• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V manchester united***

Talk about misinterpreting what he said:

'Yes, he's in my plans, Dembele. I think we need to try to provide him to show his real quality here.

'It's true the last season was difficult for him, but only was it difficult for him at Tottenham – with his national team too.

'It's for that reason we need to try to provide him the best position on the pitch or try to find the best position for him, to show the quality that he has.'

Tbh I am tinkled off with your petty counter arguments and answering opinions with questions, go and do one !

You really are a Strawman ! he said we have to find his best position which means that MP don't know where it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not what straw man means but never mind.

I think that you are taking one line from the quote and using it out of context with the rest. Poch is saying that Dembele didn't have the best of seasons last year and we need to give him a platform to perform at his best.

Have always hated ManU more than any other team. ManU are the team who have fecked us on and off the field the most since the PL started. So always want us to beat ManU badly ! Was really annoyed we lost to ManU last season. AVB was a legend for getting our first away win over ManU since 1989. Sherwood then did well to continue that legacy by beating ManU for the second season in a row. But annoyingly Pochettino threw all that away last season. Won't forgive Pochettino if he lets them beat us again !

Really disappointed that we have failed to improve our squad much from last season, especially in midfield and attack. All the players we have signed so far are either too young or unproven at big level. We again have to rely on Kane, Eriksen and Chadli to inspire us. Without a doubt, everyone will be looking at Kane if he can produce the same impact as last season. Hope Kane will overcome the 2nd-season syndrome and continue to get us the goals we badly need. Eriksen made a big impact early last season but he went too quite after that. Hope he will get back his best form. Chadli did well to score that wonder goal against AC Milan. Hope he can get one or two against ManU as well.

Can't help but worried about our midfield. Squad wise, we are much weaker in midfield compared to last season after selling Paulinho, Capoue and Stambouli. Find it annoying that we sold Capoue and Stambouli without getting their replacements. Now, we badly lack a defensive midfielder. Not at all convinced by the error-prone Bentaleb who made another blunder against Real Madrid. Delli looks promising but he is too young and will need time to prove his worth. Hope Lamela will continue to create the goal for us and also improve his goal scoring this season !

Still not sure what to expect from our defence this season. Hope Vertonghen and Alderweireld will form a reliable partnership in defence. Atleast we still have Fazio as a backup in defence. Not at all convinced by Vorm in goal as he makes too many mistakes. Hope Lloris will come back and be our No.1 goalie for the next few seasons atleast. Surely, we need to see some improvement in our defending if we want to do well this season.

It is not really a ideal first game for us having to play ManU away. But as proven by AVB and Sherwood, we can beat ManU away if we try. Hope Pochettino and his team will have this in mind. Really want us to beat ManU badly ! Hope we will start the new season with an erection inducing win !

Last edited:
That's not what straw man means but never mind.

I think that you are taking one line from the quote and using it out of context with the rest. Poch is saying that Dembele didn't have the best of seasons last year and we need to give him a platform to perform at his best.

I think this is what he is saying also
Good managers have a philosophy and tactical approach but also make amendment's to bring the best out of a players abilities.

As far as playing deep goes, my point had nothing to do with his ( non existent) long passing range, it was him being a ball carrier, get the ball up the pitch quickly at his feet then lay it off simply to the creative players (e exactly like Claude Makelele did).
Dembele also has that long shot ability to go with it.

But it's all guess work for us right now, I guess we'll see in two hours!

Don't think Mason is starting after talking to his old man but hardly news I know.

Lloris closer to starting than made out but still don't think he'll make this one.

I'm optimistic. 0-0.

I have to go to work just when the game starts, and will watch it when I get home this evening. Gonna be a nightmare trying to avoid seeing the result all day!

Have always hated ManU more than any other team. ManU are the team who have fecked us on and off the field the most since the PL started. So always want us to beat ManU badly ! Was really annoyed we lost to ManU last season. AVB was a legend for getting our first away win over ManU since 1989. Sherwood then did well to continue that legacy by beating ManU for the second season in a row. But annoyingly Pochettino threw all that away last season. Won't forgive Pochettino if he lets them beat us again !

Really disappointed that we have failed to improve our squad much from last season, especially in midfield and attack. All the players we have signed so far are either too young or unproven at big level. We again have to rely on Kane, Eriksen and Chadli to inspire us. Without a doubt, everyone will be looking at Kane if he can produce the same impact as last season. Hope Kane will overcome the 2nd-season syndrome and continue to get us the goals we badly need. Eriksen made a big impact early last season but he went too quite after that. Hope he will get back his best form. Chadli did well to score that wonder goal against AC Milan. Hope he can get one or two against ManU as well.

Can't help but worried about our midfield. Squad wise, we are much weaker in midfield compared to last season after selling Paulinho, Capoue and Stambouli. Find it annoying that we sold Capoue and Stambouli without getting their replacements. Now, we badly lack a defensive midfielder. Not at all convinced by the error-prone Bentaleb who made another blunder against AC Milan. Delli looks promising but he is too young and will need time to prove his worth. Hope Lamela will continue to create the goal for us and also improve his goal scoring this season !

Still not sure what to expect from our defence this season. Hope Vertonghen and Alderweireld will form a reliable partnership in defence. Atleast we still have Fazio as a backup in defence. Not at all convinced by Vorm in goal as he makes too many mistakes. Hope Lloris will come back and be our No.1 goalie for the next few seasons atleast. Surely, we need to see some improvement in our defending if we want to do well this season.

It is not really a ideal first game for us having to play ManU away. But as proven by AVB and Sherwood, we can beat ManU away if we try. Hope Pochettino and his team will have this in mind. Really want us to beat ManU badly ! Hope we will start the new season with an erection inducing win !

You won't forgive Pochettino if we lose away against a much richer, better team than us managed by one of world football's greatest managers and with Schneiderlin, Rooney, Scweinsteiger, Mata, Depay and others in the team? You won't forgive Pochettino? Haha Hahaha, brilliant! fudge me!

What do people make of the news Johnstone is starting in goal for ManUre?

Mind games and De Gea starts? VG seems pretty set in his ways when someone steps out of line, so probably not.

Surely Lindegaard is the best option, but VG doesn't mind throwing kids in, as he did last season.
If Johnstone does start, we should try and pepper the goal, test him as much as possible.

Will be chuffed if we can keep a clean sheet Roy! Not our style though is it?

Of course they are the favourites, being at home. The two things we cling onto are their new signings not performing and their keeper - which could be a massive bonus. If Chadli, Eriksen and Kane can fire some sighters on target, it could unsettle whoever plays. But same could be said for us. If Lloris plays (think and hope he will) he might be rusty.

A game determined by the keepers?

Last edited:
What do people make of the news Johnstone is starting in goal for ManUre?

Mind games and De Gea starts? VG seems pretty set in his ways when someone steps out of line, so probably not.

Surely Lindegaard is the best option, but VG doesn't mind throwing kids in, as he did last season.
If Johnstone does start, we should try and pepper the goal, test him as much as possible.

Wouldn't Romero be more likely?

I think Lindegaard is out of the picture, just as Valdes who has been sent to train with the kids.

I've not really been following the football or Spurs news this summer so today has crept up on me. I only found out yesterday it starts this morning.

COYS

Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Young, Depay, Mata, Rooney

Vorm, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Demeble, Chadli, Kane

No Lloris, Rose, Alli or Lamela.

Back