• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Is there any evidence that this happened? Any evidence that he's not eager to sign for Everton? Genuine question.

I read an article (can't find it now, but there's plenty of similar ones on NewsNow) that claimed Lennon's been pushing for a move to Merseyside, and has actively turned down other offers - from Aston Villa and Celtic - because he wants to sign for Everton. The delay - according to that particular article - is because Martinez isn't willing to meet our valuation. He knows the player has no future at Spurs so is low-balling. Levy was having none of it... and why should he as long as there are competing / higher offers on the table.

Given that Lennon hasn't got a squad number, isn't training with the first team and is clearly already "out the door" as far as Pochettino is concerned, there's no need for Levy to hurry the deal (after all, we play Everton before the window closes... why give them a player that Martinez obviously values before then?)

Fair point.

I do not know but it looks like the story is from last April, he was interviewed by police but not further action has taken place. If it is the same incident it looks like just another macaron on teletext stirring brick.

a shame that he cared more about a night out then his career. could have been an all time great for us.

Slag him off as much as some want, but over the last 10 years he has been one of our best players and we looked better when he was in the team.

i loved lennon, one of my fav players years ago - but he has been a poor excuse of the former player we knew years ago - when his defensive contributions are his most talked about asset, you know he's no good.

i loved lennon, one of my fav players years ago - but he has been a poor excuse of the former player we knew years ago - when his defensive contributions are his most talked about asset, you know he's no good.

I I can't dance with that to a point, however he would still do a better job for us now then Townsend.

I I can't dance with that to a point, however he would still do a better job for us now then Townsend.
No doubt about that. For me the question is:
Would the club do this if it isn't more to know, then we know for sure?
It has to be more people then Poch agreeing to it, when he clearly is good enough to be in the 25 man squad as it is currently.
And I guess it will be like losing a lot of money to sell him now, given it's nearly official he isnt in our plans.
Levy wouldnt do that if Lennon could be playable?

No doubt about that. For me the question is:
Would the club do this if it isn't more to know, then we know for sure?
It has to be more people then Poch agreeing to it, when he clearly is good enough to be in the 25 man squad as it is currently.
And I guess it will be like losing a lot of money to sell him now, given it's nearly official he isnt in our plans.
Levy wouldnt do that if Lennon could be playable?

As you say there must be more to it but as usual we will probably never know.

Had it confirmed by someone today who works day in and day out at the training ground (not giving away the source but they are reputable) that Lennon turned up at training just after the Chel53a away defeat, maybe mid Dec and was still visibly drunk from the night before and that is the main reason for his exclusion although other stuff has gone on that adds into his problems although I have no confirmation of what those are.
I'm not condoning Lennon's behaviour, but who hasn't done that at least once in their lives.

Back