• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Soldado's mate, and very much like Soldado. Has ability, but he has never looked at home playing for us. Still a young guy so there is greater hope than with his Latin pal.

Lamela was not what we needed to shore up the game. Gave foul after foul, when all he need to do was get goal side so there were two men to beat - simple - instead he was chasing shadows.

Last edited:
Like Soldado every time Lamela come on or plays I hope its the game where he finally comes good, but like Soldado he is not suited to the premier league. Another player I dont get the "love" for. Every time I have actually seen him live I thought he was less than average. The worst thing is every other club seem to pick up players for less than 15 mil who look very good in the prem and we pay 30 mil for an untested youngster. It just does my head in

We would be doing Lamela a favour by selling him. He needs to go somewhere -another league -where he can develop as player and secure his position in his national side.. It is not productive for us or him to keep persisting with him in the forlorn hope everything will magically come good at some point.

Regardless of what people think of Chadli and Eriksen's contribution overall -they always looked reasonably comfortable with the ball on the pitch, from the moment we signed and first played them. (Bobby looked comfortable too -just couldn't score) Lamela has always looked like a fish out of water. He looks awkward in possession.

Like Soldado, he's another player I thought might catch fire last season and it just didn't happen. The fact that I cringe every time the ball is passed to him pretty much tells me that I've lost faith he'll come good. If we can offload him this summer (bring in Yarmolenko as a replacement?) then we should do. But I get the feeling he'll still be here come September.

He wasnt great today. He lost the ball twice and misplaced two passes.
But we didnt concede two goals because of him.
If we cant trust to give him a run out at home when we are two goals up I give up.

Offers nothing and hinders the team rather than helping it. Gives away countless free kicks and can't dribble past someone. Time's up, time to go.

If we cant trust to give him a run out at home when we are two goals up I give up.

Actually his first two actions were to give away free kicks ...

Actually goal came from his side where Walker need cover because he was being targeted and was on a yellow card.

Re the highlighted point ... exactly

Agree.. needs to go on loan. I don't know what's happening with this player. One game he looks great the next its like an evil identical twin has replaced him who has never been or played in professional football team before. Just don't get it at all. Wonder if he would even make a championship team on todays performance. Just flabbergasted by what I watched today.

Todays was definitely two steps back for me.

Actually his first two actions were to give away free kicks ...

Actually goal came from his side where Walker need cover because he was being targeted and was on a yellow card.

Re the highlighted point ... exactly

Fair enough but it wasnt as if Walker was getting protection before Lamela came on anyway?

I agree with Superhudd, I cant believe we paid 30m or whatever the figure is, I dont think he would only get in some lower championship teams.

I want the kid to succeed but sometimes you just have to cut your losses. The lad has at times played some great passes and he does try hard he puts the effort in but I just dont think he is ever going to get the English style of hustle and bustle. He should get his agent to get him back to Italy and the lad can kick on from his great season at Roma.

Truthfully if I was trying to buy him I wouldnt offer anymore then 5m, if Levy can get something in the region of 10-15m LEVY is the second coming of Jesus!

Where are all the fecking hipsters that have been telling me all summer that Lamela or Chadli could do a job as a back up striker

Now that Soldado is gone, we need another lost cause for some to pin their hopes on. But, as I have been saying for the past year, the kid is a lost cause.

But we live in hope...

Juventus Switch Attention To Another Spurs Star After Losing Interest In Christian Eriksen

Juventus are looking at Tottenham Hotspur winger Erik Lamela after concluding they may not be able to convince the White Hart Lane outfit to part with Christian Eriksen.

Bianconeri coach Massimiliano Allegri has asked his club's board to sign him a 'number 10', but the Juventus powerbrokers are having difficulty doing a deal.

Mario Gotze was considered, but Bayern Munich will not sell, while Schalke appear to have ruled out parting with Julian Draxler.

It emerged yesterday that Spurs' star Eriksen is now on their radar, but according to Sky Italia, the trail has gone cold as the English club would want over €40m for the Denmark international to even consider selling.

The Italian champions are also looking at Eriksen's team-mate, Lamela, who they feel may be the answer to their problem.

Lamela has struggled to hit the heights expected at Spurs since joining the club from Roma, but his stock remains high in Italy.

The Argentina international started on the bench for Spurs' 2-2 home draw against Stoke City at White Hart Lane today, being brought into the action in the 64th minute as a replacement for Harry Kane.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/08...losing-interest-in-christian-eriksen/229633/?

A swap with Llorente + EUR10mill... come on Daniel! I know you want to...

We would be doing Lamela a favour by selling him. He needs to go somewhere -another league -where he can develop as player and secure his position in his national side.. It is not productive for us or him to keep persisting with him in the forlorn hope everything will magically come good at some point.

Regardless of what people think of Chadli and Eriksen's contribution overall -they always looked reasonably comfortable with the ball on the pitch, from the moment we signed and first played them. (Bobby looked comfortable too -just couldn't score) Lamela has always looked like a fish out of water. He looks awkward in possession.

agree with all that

i like him but something just isnt clicking

If we can sell him back to Italy that might be a wise move. Otherwise he'll be playing in the cups and coming on as a sub.

It wasn't an easy game to come into and he didn't hit the ground running. We didn't need him to be a world beater, just stop Arnautovic. Maybe Poch could have had a word: just play it simple, mark Arnautovic, and get goalside of him. If we'd shut out Arnautovic, we would have probably closed out the win. Easy to say in hindsight.

Its an issue with having a young team.

Back