul the team to match his system needs.

He had a really brick day at the office, his fault, his fudge up, why do people have to get wound up about that comment?

Read the earlier post mate, I was responding to the comment that the club has somehow failed Poch, to which my response was no ... because

- Despite initial assurances that Poch would help us recoup our investments, he hasn't and we have still chosen to significantly overhaul the team to match his system needs.

He had a really **** day at the office, his fault, his fudge up, why do people have to get wound up about that comment?
The first 11 were good enough to beat Stoke... then they got tired due to lack of pre-season and we had to bring on some of the second eleven...!

Sorry, I thought you were saying Poch had failed miserably to get the best out of our team which I just think is untrue, as he did get top 5 last season and it's only 2 games into the current season.

In response to your two other points, yes our first 11 is more than good enough to beat Stoke. But football doesn't always work like that. These won't be the only 2 points that we drop against so called weaker opposition, and we won't be alone.

Poch has recouped some of the investments as some of the sales have shown. He's responding to weaknesses that he has noted in the prior year and is making changes that he thinks will make us better. We're 2 games into the new season, and we are probably 2 points down where we would have realistically expected. It's only 2 games.

For what it is worth, I don't think it was Poch's best day but I don't think it was the worst. Alderweireld makes a rash, stupid challenge to give a penalty and that gave them the impetus. After that we let their midfield have time and space. Poch has to take some responsibility, but there's not a manager in the land that is not going to be let down by individual mistakes by players.

People get wound up because of the overreaction. If it were balanced then it would be easier to discuss the result, but to be honest it's just been all panic stations. We've had two tough fixtures in the league, and we've not been outplayed. We've not been outfought. Yet the temperature of the posts that have been made would suggest that we had put in performances like Sunderland!!

No he hasn't .. lets fudgeing get that out the way ..

- Poch was brought to this club to get the best out of our existing team (go dig up Club's introduction statement), he's failed miserably (Lamela, Soldado, Capoue, Stambouli, Lennon & more) and become the same as a ton of other managers, go sell half the team and buy a bunch of new players and get exactly the same results.
- Obviously he is insistent on "his kind of player" and that is making targeting/buying players even more difficult.
- If Poch really needs a deep bench to beat Stoke, then we are truly fudgeed.

Seriously?

His faults would be his perseverence with inverted wingers, lack of progressive subs erc etc and I buy into some of criticisms thrown at him....

Essentially he is a good manager however. He has brought along rose, dier, Bentelab, erisken, Mason, kane, chadli who have all flourished under him - not bad eh?

As for ones he hasn't yet brought the best out of - what if we say that Lamela isn't actually very good and soldado does not have the attributes to succeed here? I genuinely believe that and it's not as if he's alone in not getting any of our flops to perform.

By letting him down - he clearly did not want stambouli, fazio or davies considering his selections and ideas.the club let him down last year and now we have a situation where we have one semi fit striker at the whole club! Professionally that is not on and we are also looking weak in central midfield - why it takes so long to do our business can be debated but very few teams look as exposed and undercooked as our squad,

Kane was injured/sluggish yet he didn't have another forward to bring on..... Pathetic considering half the fans were screaming at him about his subs and tactics - he has one arm behind his back and we are now under pressure due to a lack of prep and action in backing up he manager. The whole Audi cup thing was an utter farce just to add to that point

That's the problem though, there are things fans can't see. You have no idea about players' conditioning,fitness levels whereas the manager does. It's pretty obvious Poch wouldn't of taken either of them off if he had the choice...
that leaves nothing to discuss, including your defence of the manager LOL

that leaves nothing to discuss, including your defence of the manager LOL
Lol very true, but just highlights how easy it is sitting here saying what should be done without knowing the full picture and what actually has to be taken into consideration when managing a football team...

He had a really **** day at the office, his fault, his fudge up, why do people have to get wound up about that comment?

No he didn't, he didn't make one single fudge up yesterday. Not one single one. His starting XI did well and did the job, but Stoke made changes and compressed us, we didn't have the players on the bench to respond, but both subs he made were the right call and still are the right call. How's that his fault that Bentaleb is having a mare at the moment and we only have Lamela who is in anyway capable of running with the ball at the opposition?

Our first XI is more than good enough to beat Stoke. Correct, what's your point? Chelsea's first XI were more than enough to beat Swansea and not get absolutely humiliated by City. Arsenal's first XI were more than good enough to beat West Ham last week. Barcelona's first XI were more than good enough not to get their pants pulled down and belly ticked by Bilbao 4-0.

Pochettino hasn't failed in trying to help us recoup our investments. He did try. But Fergie can't turn Soldado into a good goalscorer in the PL, or Capoue into a good PL DM, or Paulinho and Chiriches into anything other than clowns. He's Pochettino, he's not Jesus, he can't turn donkey tinkle into wine. It may have been what he was originally going to be judged on, but I think half way into the season when our performances were pretty shaky and he had to boot half these players out the team just to make headway it was clear that it wasn't going to happen - that's not Pochettino's fault, that's whoever bought those players.

But Fergie can't turn Soldado into a good goalscorer in the PL, or Capoue into a good PL DM, or Paulinho and Chiriches into anything other than clowns. He's Pochettino, he's not Jesus, he can't turn donkey tinkle into wine. It may have been what he was originally going to be judged on, but I think half way into the season when our performances were pretty shaky and he had to boot half these players out the team just to make headway it was clear that it wasn't going to happen - that's not Pochettino's fault, that's whoever bought those players.

Yes, the MOST important thing for me is that Poch finally identified the 14 players we don't need and agreed to get rid of them.

He might have chosen a completely different 14 and we'd all be up in arms, but right now most of us are pretty much agreed that he's identified the right ones to keep/remove.

Fingers crossed we get in 2 first class starting players next... not 12 kids or 4 journeymen.

People blaming yesterday on a lack of pre season and squad depth - is that not partly down to the manager??!?!

Leicester aren't a very good side! They are ok, but people were tipping them for relegation before the season started. Suddenly, they beat a poor Sunderland and get a win against the Spam & suddenly they're very good?? Nah, they're still ok, that's it.

Woah woah woah woah there tiger. Firstly, brick OMT.

Secondly:

They did not play the bigger teams... but that is consistently good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/results

Back