• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Stoke City *** 15/08/2015 3pm

We finished 5th and got to a cup final last season and the style of football has improved a lot from then in the first two games, but clearly you didn't watch them as you'd know this but you clearly still feel qualified enough to wade in and spout your macaronic drivel anyway and who am I to argue, eh?
Read my posts mate.

I'm saying it is clear from this forum that he fudgeed up.

If you read my post I'm not saying he should be sacked. Im not knee jerking from a performance I haven't even seen. I'm just saying he is not a very good manager and I don't think he is the right man for the job. I am basing this on our style of play last year. I will stand by that until he is sacked and I will put it out there now by saying he will be sacked by Spurs within the next 2 years.

Read my posts and you might actually understand what I'm trying to say.

I have read your posts, I don't agree with them. I'd leave it at that and not be such a dingdong myself if your rant was based on a game you hadn't seen.

It's not clear from this forum he fudged up, there are a few posters of that opinion, but others who aren't. I'm one who thinks that he didn't fudge up.

My reasoning behind Pochettino not fudging up is down to the calls that he made, despite having a negative impact on the game with hindsight, STILL being the right calls NOW.

In that, I wouldn't have wanted Pochettino to do anything else with hindsight as they were the right calls and had to be made:

- Kane was fudged. He was knackered. He's played so much football with no viable option to bring on to give him a rest over last season and this. It's more important for the long-term future of our club that he comes off if he is knackered so as to avoid injury and fatigue, that is more important than 2 points and still is in the cold light of day. Plus he really wasn't contributing, nothing was sticking with him and Stoke were getting a foothold in the game, so something had to be done and something would have still have had to be done with hindsight and basically, the options on the bench amounted to jack-brick so Chadli upfront it was. What choice did Pochettino have?

- As someone above has said, bringing Lamela on was probably to give Chadli some forward support. This is the most questionable of the substitutions, but the logic behind it is sound and probably is still a good call with hindsight in that again, what was our options from the bench? Stoke were getting a foothold in the game, we had to so something, Lamela really was all we had on the bench in order to run with the ball forward and try and relieve some pressure. If we had the pace option Pochettino clearly wants for these situations, we could have brought on N'Jie to hit them on the break, stop them committing too many bodies forward and stretch the game in behind, pushing them back and putting them more on the back foot torwards the end of the game. We didn't have that option so Lamela was the closest to it. It's still the right call now, even though it didn't work out.

- Mason was struggling for fitness and Bentaleb was the right call. It's not Pochettino's fault that Bentaleb had another mare and is clearly just in a bad rut of form right now. Bentaleb is ordinarily someone that keeps hold of the ball and helps to relieve pressure. Sherwood brought him on when we were under the cosh away to Southampton for his debut precisely for that reason.

So it's not Pochettino's fault that he doesn't yet have the options he needs on the bench to deal with situations where we are protecting a lead but the other team has made changes to push more bodies forward and it is pushing us further and further back. He needed to make changes and the changes he made are the only ones open to him right now. We haven't finished our transfer business to bring in the targets he clearly wants and needs. If N'Jie had been available, we'd have brought him on for Kane and hit him on the break with early balls over the top, it would have pushed Stoke back far more effectively than the changes that were actually made, but that option wasn't there. How's that Pochettino's fault? His starting XI performed great until about 65 minutes and the changes he made are still the right calls now.

They were the best of a poor set of options on the bench and even saying that, you can't legislate for the kind of individual fudge-ups that gave them their two goals. We had a 2-0 lead for fudges sake, any changes the manager makes should be enough to see that out unless the players fudge up royally. These things just happen when you have poor bench options.

And no, it's not necessarily Levy's fault either. it's difficult to do deals early for good attacking players as their clubs don't want to sell. It's the transfer window. It leaves plenty of clubs short when the season starts.

Didn't watch the game but if we're missing key ingredients in our squad isn't it better we see it now while we have some time to still address these issues.

Whilst the squad isn't as talented as the one Harry had it keeps reminding me of the season where we needed just a couple of players (Parker, ade, friedel) to bring balance to the side.

Coys

Didn't watch the game but if we're missing key ingredients in our squad isn't it better we see it now while we have some time to still address these issues.

Whilst the squad isn't as talented as the one Harry had it keeps reminding me of the season where we needed just a couple of players (Parker, ade, friedel) to bring balance to the side.

Coys

Totally agree, I think what we're missing is that pace and directness to get in behind teams. I would say we were missing something in midfield that would effectively cover attacks, but Dier has performed so well there so far, I'm not so sure that is an issue.

N'Jie is the first piece of the jigsaw I hope, but a PL experienced option like Berahino would be ideal too.

First off, I did see the game but was getting ready for a party so first chance to post.
Look really good first half, dembelle was MOTM. Second half he didn't turn up and left a big hole for Ireland to step into.
For all Stokes pressure until the pen, DNS thought it was very soft, they didn't look like scoring. Only at Spurs could a Dutchman be done with a cruyff turn

First off, I did see the game but was getting ready for a party so first chance to post.
Look really good first half, dembelle was MOTM. Second half he didn't turn up and left a big hole for Ireland to step into.
For all Stokes pressure until the pen, DNS thought it was very soft, they didn't look like scoring. Only at Spurs could a Dutchman be done with a cruyff turn

:D

I am as disappointed as anyone, but We didn't lose because Kane and Mason got subbed. Stoke had taken control of the game long before that! We lost because our best CM pair atm is Mason and Dier, and we lack real quality in that part of the field. Otherwise our central core is solid; Lloris, Verthongen/Aldeweireld and Kane. But compare our CM to City (Yaya/Fernandiho/Fernando), Chelsea (Fabregas/Matic) United (Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger/Carrick) it's clear to see that we lack both steel and quality in that position. Dier does well in the defensive bit, but his technique is to slow to be effective offensively. Mason got tired quite early in second half, and didn't get anywhere near their players, who looked quicker and fresher. He just had to be replaced, but we don't have any real quality to put in there to take back the control of the game again. We badly need a proper CM. More than a striker.

Absolutely Stoke changed their tactics and pochetino, as is perfectly clear, is tactically staggeringly weak. Every sub weakened us. Most worrying of all. Our squad looked shambolic, not knowing where to go, blaming each other for poor positioning, an absolute mess, and that's pochs fault.

Also, Kane didn't look tired to me. Still looked the most dangerous player.

Point about nabil yesterday, he warmed up like a complete clam. Lacklustre and half hearted. If he was sulking about being dropped then fudge him and someone needs to say you have don't nothing yet and you have a long way to go.

Not sure alderweireld and vertonghen are a good combination in the centre as neither have the aerial dominance of a Fazio. I am sure we looked vulnerable to the floated ball into the box. Our defensive shape for diouf's equaliser was terrible. Ball from the right not enough cover for defender on the right can't remember if Dier or walker, this pulled our CBs apart allowing diouf's to get between them. We still have a lot to work on defensively. What is also criminal is that we only have 1 striker available and we are on the second game of the season. If it is to be berahino then what on earth are we waiting for?

lamela was, as I remember, AWOL...he would've been the important cover. Have to also give Hugo a mention here, he just looked lost in no-man's land for a ball I'd have expected more of him from.

I'm saying it is clear from this forum that he fudgeed up.

If you read my post I'm not saying he should be sacked. Im not knee jerking from a performance I haven't even seen. I'm just saying he is not a very good manager and I don't think he is the right man for the job. I am basing this on our style of play last year. I will stand by that until he is sacked and I will put it out there now by saying he will be sacked by Spurs within the next 2 years.

Read my posts and you might actually understand what I'm trying to say.

First off, you'll get little applause for that bit of Nostradamus, given the record voldemort has with our managers!
I hope this is the exception, as we are a very young side building and learning. Platforms my friend...

We lost two points on Saturday simply because of the management at Spurs.

1. Why did we not have adequate replacements for Mason and Kane?

2. Why did we tire so much earlier than Stoke?

3. Why did our substiutions concede the initiative to our opponents?

4. Why were we not able to adapt our tactics to cope with our opponents change in formation and tactics?

5. Why don't we have the nous to see out games when in a commanding position?

6. Why have we bought another defender who seems to have quickly adapted to the Spurs individual fudge up regime.

7. Why do we want our AMs to defend rather than attack?

We lost two points on Saturday simply because of the management at Spurs.

1. Why did we not have adequate replacements for Mason and Kane?

2. Why did we tire so much earlier than Stoke?

3. Why did our substiutions concede the initiative to our opponents?

4. Why were we not able to adapt our tactics to cope with our opponents change in formation and tactics?

5. Why don't we have the nous to see out games when in a commanding position?

6. Why have we bought another defender who seems to have quickly adapted to the Spurs individual fudge up regime.

7. Why do we want our AMs to defend rather than attack?

7. Is the point I want to bring up. This is what concerns me as it's the truth. He HAS told our attacking minded midfielders to sit deeper than they'd like. I'm worried he isn't getting the best out of his players.

Can't really see why you all blame Lamela! He didn't have a blinding game, that's for sure, but with the amount of hate he gets it's like he scored 2 two own goals. There were 10 other players on the pitch, and they all had a part in the loss. Stoke had take over completely long before Lamela came on. He's at no more fault for the loss than anyone else! If someone is to blame, it's Aldeweireld for giving away a stupid stupid stupid penalty which really put Stoke back in the game.

Can't really see why you all blame Lamela! He didn't have a blinding game, that's for sure, but with the amount of hate he gets it's like he scored 2 two own goals. There were 10 other players on the pitch, and they all had a part in the loss. Stoke had take over completely long before Lamela came on. He's at no more fault for the loss than anyone else! If someone is to blame, it's Aldeweireld for giving away a stupid stupid stupid penalty which really put Stoke back in the game.
Now that Ade not playing and bobbys away some me has carry the can

Back